Sims 4 Standard Edition Free

randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: Sims 4 Standard Edition Free

Post by randy_thrandy »

oh my god telemwill this is cRAZYYY!!! i have done the exact opposite of what you (and logic) advised and jumped face-first into mods. :lol: so far nothing dramatic, a new skin and few hairstyles, mostly i was just browsing but the sheer amount of /possibilities/ is horrifying! also very glitchy. barely anything works the way it's meant to. people are ingenious tho, it's beautiful to see the sort of incredible stuff they come up with and also excecute marvellously!

this is truly a whole different gameplay compared to sims freeplay, i had never expected that it would be so ... extensive. i've never actually played any proper computer game and i don't think i will play sims 4 the way it's meant to bc i don't have any time but ... i suppose it will come handy for the occasional relaxing episode spent immersed in the CAS. :D

thank you so much for your tips, you truly helped me understand the concepts instantly!

forgive me for being blunt but, considering the selection of mods, isn't this whole thing a bit .. well, NSFW-oriented? in a certain way? i was looking for male body hair mod so i could make a realistic middle aged dad for my new sim family and found insanely detailed stuff in terms of nude sims, genitals, realistic skin and god knows what else? i mean, that does not strike me as something one would necessarily need to play a game like sims 4 ?? i always kind of felt it was oriented a bit more towards idiots like myself who like to build cute two story houses and play with genetics to make big families with lots of geeky kids... dunno what to say, i was just so surprised. when it came to skin customization i mainly focused on tattoos while a whole lotta other people seem to be very into realistic 3D nipples with 3 variations of areola size. i was like, here i am trying to play a kiddie game to loosen up while studying and instead of cute toddler outfits all i can find are 3D nipple mods, what did i get myself into? O.o
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

randy_thrandy wrote: 29 May 2019, 16:41 oh my god telemwill this is cRAZYYY!!! i have done the exact opposite of what you (and logic) advised and jumped face-first into mods. :lol: so far nothing dramatic, a new skin and few hairstyles, mostly i was just browsing but the sheer amount of /possibilities/ is horrifying! also very glitchy. barely anything works the way it's meant to. people are ingenious tho, it's beautiful to see the sort of incredible stuff they come up with and also excecute marvellously!

this is truly a whole different gameplay compared to sims freeplay, i had never expected that it would be so ... extensive. i've never actually played any proper computer game and i don't think i will play sims 4 the way it's meant to bc i don't have any time but ... i suppose it will come handy for the occasional relaxing episode spent immersed in the CAS. :D

thank you so much for your tips, you truly helped me understand the concepts instantly!

forgive me for being blunt but, considering the selection of mods, isn't this whole thing a bit .. well, NSFW-oriented? in a certain way? i was looking for male body hair mod so i could make a realistic middle aged dad for my new sim family and found insanely detailed stuff in terms of nude sims, genitals, realistic skin and god knows what else? i mean, that does not strike me as something one would necessarily need to play a game like sims 4 ?? i always kind of felt it was oriented a bit more towards idiots like myself who like to build cute two story houses and play with genetics to make big families with lots of geeky kids... dunno what to say, i was just so surprised. when it came to skin customization i mainly focused on tattoos while a whole lotta other people seem to be very into realistic 3D nipples with 3 variations of areola size. i was like, here i am trying to play a kiddie game to loosen up while studying and instead of cute toddler outfits all i can find are 3D nipple mods, what did i get myself into? O.o
Haha, yeah, I don't get into the NSFW stuff myself. Or teen pregnancy or other real life problems. I want to escape reality, not drown in it. But it is good to have choices. It seems kinda crazy compared to Free play for sure.

While the game can be a time suck, I find it works fine to get on even for a few minutes since it is all waiting there when I get back.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by randy_thrandy »

telemwill wrote: 30 May 2019, 02:35 Haha, yeah, I don't get into the NSFW stuff myself. Or teen pregnancy or other real life problems. I want to escape reality, not drown in it. But it is good to have choices. It seems kinda crazy compared to Free play for sure.

While the game can be a time suck, I find it works fine to get on even for a few minutes since it is all waiting there when I get back.
please don't remind me, i stumbled upon a mod for male pregnancy. it might have something to do with my choice of career but i cannot stand these things, not in (fan)fiction or anywhere, really, same with the A/B/O universe and all that, in unnerves me horribly. i understand people like things in fantasy and there's nothing wrong with it but i'm still surprised at myself for how much it rubs me the wrong way. :lol:

so far i've decided to follow your advice and make ample use of the pause button. i'm browsing for clothing and hair mods. the other stuff i might actually never get to. yesterday i found the cutest preteen or children's jumpers and i'm just so happy with them!! :roll: :D

oh just one more thing if i may... do you keep the in-game premade families and sims? i kinda don't know what to do with them. they're taking up space... :S is it okay if i just delete them and make my own gradually over time?
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

randy_thrandy wrote: 30 May 2019, 14:45
telemwill wrote: 30 May 2019, 02:35 Haha, yeah, I don't get into the NSFW stuff myself. Or teen pregnancy or other real life problems. I want to escape reality, not drown in it. But it is good to have choices. It seems kinda crazy compared to Free play for sure.

please don't remind me, i stumbled upon a mod for male pregnancy. it might have something to do with my choice of career but i cannot stand these things, not in (fan)fiction or anywhere, really, same with the A/B/O universe and all that, in unnerves me horribly. i understand people like things in fantasy and there's nothing wrong with it but i'm still surprised at myself for how much it rubs me the wrong way. :lol:

so far i've decided to follow your advice and make ample use of the pause button. i'm browsing for clothing and hair mods. the other stuff i might actually never get to. yesterday i found the cutest preteen or children's jumpers and i'm just so happy with them!! :roll: :D

oh just one more thing if i may... do you keep the in-game premade families and sims? i kinda don't know what to do with them. they're taking up space... :S is it okay if i just delete them and make my own gradually over time?
I am not sure about that for Sims 4. In Sims 2, deleting Sims could corrupt the game, so it was better to just let them die off, or kill them. What you can do that might be safer, is to simply evict them from their houses.

I did find this though:
Go to Manage World -> save the current game in case anything goes wrong or you simply change your mind
Select the household that you want to edit
Locate the house where your Sim lives
Click on it -> open the Manage Household screen
Now, go and click on the … icon -> select Manage Household
To delete a Sim permanently, go to the Create A Sim menu -> hover over the icon of the Sim you want to deletepermanently delete sim
Click on the X button when it appears on the screen and confirm your choice. That’s it, your Sim is now history.

So if you do try it, I would do it that way. Sometimes deleting them causes duplicates to appear.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by randy_thrandy »

thanks for the advice! i tried to do it that way and so far it's all functioning well! if doppelgangers appear, i will deal with them the same way. :twisted:
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~