[FEATURE QUEST] Cars in Lots

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
mockingbird288z

[FEATURE QUEST] Cars in Lots

Post by mockingbird288z »

Verified in March 2022.

This is a new different type of quest. There is no time limit to it and no limited time prize. It just unlocks a new feature. The price to start the quest depends on what level you are in the game.

This quest will unlock the ability to place cars on the buildable areas of a home lot.

Note: Times may vary as they depend on the star rating of the used objects and your Sim‘s mood. (Inspired Sims will be faster, happy Sims will do the tasks at a normal speed, sad Sims will need more time.)

Cars in Lots
1. Speak to the Mechanic - 30 seconds
2. Listen to Lee's Idea - 15 seconds
3. Check Junk Mail - 48 seconds
4. Get help from Lee - 2 minutes
5. Buy a car from the Car Dealer (There‘s a Red Sedan for free.)
6. Visit a House with a Car
7. Move Car onto a Lot
8. Return Car to Parking Space
9. Move Car to new location
10. Take photo of the Car - 12 seconds
11. View a Car's available actions
12. Show Lee Photos - 1 minute
13. Celebrate - 1 minute
14. Say Goodbye - 30 seconds
[+] Original list
Speak to the Mechanic - 30 seconds
Listen to Lee's Idea - 15 seconds
Check Junk Mail - 48 seconds
Get help from Lee - 2 minutes
Buy a car from the Car Dealer
Visit a House with a Car
Move Car onto a Lot
Return Car to Parking Space
Move Car to new location
Take photo of the Car - 12 seconds
View a Car's available actions
Show Lee Photos - 1 minute
Celebrate - 1 minute
Say Goodbye - 30 seconds
Last edited by ErinPW on 03 Mar 2022, 20:27, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: [FEATURE QUEST] Cars in Lots

Post by Butterfly »

Hi Mockingbird - Thanks a bunch 😁 for sharing these helpful details!
3luv4eva3
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by 3luv4eva3 »

I would be much more excited about this quest if it didn't cost nearly quadruple my current Simoleon total...
SFP: Level 55
VIP: Level 12
Version 5.76.0 - Live, Laugh, Loft

'low key' gamer, writer and binge watcher
Thiscat06
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Thiscat06 »

I checked the quest earlier and it’s going to cost me almost 8 million simoleons. I wish they would lower the price. I want to do the quest but I don’t have 8 million simoleons.
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by randy_thrandy »

3luv4eva3 wrote: 14 Mar 2019, 04:11 I would be much more excited about this quest if it didn't cost nearly quadruple my current Simoleon total...
Thiscat06 wrote: 14 Mar 2019, 20:18 I checked the quest earlier and it’s going to cost me almost 8 million simoleons. I wish they would lower the price. I want to do the quest but I don’t have 8 million simoleons.
y'all, i was like, hmm, new quest, let's see *clicks on the mechanic in night club* *sees the required amount of simoleans i gotta pay for the privilige of being allowed to start some darn tedious quest nobody asked for* *instantly gets palpitations*

DAMN THEY GOD PRICEY!! :roll: holyyyy lord on high! do you think we'll have to routinely pay for staing quests from now on? i'll have to create money-grubbing tycoons sims and a really rich and loan-happy trump-senior sim and then also a few drug lords sims to help me finance all this!
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~
3luv4eva3
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by 3luv4eva3 »

I've decided that I'll probably never do this quest. I'm never gonna have enough Simoleons to this unless I pay for them with my own money (which is obviously what FM want us to do) so I'm not gonna save up anything for it. I've got other house builds that I want to renovate and build - comfortable living is key for my Sims in my SimTown!

I'm just praying that maybe one day FM will see the error of their ways, and reduce the price significantly. Wishful thinking though...
SFP: Level 55
VIP: Level 12
Version 5.76.0 - Live, Laugh, Loft

'low key' gamer, writer and binge watcher
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by randy_thrandy »

3luv4eva3 wrote: 20 Mar 2019, 07:06 I'm just praying that maybe one day FM will see the error of their ways, and reduce the price significantly. Wishful thinking though...
better get the whole village praying, too! :roll: it's really awful not to be able to afford that, i feel for you. i'm growing more and more concerned myself with the whole crazily-rising prices. :/
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

I started a new game to see when this quest appears in game. The night club was there from the beginning including the quest.

The game reached level 8 before I could have started the quest. But it costs § 64,999, which have to be earned first. I wonder how much the costs will increase until this town has earned 65thousand simoleons, because everything I do will also help to level up. (Level 9 did show the same amount.)
Attachments
Feature Quest in a new town
Feature Quest in a new town
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
bloodredroses01
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bloodredroses01 »

Erin, thanks for checking this out. It sounds as if this quest is like chasing a marsh-light through a swamp because from what I gather, unless you stop adding more houses and Sims by the time you have the original amount needed the price will have gone up because of the added TV.

FM’s new motto must be ‘Screw the players as often as possible’ and that is such a crappy way to do business.
Morgan Rose
GameCenter: BloodRedRoses01 (not that it matters)
Party of the Decade update
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

bloodredroses01 wrote: 21 Mar 2019, 01:56 Erin, thanks for checking this out. It sounds as if this quest is like chasing a marsh-light through a swamp because from what I gather, unless you stop adding more houses and Sims by the time you have the original amount needed the price will have gone up because of the added TV.

FM’s new motto must be ‘Screw the players as often as possible’ and that is such a crappy way to do business.
The price doesn't increase because of TV. It's based just on what level you are on. As you level up the price will increase.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update