Is it worth it to build a grocery store?

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Delphine
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Re: Is it worth it to build a grocery store?

Post by Delphine »

J-is-for-Jane wrote:
HordePrime wrote:Yes. It's most noticeable on stuff that takes a long time to grow/bake.

Look at Garlic for example. Planting it normally costs §93 and gives you 1948 XP.
From the Supermarket, the cost is reduced to §85, but the XP is only 325.

So, each time you're saving §8, but losing a potential 1623 XP!
IMO, that is not a good deal (unless you're on level 53, but by that point a few extra simoleans are unlikely to make much difference).
The XP numbers listed in the supermarket tab aren't the XP numbers you get from planting/baking. Just like the listed supermarket cost is not the simoleon payout you receive, the listed XP number in the supermarket is not the total XP yield either.

Planting stuff I bought from the supermarket gave me the full XP listed in the tab that pops up at the garden plot. Trust, I was keeping tally and paying attention. I was gunning to level up because I coveted some neotokyo stuff big time :D So I planted a lot of garlic (and spinach).

What those XP numbers in the supermarket are I don't know. I read here once that you actually received XP (in the amount listed) for shopping at the supermarket. But I never saw an increase in my XP level. Then, I thought eep! what if they subtract an XP cost. But I bought a lot of stuff in massive bulk at the supermarket, and never saw a decrease in XP level either. So who knows?

J is for Jane is absolutly right.
I havé always used the grocery store and i havé always receved the full amount of xp/simoleôns in gardening. The only reason i haven't received what was expected (évén with full inspired sims) is when i forgot to wait for each sim being on each plot before i left the house. Since i am using the "finger tip", i've never faced this problem anymore.

When you use the grocery store, not only you buy seeds and receipes cheaper, but you gain Xp and Tv. The XP listed on the store is the extra XP that you get only by the fact That you are using the store (it doesn't replace or affect in any way what you éarn later by gardening or baking).

I've always used the store and with the time it helped me quite a lot. I buy about 200 onions per week-end, 10.000 corn, lots of zucchinis and potatoes and it is signifiant for me !

For example, if you plan to use the baby glitch for 50 more sims, you must consider That you can get 50.000 XP in one minute only by buying the 50 receipes at the store. It is also very interesting for the people who garden à lot of hamburgers plants.
FB : Catalina Delphine (look for the squirrel ;) )
GC : DelphOrka
Updated, everything built but the volcano
(Please, don't look at my mistakes in English, my French iPad always puts capital letters and accents everywhere)
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

I did some tests with watermelon seeds from the grocery store compared to seeds bought straight from the gardening plot menu.
Seeds from the Grocery Store vs. from the gardening plot menu
Seeds from the Grocery Store vs. from the gardening plot menu

I did two tests for seeds bought from the Grocery Store ( 1 where I waited for my sim to start planting and 1 where left the housing lot before my sim started planting ). And I did two tests for seeds bought from the gardening plot ( same as for the seeds bought from the GS).

Testing....1,2,3....
Testing....1,2,3....
While I cannot confirm that the XP shown in the GS is XP gained simply by using the GS I feel confident in saying that there is NO difference in XP or § from the actual planting. The difference in XP and § is a glitch that occurs when you leave the house lot before your sims starts planting.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
mockingbird288z

A quick search through all the threads show that this has been an issue for awhile. It is another example of the wonderful ( :roll: ) FireMonkeys ignoring a confirmed, repeatable glitch that is disadvantageous to us players. Gotta love those guys. So funny. :|
J-is-for-Jane
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by J-is-for-Jane »

Thank you for the explanation, Delphine! and thank you for your testing and the most excellent visual aid, mockingbird288z!
mockingbird288z wrote:A quick search through all the threads show that this has been an issue for awhile. It is another example of the wonderful ( :roll: ) FireMonkeys ignoring a confirmed, repeatable glitch that is disadvantageous to us players. Gotta love those guys. So funny. :|
:lol: The true moral of the thread.
mommacude
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by mommacude »

Delphine wrote: Since i am using the "finger tip", i've never faced this problem anymore.
What is the finger tip?
GC: mommacude
Checking things out after a long time away.
mommacude
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by mommacude »

Oh do you mean the four finger tip?
GC: mommacude
Checking things out after a long time away.
Delphine
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by Delphine »

It is the tip that allows us to begin faster the actions : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1197&hilit=Finger
FB : Catalina Delphine (look for the squirrel ;) )
GC : DelphOrka
Updated, everything built but the volcano
(Please, don't look at my mistakes in English, my French iPad always puts capital letters and accents everywhere)
rubysims
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by rubysims »

Violet wrote:
Marmalade wrote:
HordePrime wrote:It should also be noted that stuff from the Supermarket doesn't give you as much XP as stuff planted or baked normally. - This can be quite important if you are trying to go through levels quicker, and if you use it a lot, the difference can become quite significant.
Really? I didn't realize that. :shock:
Wow, I didn't either! Whaaat
Neither did I !! :D
mockingbird288z

rubysims wrote:
HordePrime wrote:It should also be noted that stuff from the Supermarket doesn't give you as much XP as stuff planted or baked normally. - This can be quite important if you are trying to go through levels quicker, and if you use it a lot, the difference can become quite significant.
If you see my post just above this post you will see that that is not true. The discrepancy occurs not where and when you buy the seeds but leaving a house lot before a sim starts planting.
rubysims
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by rubysims »

mockingbird288z wrote:
rubysims wrote:
If you see my post just above this post you will see that that is not true. The discrepancy occurs not where and when you buy the seeds but leaving a house lot before a sim starts planting.
Sorry I didn't see. :oops: