Does anyone like the new update???

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
lyseebell
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Does anyone like the new update???

Post by lyseebell »

Is there anyone?? All I've heard are negatives and I personally, live the new update! And please no negative responses like saying that I'm stupid!
KittySneakers
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Does anyone like the new update???

Post by KittySneakers »

Hi Lyseebell! I like the update okay. I certainly don't hate it. I was slightly put off by the fact that in the quest I had to age one of my sims, but I had just added 2 that didn't have a story behind them, so all is good. It is still my favorite game :D
lyseebell
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by lyseebell »

KittySneakers wrote:Hi Lyseebell! I like the update okay. I certainly don't hate it. I was slightly put off by the fact that in the quest I had to age one of my sims, but I had just added 2 that didn't have a story behind them, so all is good. It is still my favorite game :D
Thank you soooo much, I finally have somone that's not telling me to leave for liking the update!!! :D
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Hufflepuff Karen »

lyseebell wrote:
KittySneakers wrote:Hi Lyseebell! I like the update okay. I certainly don't hate it. I was slightly put off by the fact that in the quest I had to age one of my sims, but I had just added 2 that didn't have a story behind them, so all is good. It is still my favorite game :D
Thank you soooo much, I finally have somone that's not telling me to leave for liking the update!!! :D
I hope nobody is telling anybody to leave whether or not they like the update! Perturbee's forum is for everybody and some of the newer players either aren't at the level where they have to kill off any long time Sims or they aren't doing the quest for aging. Some of us are not updating to avoid it, because our level is high enough where we would be forced into it.

If you've only been playing for a few months, you might not be as attached to your Sim Characters as some of the rest of us are that have been playing since launch (a couple of years ago).

There are threads for people that updated and threads for people that didn't (or won't).

Plenty of conversation for everybody - no matter where you are in the game! Let's remember that Perturbee's rules are to be nice to everybody - we're all here because we like our Sims!
I think, therefore, I Sim! (Or I did before they told me to "harvest" them)
HFN at Starter House (22 West Side); Pools& pets at several homes
Ghost hunting 2 Museum Blvd
GC: Hufflepuff Karen
TV $330,648,445 on 03/12/2014; Lvl 48
Violet
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Violet »

I don't mind it. I was ready for something new and I don't spend $ on the game so I'm not upset by the big changes. I'll adapt.

I actually like that the hobbies are 10 minutes now instead of 4. With lots of Sims hobbying at the same time, now I can cycle through them and still have time to multitask in between. It also seems like the collectables are coming more freely, and it doesn't take as long to complete the grid, therefore earning LPs slightly quicker.

Another thing I have noticed is that once they are done with an action, they tend to just stand idle or go talk to another Sim instead of immediately heading towards the stairs. That was becoming very irritating that they would run off right away!

Thanks for starting a thread with some positivity about this whole thing. Even though I understand why many people are not happy, there is still room here for some optimism right?
Add me on GC: ~{ver0nica}~
HFN: Starter house plot
Sewandso
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Sewandso »

I'm not too happy about it, but I don't see it as a big deal and don't plan on quitting. I'm just annoyed because I've been playing a long time and don't want to lose my sims who have discontinued hair and clothing. I see it as a challenge though, and don't mind doing some grinding to save my favorite sims.

I noticed the stairs thing too, and am glad it has been fixed.
lyseebell
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by lyseebell »

Thank yall soooo much for no negatives! It wasn't on perturbee's website, but on others that adults weretelling me to f*** off... Trust if it were on here, I would definitly tell perturbee! I look forward to hearing more comments!
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

lyseebell wrote:Thank yall soooo much for no negatives! It wasn't on perturbee's website, but on others that adults weretelling me to f*** off... Trust if it were on here, I would definitly tell perturbee! I look forward to hearing more comments!
That's terrible! Around here, we all understand that people love the game. We understand that there are different versions of the game that appeal to different players. I believe it's fine to frustrated with a major change, and sharing our experiences helps us cope and/or work out solutions. Attacking other players is just immature and solves nothing. The truth is, if EA/FM take a glance here and note all the comments passed btween happy and unhappy players, they would probably gather enough info to make the game workable again for both parties. This is because we are trying and willing to work together. At least, that's my opinion.
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)
Stenn
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Stenn »

I've been playing for over a year, just recently hit level 53 and had 38 sims prior to updating. At first I was not happy and, like so many, contemplated not updating. But I went ahead and took the plunge. I had to lose 7 sims to finish the quest, which was surprisingly easy! I had gotten a little bored with the game so I thought of this as a new beginning. I currently have one senior working on his life dreams, though I'm sure he will kick the can before he's done, but that's ok, it's a learning curve. Then I have one infant, and two families of 4 with life dreams. I'm going to take it slow and focus on them before I feel more comfortable playing this new version of the game with the rest of my sims, who are currently all sitting around idle...so they hopefully don't age!!

I must say, for the first time in about a month I couldn't wait for the kids to go to bed so I could play. :lol: I must be warming up to it!!
Microdot
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Microdot »

I do - I think. I am in any case busy fulfilling all my sim's life dreams :)
Game #1: Lvl. 55 Desert Oasis Gamecenter
HFN=Starter House, GH=Museum Boulevard
Game #2: Lvl. 55 Desert Oasis Facebook & Google+
HFN=Starter House, GH=Firehouse Road
Contact information in my profile - Mention forum please