The game crashes, which made all of my sims cancels their action!

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
ChocolateCookie
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

The game crashes, which made all of my sims cancels their action!

Post by ChocolateCookie »

I was about to collect resources for the live event of holiday condo, suddenly the game crashed and that made all of my sims cancel their actions...

Which means i have to make resources again, and re do the 1 day task at sim springs! :cry:

Did this also happen to you?
Attachments
Sims cancelled all of their actions
Sims cancelled all of their actions
ErinPW

Re: The game crashes, which made all of my sims cancels their action!

Post by ErinPW »

If you‘re playing on Android there should be a hotfix in your App Store. Hope, this really fixes the crashing!

Source: SFP Facebook
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
LeneLoons
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by LeneLoons »

Hi.

This also happens to me a lot. I play this game from a tablet. So I did what they told me to: I went into the settings, found the apps, Sims Freeplay, storage, and cleaned the cache.

For a little while, the problem did not occur. Then it was back ... So I had to do the same thing all over again. And again. Really lame!

I have discovered that this problem mostly happens when I am doing tasks in Sim Springs. So I have stopped doing tasks there. I will not start doing things there till they have fixed the bug.

I hope it gets better soon! :)
ChocolateCookie
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by ChocolateCookie »

Oh and also, when the crash happened.

The Eastern Rosella or whatever that name is got stuck on the ground and you cant get rid of it.

Looks like he's gonna be stuck there for a long time...
Attachments
Eastern Rosella stuck on ground forever, Grandma Florence concerned.
Eastern Rosella stuck on ground forever, Grandma Florence concerned.
LeneLoons
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by LeneLoons »

My actions are still being cancelled, even if I have updated the game in Play store. I think they have a major problem. I have started to do what they say, I go into the settings on my tab, find "apps" - "The Sims Freeplay" and then I clear the cache. This works only for a short time. I am starting to think that I have to delete the whole game, I do not wish to waste time and money on a game they obviously cannot fix. Instead, they come up with a lot of new ideas for the game. All these new things must be the reason for the bugs?
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

I don‘t know what causes your Sims to stop their actions. If the game data is too much for your device, it may help to do several things regularly. When I had a town on an android phone, the game was indeed too much for it after a while. Then I closed all other apps via task manager/app switcher before I started to play and I cleared the cache every day after the last session. When this wasn‘t enough anymore, I cleared the cache for all apps. (There was a button to do this in one go.) I also disabled auto-updates, so no update would use valuable resources while I was playing. These tipps are from an old article by the Firemonkes for Trouble Shooting. I only have a translated version of that article; the original isn‘t accessible anymore. Let me know, if you want a link to the German Version.
Another thing is the save&exit button, which is supposed to save data on your device and minimize the game. Some time ago the Firemonkeys recommended not to use it, as it doesn‘t work like it‘s supposed to. (Many players came back to the game and found their Sims standing around instead of doing their tasks.)

Hope, this helps :)
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View