Clubhouse Hobby

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: Clubhouse Hobby

Post by HordePrime »

ErinPW wrote:I don't like this new system for the hobbies :(
I much prefer this system because there's no need to level up, which takes ages and gets very boring after a while.
It takes weeks to get all the medals for the horse hobbies or that hammer thing at the carnival for example, but for things like the Toddler House, you can complete the grid in just over a day!
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

HordePrime wrote:
ErinPW wrote:I don't like this new system for the hobbies :(
I much prefer this system because there's no need to level up, which takes ages and gets very boring after a while.
It takes weeks to get all the medals for the horse hobbies or that hammer thing at the carnival for example, but for things like the Toddler House, you can complete the grid in just over a day!
This toddler hobby seems to be special. There haven't been too many repeated toys.
Showjumping, vaulting and snorkeling are most terrible for the grid, the High Striker is most terrible for levelling up. My sim works towards level 5 and gets 1 % for each task, no matter which task I choose :(

For the other hobbies it takes less time than before LD&L (or Saddle up?) to reach the highest level. You can choose every time that matches your own schedule. After reaching level 6 or 8, you can get every item with every task. No matter where the item is placed in the grid.

With the new system you have to play every possible time to fill the grid. If the last item requires a 10 minutes task, you can't choose, you are forced to take it. That's the point I don't like.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

I am a casual player, so I would like to be able to set the hobby for a longer time and check back later. I really dislike the hourly ones, because no way can I make it back to the game in such a short amount of time. I check in three or four times a day. And with the toddlers, when I don't get back in time I have to suffer through that three minute feeding.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
bloodcool
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by bloodcool »

Does anyone feel that the clubhouse hobby is becoming like surfing and snorkeling, whereby kept getting repeated items and resetting does not help at all?
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

bloodcool wrote:Does anyone feel that the clubhouse hobby is becoming like surfing and snorkeling, whereby kept getting repeated items and resetting does not help at all?
Yes. :( For these hobbies, to get a different one each time, you have to save and reset in the beginning. Start the hobby, save to the cloud, use LPs to speed it up, reset, and then either 'rinse and repeat' or wait the time out depending on wether or not you got a different item.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
kls1st
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by kls1st »

Yes. :( For these hobbies, to get a different one each time, you have to save and reset in the beginning. Start the hobby, save to the cloud, use LPs to speed it up, reset, and then either 'rinse and repeat' or wait the time out depending on wether or not you got a different item.
My toddler is nearly level six after two days of Clubhouse-ing. I got the three bears many many times. I saved to the cloud and reset the game. I used an LP. I've re-reset the game. I waited the fifty minutes many times. Re-re-reset. Used an LP again. Re-re-re-reset. All I get is bears! I must misunderstand your instructions. Would you mind to rephrase?
Dellie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Dellie »

kls1st wrote:My toddler is nearly level six after two days of Clubhouse-ing. I got the three bears many many times. I saved to the cloud and reset the game. I used an LP. I've re-reset the game. I waited the fifty minutes many times. Re-re-reset. Used an LP again. Re-re-re-reset. All I get is bears! I must misunderstand your instructions. Would you mind to rephrase?
I'm not sure at which point you are resetting. You have to have earned the 3 bears before the Cat option is available along with the bears. Once you have earned the 3 cats, you then get then get access to earn the monsters as well as the cats and bears. Then finally, once you have earned the monsters, you get access to all four time options of bears, cats, monsters and supers.
GC delli_from_welli (MUST mention SFP Forum)
HFN 2 East Oceanside (includes some haunted items)
HH 1 Museum Boulevard
Castle 3 West Oceanside
Spaceship 3 Bliss Drive
Entertainment Complex 4 Bliss Drive
DAYCARE UPDATE
kls1st
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by kls1st »

I'm not sure at which point you are resetting. You have to have earned the 3 bears before the Cat option is available along with the bears. Once you have earned the 3 cats, you then get then get access to earn the monsters as well as the cats and bears. Then finally, once you have earned the monsters, you get access to all four time options of bears, cats, monsters and supers.
I understand. I have the three bears. I only get bears. Mockingbird suggested a way to make it get something besides bears. I think I am misunderstanding her instructions. Thank you though. :)
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

kls1st wrote:
My toddler is nearly level six after two days of Clubhouse-ing. I got the three bears many many times. I saved to the cloud and reset the game. I used an LP. I've re-reset the game. I waited the fifty minutes many times. Re-re-reset. Used an LP again. Re-re-re-reset. All I get is bears! I must misunderstand your instructions. Would you mind to rephrase?
So sorry for the confusion. I should have been more clear. These are the steps to get a different item each time within the different time options. Meaning if you already have "Grinn N. Bearit" and "Stronglike Bear" and need "Simulator Bear" then you would:
  • 1. Start the "2 Little Bears" option
    2. Save to the cloud
    3. Use LP to finish the action immediately
    4. Reset your game

If in step 3 you got "Grinn N. Bearit" or "Stronglike Bear" you would repeat steps 1-4. But if you got "Simulator Bear" then you would just wait out the 50 minutes.

To get different cats you need to start with the "Cat Holiday" option; to get different monsters you need to start with the "Monsters Mansion" option; to get different supersims you need to start with the "Supersims Hideout" option. There isn't a way to get a cat, monster, or supersim by using the bear option.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
kls1st
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by kls1st »

Thank you so much for that! But, holy shmokes! My head just exploded! How do you know such a thing and why is there even such a thing!?! I'm going to file this for the future. This toddler turned into a preteen rather than make more bears or make me figure that out. On with another life dream...
mockingbird288z wrote:So sorry for the confusion. I should have been more clear. These are the steps to get a different item each time within the different time options. Meaning if you already have "Grinn N. Bearit" and "Stronglike Bear" and need "Simulator Bear" then you would:
  • 1. Start the "2 Little Bears" option
    2. Save to the cloud
    3. Use LP to finish the action immediately
    4. Reset your game

If in step 3 you got "Grinn N. Bearit" or "Stronglike Bear" you would repeat steps 1-4. But if you got "Simulator Bear" then you would just wait out the 50 minutes.

To get different cats you need to start with the "Cat Holiday" option; to get different monsters you need to start with the "Monsters Mansion" option; to get different supersims you need to start with the "Supersims Hideout" option. There isn't a way to get a cat, monster, or supersim by using the bear option.