Need Neighbors who DIDN'T UPDATE (Still on Seniors)

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Re: Need Neighbors who DIDN'T UPDATE (Still on Seniors)

Post by Perturbee »

ErinPW wrote:Yes, it's fine :) The shown date is January 30.
Grace visited your GC town a few moments ago and I made a picture.

I still save twice, via FB, log out, force close, wait, save via GC. When I open the cloud with my GC account, it always shows the different time of the last save. When I have to download a saved data, I still get different datas. I really like to have different cloud saves. In case I accidently tap the globe or partyboat, I can reset my game with the other account :)
End of January isn't too bad. And by the looks of it you did get this morning's cloud save.

Yes, safety before everything else. I'm not relying on the cloud, I have my automatic backups at night on several devices, others are backed up manually. It's much better than having accounts for all of them and having to cloud save. Now I just hook them up to one test account to visit my main town if I need SPs. When I'm doing something special -like the baby glitch- I keep backing up at every crucial moment (likewise before LD tasks are assigned). The maximum backup count is 50, but moving "old" backups to another folder allows for another 50. :D So my history of games is huge. I wish I could do the same (as easily) on my iPod.

My three public towns aren't updated, since I have enough devices to keep all my towns going separately.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

I still haven't got the i funbox, but hope to get it soon. I read it's much easier to handle, than iTunes. And I would like, not to rely on two cloud saves.
Modern Ranch Update, 5.84.0
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
katgames
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by katgames »

ErinPW wrote:
I AM approaching the 500 limit so I'm trying to limit adds to people looking for a no updated town. Also seeking advice on how to eliminate people who have updated from GC because I could make more room. Or to find people who don't play anymore. What the secret? Now can you see if they've not played in forever as opposed to a few days? Is there anyway to know what version? I can clean house and make more spaces for people playing who do not want to update.
It's possible to find players on Game Center, who have deleted the game. It's a chore, because you have to tap name by name in GC and look through the mentioned games.

Open your Game Center App, tap "Friends" and then a name. On the right hand side you'll see this friends games and the games in common. In my GC I always see SFP at the top of the list, most of my friends are active players.
If you don't find SFP in one of these lists at all, the friend has deleted the game. When I went through my friends list some time ago, I didn't hesitate to remove those names.
On iOS7 tap the name and swipe it to the left to open the red button.

For the players who have SFP in the common part, you can see when it was played the last time. The date is mentioned above the App. If it's an older date, the friend might take a break for some reason.
Edit: I can't recommend to remove this name. See Perturbee's post below.

But you can't see, who has updated the game. I can't even see it, when I visit a town. It might still be on seniors, or on Death update already. Ofcourse, if s/he has update to the horses, I can't visit, because I haven't updated, yet.

Hope, this helps :)
It DOES help but it also kinda sucks. GC should function better. Between the fact that it doesn't give goo infor and it shows those ridiculous names it's really unwieldy. Thanks for the tips though on how to do a little guess work cleaning house. Things with my cousin are improving and tomorrow she leaves the hospital so I will be able to spend a little time with my game again. Thanks for the suggestions. You always have good ideas.
:geek:
HFN: #1 West Oceanside near Campgrounds
HH: Next to Fire Station
Still no police station in mah town :roll:
katgames
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by katgames »

Okay I'm officially horrified. My iPad mini has updated itself! I'm confused and upset. I never intended to update. I backed it up to my computer. I did not do it to the cloud but somehow it updated SFP!!! I went to hibernate everyone and there it was. I could just cry. I hate Monkeys so much. And I don't want to hate anyone. Tomorrow I'll see if I can reload but I'm afraid it's lost forever. They are evil monkeys. I just wish you could buy this game so you could have the version you want. So sorre. I never intended to update this account. * insert very sad face*
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Hufflepuff Karen »

