Sims FreePlay Alternative?

General chit chat, forum rules and everything non-Sims Freeplay can be discussed here.
ITDAD
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Sims FreePlay Alternative?

Post by ITDAD »

Any recommendations on comparable games to play while the "death" update is sorted out? What else are folks playing :?:
Game Center ID: RelaxedN10sity
HFN: Haunted House next to Firehouse
Ann Sims
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Sims FreePlay Alternative?

Post by Ann Sims »

It isnt anything like SFP but I play The Tribez on my kindle and on FB. 2 different Tribez games. :lol:
Ive had a lot more time to play since I quit SFP the day before my kindle would force me to update. If you like challenging games this it truly challenging and free if you have patience.
mudgenie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by mudgenie »

I have been playing Minecraft PE. Not like the sims but still fun.
Spirited Away Ghost hunting house below swim center on the left side
HFN at Starter house #22
Check out the house next to the volcano. :D
Current Update
fritzal
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by fritzal »

glad to see this thread as I have been searching for alternatives to sfp. I hope there are more games to choose from until I wake up from this "life dream".
ITDAD
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by ITDAD »

One game I saw that is a paid app, is The Sims Medieval...anyone have any experience with that? I wouldn't mind to pay for a game as long as they don't nickle and dime you with a bunch of "in-game" purchases...the ratings aren't as high as SFP but SFP makes it obvious how mis-leading they can be...
EmmyBerry
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by EmmyBerry »

I've been looking for alternatives for a while now but haven't found any games I liked.
I tried Virtual Villagers and Virtual Families but neither really appealed to me.
I also gave Sims Medieval a shot when it was free a while ago, glad I didn't pay for it because in my opinion it is crap.
You cannot compare it to Sims Freeplay at all, the controls aren't as good and kinda unprecise and the style of gameplay just seemed a lot worse.
I don't know about in game purchases, I didn't play the game very long and I generally ignore in game purchases anyway so I didn't really pay attention to that.
Account inactive since I don't play SimsFreeplay anymore.
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

ITDAD wrote:One game I saw that is a paid app, is The Sims Medieval...anyone have any experience with that? I wouldn't mind to pay for a game as long as they don't nickle and dime you with a bunch of "in-game" purchases...the ratings aren't as high as SFP but SFP makes it obvious how mis-leading they can be...
I bought this one last year, thinking it would be like the desktop version. But sadly, it is only a small portion, and I didn't like it. There are only a handful of tasks, traveling to meet various other sims, doing repetitive actions over and over. There is fishing though, of which the action of thrusting my ipad forward like a fishing rod almost cost me my ipad. And your sim's (you only get one) needs drain very fast. The way you level through the game is very hard to understand. I believe the they would have meaning if you were playing the full game. They haven't updated it since Nov 2012, and don't guess they will.
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)
ITDAD
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by ITDAD »

I'll stay away from that one then.
Yelell
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Yelell »

I had sims medieval on my iphone and I did like the music and the little sim battles, but it is not at all like freeplay. You can't choose where you live or customize houses, and the game has an ending. Someone told me to try smurf's village or something a while back because I liked freeplay. Honestly I did not like it, but it was popular and I'm pretty sure it was free. What irritated me was crops didn't wait for you to come back. If they were ready and you weren't there to collect them they died so I lost interest.
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

EmmyBerry wrote:I've been looking for alternatives for a while now but haven't found any games I liked.
I tried Virtual Villagers and Virtual Families but neither really appealed to me.<snip>
I've played Virtual Villagers (VV) and Virtual Families (VF) in the past, enjoyed them, and will play those series again. But with VV and VF, you have to have a different mindset about the characters. The game runs in real time, and can run all the time, or paused when you're not playing. With these 'sims' you know they are not going to live long if the game runs all the time, but you can pause gameplay any time. VV also has different time settings for when the game is not paused (slow, normal, and fast). In VV your focus is saving and building a whole village. VF is more about building a home and the generations that live there. While you can direct their lives/actions, they have emergent software, will eventually learn the tasks you give them, and at some point start certain tasks on their own. Of course you can stop them, and redirect them anytime, or begin them on a whole new track if you like. They have personality traits that sometimes means they don't want to do what you tell them. This makes them feel more real to me. There are no XPs to gain. There is only one currency. There are no levels to climb, only puzzles, that once solved, help your people live. There are milestones and trophies that can be achieved, but are not necessary to succeed. I really liked it, but I understand it's not for everyone.
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)