Life dreams update - what's changed?

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Baltimore21224
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: Life dreams update - what's changed?

Post by Baltimore21224 »

For those who updated....I'm a bit freaked...

My fourth and fifth sim have glow bubbles around them. I just made their son. Are they starting the age process already??? I created them last night! I spent the time I had this evening adding new tv characters. Mind you the first three sims are not glowing....so confused. :roll:
Game Center: Baltimore21224

My new game is pre life dreams. I'll play this way until auto age in disabled.
Microdot
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Microdot »

Baltimore21224 wrote:For those who updated....I'm a bit freaked...

My fourth and fifth sim have glow bubbles around them. I just made their son. Are they starting the age process already??? I created them last night! I spent the time I had this evening adding new tv characters. Mind you the first three sims are not glowing....so confused. :roll:
If those bubbles are green, it just Means that they are inspired. Those without bubbles need to get their needs met.
Game #1: Lvl. 55 Desert Oasis Gamecenter
HFN=Starter House, GH=Museum Boulevard
Game #2: Lvl. 55 Desert Oasis Facebook & Google+
HFN=Starter House, GH=Firehouse Road
Contact information in my profile - Mention forum please
Baltimore21224
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Baltimore21224 »

Microdot wrote:
Baltimore21224 wrote:For those who updated....I'm a bit freaked...

If those bubbles are green, it just Means that they are inspired. Those without bubbles need to get their needs met.
Oh thank you....whewww

salsarush
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by salsarush »

Did you notice? Toddler can stay home alone :shock: :shock: :shock:
@Marta from Italy@
GC: salsarush
Pet Farm: Volcano View
Microdot
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Microdot »

salsarush wrote:Did you notice? Toddler can stay home alone :shock: :shock: :shock:
Yes, I've noticed - and go to the Beach and everywhere else alone to.
Violet
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Violet »

DiTori wrote:Ice skating, Fashion Studio, Diving Board have changed to 10 mins for the shortest

Woodworking only the Quick Practice changed now 10 mins and CarveMagnum Opus is still 9 hrs.

Ghost hunting is still the same.

I just noticed that the 10-minute Fashion Design action rewards 99 XP (90 for non-resident Sim), yet the 10-minute Woodworking action rewards only 16 XP (15 for non-resident Sim).

If they are going to make the times longer, they should increase the XP too, for ALL hobbies. This must be a mistake, because that makes no sense.
Add me on GC: ~{ver0nica}~
HFN: Starter house plot
sonlightmom
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by sonlightmom »

Add me to the list if those who are freaked out by this update! I know there have been a lot of threads and questions about this and that not everything is cleat yet, and so I apologize if this has been asked before...
I have already updated my game but what if I just want to go on playing the game and ignoring any orb/life dream tasks. Is there anyway to keep my existing sims from aging up and dying? My 2 cute little toddler girls are the ones who have moved the farthest in the green circle, not quite 25% yet, so when that bar fills up they are going to turn into pre teens and there's nothing I can do to stop that if I don't have an orb to give them or don't want to use life points to turn them back into toddlers? I am perfectly content with my families, friends, relationships, hobbies and jobs just as they are, as I'm sure many Sims players are. So am I understanding this correctly or am I missing something?

I already spend more time than I should keeping all my little sims happy but it sounds like if i don't want to do the whole orb/ life goal thing that eventually all my existing Sims are going to die. Or I'm going to have to spend even more time doing these goals to keep them alive. If that's the case I'm not sure there's any point of continuing this game. I'd rather quit now and leave my little sims live by themselves in their own little sims world than continue to play only to see them die off one by one.
Kristi

* Neighbor House: Starter house
* Haunted house: Next door to starter house
* Other items: Teen Idol Mansion or 2 Story Mansion on Island, including cat, dog w. Frisbee & firepole.
* Game Center Name: sonlightmom
Microdot
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Microdot »

sonlightmom wrote:Add me to the list if those who are freaked out by this update! I know there have been a lot of threads and questions about this and that not everything is cleat yet, and so I apologize if this has been asked before...
I have already updated my game but what if I just want to go on playing the game and ignoring any orb/life dream tasks. Is there anyway to keep my existing sims from aging up and dying? My 2 cute little toddler girls are the ones who have moved the farthest in the green circle, not quite 25% yet, so when that bar fills up they are going to turn into pre teens and there's nothing I can do to stop that if I don't have an orb to give them or don't want to use life points to turn them back into toddlers? I am perfectly content with my families, friends, relationships, hobbies and jobs just as they are, as I'm sure many Sims players are. So am I understanding this correctly or am I missing something?

I already spend more time than I should keeping all my little sims happy but it sounds like if i don't want to do the whole orb/ life goal thing that eventually all my existing Sims are going to die. Or I'm going to have to spend even more time doing these goals to keep them alive. If that's the case I'm not sure there's any point of continuing this game. I'd rather quit now and leave my little sims live by themselves in their own little sims world than continue to play only to see them die off one by one.
You can read everything you need to know about Aging and Orb's on Perturbees blog:
http://simsfp.blogspot.dk/2014/03/life- ... .html#more
sonlightmom
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by sonlightmom »

Thanks Microdot, but this only explains the process from a new sim assigned one of the new personalities. What about my existing sims who don't have these personalities or life dreams? Am I going to be asked to choose one when they advance to the next stage of life?
And isn't there any way at all to just stop my current Sims from having to go through the aging process? (I'm guessing not!)
Kristi

* Neighbor House: Starter house
* Haunted house: Next door to starter house
* Other items: Teen Idol Mansion or 2 Story Mansion on Island, including cat, dog w. Frisbee & firepole.
* Game Center Name: sonlightmom
Baltimore21224
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Baltimore21224 »

sonlightmom wrote:Thanks Microdot, but this only explains the process from a new sim assigned one of the new personalities. What about my existing sims who don't have these personalities or life dreams? Am I going to be asked to choose one when they advance to the next stage of life?
And isn't there any way at all to just stop my current Sims from having to go through the aging process? (I'm guessing not!)
You are not forced to taking a life dream ( that may change). Some of mine have not been given one....but their bar still fills in. My guess is they will still age and die but not leave anything to help future sims open and enjoy the new places....nor will they be able to temp halt aging unless you use LPs because they have no orb