Oh no!
Try not to freak out. Just don't start the quest - markmi updated but didn't do the quest and is still playing. It means you can't use the phone though because the first task is call a friend and we've heard that pre-teens calling grandma triggers it, too. I took all of my phones out of occupied houses, just in case mine updated, too. Hope your backup can be restored!
I think, therefore, I Sim! (Or I did before they told me to "harvest" them)
HFN at Starter House (22 West Side); Pools& pets at several homes
Ghost hunting 2 Museum Blvd
GC: Hufflepuff Karen
TV $330,648,445 on 03/12/2014; Lvl 48
mudgenie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by mudgenie »

katgames wrote:Okay I'm officially horrified. My iPad mini has updated itself! I'm confused and upset. I never intended to update. I backed it up to my computer. I did not do it to the cloud but somehow it updated SFP!!! I went to hibernate everyone and there it was. I could just cry. I hate Monkeys so much. And I don't want to hate anyone. Tomorrow I'll see if I can reload but I'm afraid it's lost forever. They are evil monkeys. I just wish you could buy this game so you could have the version you want. So sorre. I never intended to update this account. * insert very sad face*
So sorry this happened to you. It happened to me too. Now I am stuck in the Saddle up update. So I am working on making orbs to save my favorite sims. If it is any conciliation, it's not as bad as I thought it would be, with the salmon I can keep my unused sims inspired so they seem happy even if I am ignoring them. They have slowed the aging down enough that you can do other things besides the orb quests with your disposable sims, though I am pretty much in a hurry to get a few of my favorite sims saved, at least one family that can be normal and maybe then I will slow down a bit. The grim reaper no longer haunts your sims. He doesn't show up till I ask for my sim to pass on. I hope you are luckier than me and can figure out how to turn the clock back on your game.
Spirited Away Ghost hunting house below swim center on the left side
HFN at Starter house #22
Check out the house next to the volcano. :D
Current Update
katgames
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by katgames »

I am so bummed. I planned to keep this town for people who use it. It never occurred to me that backing it up to my computer would update an app. That's so wrong. I mainly wanted to download some photos from my iPad mini. I thought it would just save a copy of what I had but I think somehow it did something by wifi with my iPad Air that does have the update. I'm just so mad that you can't choose the version you want to play. They could make nice bucks selling the version you want! I don't know if I can roll back. I don't have the app so anything I download will be updated. I think it's a total loss. I'm so sorre to the pees that used to use my HFN. I feel really, really, really bad abut that. I never intended to. update this account. I. Just no doing I anything with it right now. Thanks Hufflepuff Karen for the advice. Sorre mudgenie it's so weird that it can do stuff on it's now. Oh my.... So not plan.
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Hufflepuff Karen »

katgames wrote:I am so bummed. I planned to keep this town for people who use it. It never occurred to me that backing it up to my computer would update an app. That's so wrong. I mainly wanted to download some photos from my iPad mini. I thought it would just save a copy of what I had but I think somehow it did something by wifi with my iPad Air that does have the update. I'm just so mad that you can't choose the version you want to play. They could make nice bucks selling the version you want! I don't know if I can roll back. I don't have the app so anything I download will be updated. I think it's a total loss. I'm so sorre to the pees that used to use my HFN. I feel really, really, really bad abut that. I never intended to. update this account. I. Just no doing I anything with it right now. Thanks Hufflepuff Karen for the advice. Sorre mudgenie it's so weird that it can do stuff on it's now. Oh my.... So not plan.
If you plugged your iPad into your computer and you've been syncing your other electronics, it's going to sync that iPad, too. I have not plugged my iPad into my PC in 2 months. I update my iTunes on my iPod and I'm not using my iPad for much of anything except playing Sims, checking email and sending stuff to my son on Facebook. I'm avoiding doing anything that might make my iPad update - the iOS isn't updated and I have 34 apps that need updating, but not gonna do it. I'm afraid even updating one will somehow sneak an update into my Sims.
I think, therefore, I Sim! (Or I did before they told me to "harvest" them)
HFN at Starter House (22 West Side); Pools& pets at several homes
Ghost hunting 2 Museum Blvd
GC: Hufflepuff Karen
TV $330,648,445 on 03/12/2014; Lvl 48
beapas
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by beapas »

Just to let people know that I have updated to the latest Saddle up version, it wasn't by choice but a replacement hardware issue. Those who are looking for pre LD update I am afraid I can no longer help!
Apologies
katgames
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by katgames »

I think I have found a way!!! I have the Senior version on my phone. I have downloaded ifunbox and plan this weekend to try and get it back on my iPad. I have a saved version of my town if I can get the correct app back. The. I will be rolled back to the Senior version. I discovered that where you sync on Apple with computer.... The iTunes on the computer had a "download updated apps" checked. That's where I went wrong. So I have to make sure I have that OFF when I plug in phone or I'm truly ruined. I'll let you know if it works. I saved the very old version of my town to GC from my phone. S. It should be Senior Version. I'll let you know how it comes out.