Are you losing interest?

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
hiser1974

Re: Are you losing interest?

Post by hiser1974 »

Palmjill wrote:Have been losing interest since I hit max level but the last update really killed it. Finished all the quests but very disappointed with the seniors (how they look and act) and not even bothering with the quilting hobby. My signature says it best!

Hope the next update will be more interesting without ridiculous long tasks :p
I agree that the last update really killed it, it added nothing interesting.
And indeed, hopefully the next update will be more interesting, this game has a lot of potential.

I'm at max level with enough Simoleons and LP for now.Still haven't build all houses and have plans on redesigning some houses, still have plans for my sims and city. So there is still some interest but the enthusiasm is definitely less.
LucyBoots
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by LucyBoots »

Yes I am losing interest...actually have not picked up the game in 6 days. FM is making most things unattainable like the hobbies for seniors...far to long for me to give a damn. Quests that are feasible only with lp, monuments that will never get built due to lack of drops....I have had one gold since xmas....no wind pearl or amber rock since november. Where is the incentive for me to play. Sort of regret putting so much real money into the game.
animagif
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by animagif »

Yes. I. Am.
bazlit on Game Center (not updated to simpocalypse)
HFN at starter house. Ghost hunting at 1 Museum Blvd.
Noodle doodle
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Noodle doodle »

Yes, a little, but for some reason I still do the daily tasks, and can't quit yet.
I'm hoping that the new update when it comes is a little more inspiring than the last couple!
I really don't like the bench bird feeding malarkey ..and so my oldie gal has given them the fly pass...she now teaches tricks to the frankly ghastly ugly parrots! (I have three on perches and one in a cage that Hannibal Lector would approve of).
My old chap is busy quilting, but so far has only managed three of the designs over and over and over again...blah blah...
I'm just finishing my newly acquired Scandinavian abode, and have demolished another house on a plot and am awaiting the Haunted Castle.
However...<sharp intake of breath>.... I'm lacking Sims to live in it!
I cannot get my head around the huge task of getting more sims, it's far too complicated for my tiny brain, so I'm stuck on 32 my max quota.
I need more sims really to keep my interest keen, so come on Firemonkeys...give us what we ask for, before you have an exodus of simmers!
Toodles!
Noodles x ;)
“Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.”
"We make plans and God laughs" .... :lol:
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

hiser1974 wrote:
Palmjill wrote:Have been losing interest since I hit max level but the last update really killed it. Finished all the quests but very disappointed with the seniors (how they look and act) and not even bothering with the quilting hobby. My signature says it best!

Hope the next update will be more interesting without ridiculous long tasks :p
I agree that the last update really killed it, it added nothing interesting.
And indeed, hopefully the next update will be more interesting, this game has a lot of potential.

I'm at max level with enough Simoleons and LP for now.Still haven't build all houses and have plans on redesigning some houses, still have plans for my sims and city. So there is still some interest but the enthusiasm is definitely less.
Same here. I still play every day, but with less enthusiasm.
My elders used an active crib to become young again ;)
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Akmawmaw
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Akmawmaw »

Noodle doodle wrote:Yes, a little, but for some reason I still do the daily tasks, and can't quit yet.
I'm hoping that the new update when it comes is a little more inspiring than the last couple!
I really don't like the bench bird feeding malarkey ..and so my oldie gal has given them the fly pass...she now teaches tricks to the frankly ghastly ugly parrots! (I have three on perches and one in a cage that Hannibal Lector would approve of).
My old chap is busy quilting, but so far has only managed three of the designs over and over and over again...blah blah...
I'm just finishing my newly acquired Scandinavian abode, and have demolished another house on a plot and am awaiting the Haunted Castle.
However...<sharp intake of breath>.... I'm lacking Sims to live in it!
I cannot get my head around the huge task of getting more sims, it's far too complicated for my tiny brain, so I'm stuck on 32 my max quota.
I need more sims really to keep my interest keen, so come on Firemonkeys...give us what we ask for, before you have an exodus of simmers!
Toodles!
Noodles x ;)
Haha! Hannibal lector WOULD approve of that cage. I'll never look at that parrot the same again. Thanks for the visual. Haha. But about the baby glitch. There's a thread on here, baby glitch something, where boysnberry explained it in detail just recently and, honestly, if I can stumble my way through it, and I did, I know anyone can! If you give it a go and it doesn't work, you haven't lost much. But I just know you can do it!
boysnberry11
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by boysnberry11 »

Hi fellow simmers. I'm home sick today, so thought I'd pick up my game to keep me occupied. My pups are sleeping, so they're no fun. Still the same-- gardening, hobbies, work, inspiring sims. :lol:

I guess reaching level 53 is less exciting than I thought it would be. I was hoping they'd overhaul and implement big, fun changes, such as more sim interactions, more housing options and configurations, limited edition items not part of a quest, mini quests, more fun hobbies, surprises in the game that are discovered by accident, change of seasons (Spring should bring rain and yield special high simoleon producing crops for a short period of time, summer should have grilling food sort of like gardening, fall should have leaves falling in the yard, etc), more things to explore. I don't want long boring tasks, but I do like short bursts of fun challenges.

I hope you're able to give the baby glitch a try. It's fairly simple once you do it. I might add more sims just for kicks!! I need to think up some new names and family relationships first. Oh and where they'll live. Happy simming.
GC: boysnberry11
Chezza
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Chezza »

I've seriously lost interest since reaching the max level and completing the quilting quest. I have opened the game for 4 days because I was busy with real life and there isn't really any incentive to play.

This makes me so sad because I have been a simmer since Sims 1 and FP worked better around my real life. I want the joy of sims back! :(
HFN: 5 West Side - the one with the fireworks
HH: Next door
Level 56 - Always the latest update.
calleighwolfe
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by calleighwolfe »

Well, I've lost interest... not drastically and not because of the game itself. I think it was just going to happen someday.
But, since I have all the buildings already and all my sims have everything they need, I'm focusing on increasing my town value by improving their houses which are a little basic, adding more stories to the houses and building all the pre-made houses. Of course, I have to work hard to earn the simoleons, I've never been rich on simoleons so it takes a long time.

The other thing that encourages me are my neighbors. I like to think there's someone out there who really enjoys my town, so finding dirty sims would be just wrong :lol:

The thing that makes me stop playing or not picking up the game as much as I used to is that I have 28 sims and for me that's just too many sims! :lol:, sometimes I send them to work without inspiring them, so when they come back they're a mess and I take like an hour to inspire them all, it's awful! I didn't like the latest quest either, I completed it 'cause I have to complete everything I start, I just have to, but I haven't practiced any of the seniors hobbies... I don't even have a senior sim haha.
I'm on Facebook! Just ask ;)
It might take me a while to answer, but I will :)
Level 55. TV: 124,171,224
HFN: Starter House
Haunted House: 1 EastSide
Tutti Frutti Update
Signature updated on March 17th, 2022
Minima
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Minima »

I'm not losing interest per se. Send the morning guys off to work; ditto lunchtime; ditto evening. They are clean, fed, sociable and entertained. They hobby and garden when told to. I make use of the nightclub and the various modified buildings I've made to give them a spark every now and again.

..... but I'd really like something interesting to happen.

Osiris, dear chap, where are you?
Distinctly unimpressed with EA.
Actively playing my old game for as long as I can.