[DISCOVERY QUEST] Love & Treasure

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
Madlyaddicted
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: [DISCOVERY QUEST] Love & Treasure

Post by Madlyaddicted »

So why did I have to spend millions on building the island for the quest to start.. Only to win the island and villa that I already have?
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by contrarysims »

Madlyaddicted wrote: 02 Feb 2018, 06:57 So why did I have to spend millions on building the island for the quest to start.. Only to win the island and villa that I already have?
How do you already have the island before completing the quest? :?
HFN Community House, 2 Divers Way
HH Art school gallery, 3 Firehouse Road
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

contrarysims wrote: 02 Feb 2018, 07:27
Madlyaddicted wrote: 02 Feb 2018, 06:57 So why did I have to spend millions on building the island for the quest to start.. Only to win the island and villa that I already have?
The villa is there while the quest. After completing the quest, the island will turn into one vacant standard lot and the lawn and villa will have gone.

Completing the quest at all will give you one template „Private Island“, which is the island lawn with access to horse riding and the other activities but without the villa. Completing the quest within the 8 days will give you another template „Island Villa“, which is the same lawn but including the villa.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by contrarysims »

ErinPW wrote: 02 Feb 2018, 09:11
contrarysims wrote: 02 Feb 2018, 07:27
The villa is there while the quest. After completing the quest, the island will turn into one vacant standard lot and the lawn and villa will have gone.

Completing the quest at all will give you one template „Private Island“, which is the island lawn with access to horse riding and the other activities but without the villa. Completing the quest within the 8 days will give you another template „Island Villa“, which is the same lawn but including the villa.
Yes, Ive got that. But madlyaddicted seemed to be suggesting that they already had the island before purchasing the island in order to start the quest that earns the island. So I was super confused by that? Unless I'm misunderstanding what their complaint is?
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

contrarysims wrote: 02 Feb 2018, 09:20 […]

Yes, Ive got that. But madlyaddicted seemed to be suggesting that they already had the island before purchasing the island in order to start the quest that earns the island. So I was super confused by that? Unless I'm misunderstanding what their complaint is?
:oops: Sorry, I have quoted the wrong post :oops: My reply was meant for madlyaddicted.

As far as I understand her she has built the island to start the quest, so the island and villa are there for doing the quest.
iOS 17.4.1

contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by contrarysims »

ErinPW wrote: 02 Feb 2018, 09:43

:oops: Sorry, I have quoted the wrong post :oops: My reply was meant for madlyaddicted.

As far as I understand her she has built the island to start the quest, so the island and villa are there for doing the quest.
Oh, no worries.

Anyway I've reread, and I think madlyaddicted just meant that it sucks to have to pay/work for the one thing multiple times - pay millions for island, hurry and complete quest in time limit, then buy home lot all over again. Which I do totally agree.

Though I'm assuming that we get the first lot free as usual.

*I feel like we're discussing madlyaddicted behind her back now and it feels strange :lol:
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

contrarysims wrote: 02 Feb 2018, 09:57

Oh, no worries.

Anyway I've reread, and I think madlyaddicted just meant that it sucks to have to pay/work for the one thing multiple times - pay millions for island, hurry and complete quest in time limit, then buy home lot all over again. Which I do totally agree.

*I feel like we're discussing madlyaddicted behind her back now and it feels strange :lol:
I agree!

The first villa will be free, but we‘ll have to pay for the other one. (Having 6 homes built the „Private Island“ will cost about § 19,000)
iOS 17.4.1

Madlyaddicted
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Madlyaddicted »

contrarysims wrote: 02 Feb 2018, 09:57

Oh, no worries.

What I did was pay about 3,000,000 to build the Island with the villa on. As soon as it was finished the quest begun, but it says you do the quest In order to get the island and villa.... I'm so confused.....
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by contrarysims »

Madlyaddicted wrote: 02 Feb 2018, 20:51
What I did was pay about 3,000,000 to build the Island with the villa on. As soon as it was finished the quest begun, but it says you do the quest In order to get the island and villa.... I'm so confused.....
Yeah, I understand you now. That does really suck. It's totally like they're making us pay for it more than once. Like, we've just dropped millions of simoleons on this, but we still can't have it until we jump through more hoops?

I also thought it was disappointing updating only to have to wait three days for the island to build before anything interesting happens. It was a little anticlimactic.

But you will have the island to build on at the end of it, even if you don't finish on time. The limited prize is the template with the raised platform, so you can still build your own house on it if you miss out.

I'm already at about 40% after a couple of days, so the time limit seems pretty manageable.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

contrarysims wrote: 02 Feb 2018, 22:31
Madlyaddicted wrote: 02 Feb 2018, 20:51
Yeah, I understand you now. That does really suck. It's totally like they're making us pay for it more than once. Like, we've just dropped millions of simoleons on this, but we still can't have it until we jump through more hoops?

I also thought it was disappointing updating only to have to wait three days for the island to build before anything interesting happens. It was a little anticlimactic.

But you will have the island to build on at the end of it, even if you don't finish on time. The limited prize is the template with the raised platform, so you can still build your own house on it if you miss out.

I'm already at about 40% after a couple of days, so the time limit seems pretty manageable.
This reminds me of the Oceanview Estates quest. We have to first build the real estate agency as part of the quest to get the oceanview lots. The only thing that's different about this quest is that it just unlocks 1 more lot instead of 7.

As frustrating as it is, it follows FM/EA's MO of making us pay for things in multiple ways and jump through lots of hoops to get any "new" content.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update