[DISCOVERY QUEST] A Dance To Remember

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
wandawonders
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Re: [QUEST] A Dance To Remember

Post by wandawonders »

I was enjoying this quest when I made a mistake and sent my Sims to work from the villa after they chatted! Now I can't find my way back to the villa to thank the Fantasias. Please help. My time is ticking away.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

wandawonders wrote:I was enjoying this quest when I made a mistake and sent my Sims to work from the villa after they chatted! Now I can't find my way back to the villa to thank the Fantasias. Please help. My time is ticking away.
If you go to the park you should see a red car on the street. One of your sims can take that to get back to the villa. I have forgotten, though, which side of the street it is on.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Dellie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Dellie »

If you are planning on using the lucky spin and you are comfortable with the save and reset, perhaps you could save the game before you do a spin and reset it if you don't get what you need?

For me, if I was going to use the LP, I'd be more tempted to use it to complete the 1 1/2 hr task, as at least I would get the skill points and it only costs 1 LP a time. Having said that, the lucky spin works on a specific row. I'd still want to do the save Prior to starting the task and reset if I didn't get what I wanted.
GC delli_from_welli (MUST mention SFP Forum)
HFN 2 East Oceanside (includes some haunted items)
HH 1 Museum Boulevard
Castle 3 West Oceanside
Spaceship 3 Bliss Drive
Entertainment Complex 4 Bliss Drive
DAYCARE UPDATE
LovemySims
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by LovemySims »

Ah ha! I never thought of auto completing it for only 1LP instead of spinning for 4, 5 or 6. I'm not too comfortable with the save and reset thing,I'm scared I'll lose all my progress.
Thanks Dellie!
Dellie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Dellie »

LovemySims wrote:Ah ha! I never thought of auto completing it for only 1LP instead of spinning for 4, 5 or 6. I'm not too comfortable with the save and reset thing,I'm scared I'll lose all my progress.
Thanks Dellie!
I've used it many a time! I still check when my last save was before I attempt a reset.

Even though I've done it so often, I still get apprehensive, but am always glad after.

I've been using it for the gems from the pirate ship as I rarely seem to get the green gem.
GC delli_from_welli (MUST mention SFP Forum)
HFN 2 East Oceanside (includes some haunted items)
HH 1 Museum Boulevard
Castle 3 West Oceanside
Spaceship 3 Bliss Drive
Entertainment Complex 4 Bliss Drive
DAYCARE UPDATE
Sherry
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Sherry »

I am only able to have one couple dancing at a time. I begin with 2 couples dancing, but when I return, only one couple has the question mark over their head. It's kind of like the dog frisbee problem where the 2nd couple has just stopped dancing and even changed back to their original clothes. Is anyone else having this problem? Thanks!
LovemySims
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by LovemySims »

Dellie wrote:
LovemySims wrote:Ah ha! I never thought of auto completing it for only 1LP instead of spinning for 4, 5 or 6. I'm not too comfortable with the save and reset thing,I'm scared I'll lose all my progress.
Thanks Dellie!
I've used it many a time! I still check when my last save was before I attempt a reset.

Even though I've done it so often, I still get apprehensive, but am always glad after.

I've been using it for the gems from the pirate ship as I rarely seem to get the green gem.
Ooh I'm tempted now but I think I'll chicken out at the last minute if I try it :lol: That pirate ship is near impossible to collect the right gems from.
calleighwolfe
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by calleighwolfe »

Sherry wrote:I am only able to have one couple dancing at a time. I begin with 2 couples dancing, but when I return, only one couple has the question mark over their head. It's kind of like the dog frisbee problem where the 2nd couple has just stopped dancing and even changed back to their original clothes. Is anyone else having this problem? Thanks!
I am :(

It worked the first two times I had two couples dancing but then it stopped working :(
I'm on Facebook! Just ask ;)
It might take me a while to answer, but I will :)
Level 55. TV: 124,171,224
HFN: Starter House
Haunted House: 1 EastSide
Tutti Frutti Update
Signature updated on March 17th, 2022
alsie27
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by alsie27 »

calleighwolfe wrote:
Sherry wrote:I am only able to have one couple dancing at a time. I begin with 2 couples dancing, but when I return, only one couple has the question mark over their head. It's kind of like the dog frisbee problem where the 2nd couple has just stopped dancing and even changed back to their original clothes. Is anyone else having this problem? Thanks!
I am :(

It worked the first two times I had two couples dancing but then it stopped working :(
Yes. It seems to be pretty random. Sometimes when I go back both couples will have finished but most of the time one of them is just standing there without having finished dancing. Sometimes I've caught a glimpse of the footprints above one Sim's head, as if they were suddenly lacking space for dancing even though when I started them on it they seemed to be able to get started just fine. However, I don't know what to do about the space problem, there is quite a large space in front of the jukebox.

I've practically only got two days left but I'm still missing four medals. The first few were a lot easier to get than the last ones, again. The first dancing couple hasn't even gotten to level six yet, because the level progress seems to be quite random. Blah. Yesterday I tried resetting but still only got a medal I already had, and I'm reluctant to try again because it was actually quite scary. The part about "logging in" confuses me.
kls1st
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by kls1st »

Try moving the jukebox to the middle of the room. Make sure all the sims involved are definitely dancing before you leave the scene.