Life Dreams Update!

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: Life Dreams Update!

Post by HordePrime »

hipmomx2 wrote:The way I understand it is: The only actions that age the Sims are those related to the personality you chose for it.
The article said:
"Sims will age naturally for players level 24 and above... After that, Sims age a tiny bit every time they complete an action"

It doesn't say anything there about only actions relating to their personality.
hipmomx2
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by hipmomx2 »

HordePrime wrote:
hipmomx2 wrote:The way I understand it is: The only actions that age the Sims are those related to the personality you chose for it.
The article said:
"Sims will age naturally for players level 24 and above... After that, Sims age a tiny bit every time they complete an action"

I apologize, I misunderstood.
hipmomx2
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by hipmomx2 »

I think one issue is the abnormal attachments people have to this GAME. Notice I said abnormal. If your life is so bad that you are OVERreacting to this, that suggests to me that this is probably your only outlet and that is not good. If you use Freeplay as fun and ONE way to escape, fine. But if you're spending huge amounts of time and are having extreme reactions, something isn't right. Just my opinion. Maybe this cycle of life and death can help people who are in the grieving process. One life ends and another begins with the legacy of the one who has passed.
J-is-for-Jane
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by J-is-for-Jane »

hipmomx2 wrote:Oops...here it is.http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GBgR6JKNyP4
Thanks very much for the link. I've seen the video, but I watched the video again. I interpret what the SFP producer said differently. Sadly, I don't see support for life dream tasks being the only actions which trigger aging.

I've transcribed a bit from the video:
"In the next update, we'll be introducing natural aging for players that are level 24 and above. Once aging kicks in, the sims will begin to age a tiny, tiny bit at a time. Every time they complete an action, they'll move a little bit along the way from infant to senior.

This is important because only sims busy living their lives will be aging. You have to be actively playing with the sim."
Sims "busy living their lives" - to me - doesn't have the same meaning as sims busy completing activities only connected to their personality/life dream.

Seeing on FB how SFP is trying to spin this update as a way for simmers to have control over their sims' destinies...ignoring questions about how much LP it'll take to stave off aging/death, and just talking up things they think players will perceive as positives in the game .... if players had that much control over their sims aging, I bet SFP would be explicit and specific about promoting it.

When their marketing team talks about players having control over whether sims age, I bet they mean: just don't play with the sims :lol: :lol: :lol: That's bizarre and perverse. It changes the temper of the game ... where every activity comes with a penalty.

EDIT: Or what HordePrime said :)
HordePrime wrote:
The article said:

hipmomx2
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by hipmomx2 »

J-is-for-Jane wrote:
hipmomx2 wrote:Oops...here it is.http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GBgR6JKNyP4
Thanks very much for the link. I've seen the video, but I watched the video again. I interpret what the SFP producer said differently. Sadly, I don't see support for life dream tasks being the only actions which trigger aging.

I've transcribed a bit from the video:
"In the next update, we'll be introducing natural aging for players that are level 24 and above. Once aging kicks in, the sims will begin to age a tiny, tiny bit at a time. Every time they complete an action, they'll move a little bit along the way from infant to senior.

This is important because only sims busy living their lives will be aging. You have to be actively playing with the sim."
Sims "busy living their lives" - to me - doesn't have the same meaning as sims busy completing activities only connected to their personality/life dream.

Seeing on FB how SFP is trying to spin this update as a way for simmers to have control over their sims' destinies...ignoring questions about how much LP it'll take to stave off aging/death, and just talking up things they think players will perceive as positives in the game .... if players had that much control over their sims aging, I bet SFP would be explicit and specific about promoting it.

When their marketing team talks about players having control over whether sims age, I bet they mean: just don't play with the sims :lol: :lol: :lol: That's just bizarre and perverse. It's changes the temper of the game ... where every activity comes with a penalty.

EDIT: Or what HordePrime said :)
HordePrime wrote:
The article said:

If you go back and read it, I said "I apologize, I misunderstood. It happens.
SeekerDraconis
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SeekerDraconis »

hipmomx2 wrote:I think one issue is tnicely bnormal attachments people have to this GAME. Notice I said abnormal. If your life is so bad that you are OVERreacting to this, that suggests to me that this is probably your only outlet and that is not good. If you use Freeplay as fun and ONE way to escape, fine. But if you're spending huge amounts of time and are having extreme reactions, something isn't right. Just my opinion. Maybe this cycle of life and death can help people who are in the grieving process. One life ends and another begins with the legacy of the one who has passed.
I am going to try to say this as nicely as possible because Perturbee set this forum up so ALL us SFP fans have a safe place to discuss how we feel about the GAME and not be judged or criticized for how we choose to play our game. And I would like it to stay that way. I am one of the people who have an emotional attachment to my Sims and there is nothing abnormal about me or my life and I don't appreciate anyone implying there is. I have stated my opinions on this thread and this forum in general about the GAME. That in my opinion is what the forum is for and there is no need to start criticizing other members or how they choose to play the game or to about their personal lives.
HFN: Starter Home
HH: #2 Diver's Way
Pets, Frisbee: #1 East Oceanside
Pool: #3 East Oceanside
Woodwork & Fashion Benchs: #21 West Side (nxt to Starter Home)
3 Star Instruments: Teen Mansion @ Bliss Drive, Island
J-is-for-Jane
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by J-is-for-Jane »

