change in Aging & Life FAQ?

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Amathyse
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

change in Aging & Life FAQ?

Post by Amathyse »

I went to the firemonkey site to see how long it takes the sims to go through each life phase and I found this:
"Q: How long does it take a Sim to age?
A: Currently, it takes approximately 41 action-days (as in total days of action time) for the full Life Cycle from start to end. However this may be adjusted in future according to feedback from our players."
I don't remember that last sentence - is it new? Do you think they're listening?

My senior sims are living in the spooky house and are doing nothing. If they don't do tasks, they won't age and so won't die. Eventually I'll have a town of seniors doing nothing, and I'll stop playing. (I think this is a stupid update that is poorly implemented and I hope they change it.)
Violet
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: change in Aging & Life FAQ?

Post by Violet »

Hmm... I don't remember reading that originally. Interesting.
Add me on GC: ~{ver0nica}~
HFN: Starter house plot
HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by HordePrime »

The thing is, will they increase or decrease it?

They can't win either way because the update has divided people. Some want to age their sims as quickly as possible to get the orbs (so they want a short life expectancy), but some don't want their sims to age at all (so they want a very long life expectancy).

I don't think there's any way FM can possibly salvage things at this point without further alienating the player base.
Amathyse
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Amathyse »

I think there is, but I don't think they're smart enough to do it. If they gave us control over our sims life spans, then both sides would be happy. this update shows that they don't understand how important it is for us to have control over our sims lives.
Sewandso
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Sewandso »

It would be a nice compromise if only Life Dreams tasks would cause sims to age; that would give players a choice. If that we're the case, I would be fine with a shorter lifespan and and faster progress for earning orbs, just because it takes way too long to get them.