Questions on ageing etc. (new update)

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Amy J
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Questions on ageing etc. (new update)

Post by Amy J »

markmi wrote:
HordePrime wrote:Does anyone know for certain yet whether I can avoid a sim ageing by simply not ever having them do anything?

Also; at what point exactly do you get to assign a life dream to a new sim?
Do you do it when you first click to have a baby, when the baby comes (24 hours later), or when the baby becomes a toddler (24 hours after that)?

Which is more advantageous; doing nothing but life goal tasks as a toddler until they age naturally, or ageing the toddler as quickly as possible and do life goals as a preteen/teen/adult? Is there an ideal ratio/combination there?

How realistic is it for an existing adult to complete a new life dream before they die? - Is that possible, or is it so difficult that you would need to use time as a toddler/preteen etc. too?

Thanks.

PS: Is it possible to get the new Orbs out of a mystery box? - That would definitely be something to work towards.

You don't have to complete the Life Dreams Quest, you can just ignore it. I've updated and my sims are all just fine and are not aging.
You may find once the time has run out on the quest your sims start to age anyway. I don't know for sure though but at the moment your game is waiting for you to start the quest goals so ageing won't have kicked in yet.
hiser1974

Post by hiser1974 »

Letting your sim idle, do nothing seems the only way to pause aging.
I tested this with a pre-teen and a baby.
The baby was doing noting,just lying in his crib. I didn't hibernate him.
Today after more then 12H his life timer is still empty.
The preteen was hibernating and I canceled that action. But still his life timer filled up.

So if you want to last your sims longer, let them idle while your not playing.
Only downside is they will get uninspired and inspiring them takes of time of their life.
The singing salmon can be handy for this as it only takes 30 sec to completely inspire a sims. But it costs 8 lp and you need to do the questline in time to unlock it.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

hiser1974 wrote:Letting your sim idle, do nothing seems the only way to pause aging.
I tested this with a pre-teen and a baby.
The baby was doing noting,just lying in his crib. I didn't hibernate him.
Today after more then 12H his life timer is still empty.
The preteen was hibernating and I canceled that action. But still his life timer filled up.

So if you want to last your sims longer, let them idle while your not playing.
Only downside is they will get uninspired and inspiring them takes of time of their life.
The singing salmon can be handy for this as it only takes 30 sec to completely inspire a sims. But it costs 8 lp and you need to do the questline in time to unlock it.
The return of the Zombie sims :(
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Violet
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Violet »

Does anyone know what the 'prize' is for those players that already have the Singing Fish? Is it just nothing, since I already have the fish unlocked?
Add me on GC: ~{ver0nica}~
HFN: Starter house plot
hiser1974

Post by hiser1974 »

If you have it already, you get one for free, at least that's what I saw on Perturbees blog.
Another thing about that salmon: by using the word 'win' they make it sound like everyone gets 1 for free but it is just unlocked.
After completing the quest line in time you still need to buy it for 8 lp if you haven't gotten it in the past.
Violet
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Violet »

Thanks Hiser. Now I know not to spend more than 8 LP to finish the quest on time!
Add me on GC: ~{ver0nica}~
HFN: Starter house plot