Yeah, I saw it, hipmomx2 ... after I posted.

Just trying to look for - and share - info. I bet lots of lurkers and players are wondering about the same thing. So, I'm posting with an eye to larger discourse.
hipmomx2
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by hipmomx2 »

SeekerDraconis wrote:
hipmomx2 wrote:I think one issue is tnicely bnormal attachments people have to this GAME. Notice I said abnormal. If your life is so bad that you are OVERreacting to this, that suggests to me that this is probably your only outlet and that is not good. If you use Freeplay as fun and ONE way to escape, fine. But if you're spending huge amounts of time and are having extreme reactions, something isn't right. Just my opinion. Maybe this cycle of life and death can help people who are in the grieving process. One life ends and another begins with the legacy of the one who has passed.
I am going to try to say this as nicely as possible because Perturbee set this forum up so ALL us SFP fans have a safe place to discuss how we feel about the GAME and not be judged or criticized for how we choose to play our game. And I would like it to stay that way. I am one of the people who have an emotional attachment to my Sims and there is nothing abnormal about me or my life and I don't appreciate anyone implying there is. I have stated my opinions on this thread and this forum in general about the GAME. That in my opinion is what the forum is for and there is no need to start criticizing other members or how they choose to play the game or
]
If what you are saying about yourself is true then obviously my comment wasn't directed towards you and shouldn't have effected you in any way. I didn't say anything about people who are attached to their Sims. I said something about an abnormal attachment. My sister is a psychiatrist, a Freeplay player and a member of this forum. We were sitting here together reading the reactions and she told me about patients who become abnormally attached to THIS and other games. That is usually an indicator of other issues. So, if that doesn't pertain to you, Im not sure why you are having such a strong reaction. This forum allows for all of our opinions to be expressed, including mine. Nowhere does it say you have to like them all. My point is, if you don't like the game, don't play.
J-is-for-Jane
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by J-is-for-Jane »

hipmomx2 wrote:
SeekerDraconis wrote:
I am going to try to say this as nicely as possible because Perturbee set this forum up so ALL us SFP fans have a safe place to discuss how we feel about the GAME and not be judged or criticized for how we choose to play our game. And I would like it to stay that way. I am one of the people who have an emotional attachment to my Sims and there is nothing abnormal about me or my life and I don't appreciate anyone implying there is. I have stated my opinions on this thread and this forum in general about the GAME. That in my opinion is what the forum is for and there is no need to start criticizing other members or how they choose to play the game or
]
If what you are saying about yourself is true then obviously my comment wasn't directed towards you and shouldn't have effected you in any way. I didn't say anything about people who are attached to their Sims. I said something about an abnormal attachment. My sister is a psychiatrist, a Freeplay player and a member of this forum. We were sitting here together reading the reactions and she told me about patients who become abnormally attached to THIS and other games. That is usually an indicator of other issues. So, if that doesn't pertain to you, Im not sure why you are having such a strong reaction. This forum allows for all of our opinions to be expressed, including mine. Nowhere does it say you have to like them all. My point is, if you don't like the game, don't play.
Wow your sister seems supercool!! Here's an idea ... ask her about members of videogame forums who get abnormally aggressive, hostile, touchy and defensive when fellow players don't react to videogames the way they would have them behave. Hyper-invested? Control issues? Excessively porous boundaries between concepts of the ego and the other?

Not that there's anyone here who's like that, mind you. If anyone takes offense to what just I wrote, then it's obviously on them for not having confronted and dealt with their abnormalities. If no sociopathy is in play, then this post should go down smooth and easy.
Christina
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Christina »

I dont like the sound of this update, but will wait until I know the full facts before pulling the plug on my game. I spend my working days dealing with death and grieving relatives, this is my career choice, but I dont want to deal with it when off duty. I play sims to create a reality where life is ideal and people dont die. This is not because I "have a problem" but my way of destressing. I have enjoyed playing the simsfreeplay but will look for another game if preventing the ageing of sims becomes a major task.
HFN at 1 East Oceanside.
Haunted House
FB - Christina Rn