Removed Items, Limited Time Items, and Event Prizes

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
LittleBean
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: Removed Items, Limited Time Items, and Event Prizes

Post by LittleBean »

mockingbird288z wrote: 20 Mar 2019, 05:33 I was putting together some images for the Architect Homes item thread and was doing the Wedding Belles one - I couldn't find the Industrial Fridge in my home store nor any in my inventory. So I built the wedding lot to grab one to take a pic and it wasn't there. Despite the fact that it was an item that was unlocked in the home store when purchasing the last prize and was initially in the kitchen when building the home it's been completely removed from the game.

Now, that probably has to do with the fact that it was actually the exact same item as the Activated Fridge that came from the Fitness Bundle only cheaper. They probably figured people wouldn't buy the bundle if they could get one of the items cheaper for "free". :roll:

So the Industrial Fridge is now a "Removed" item instead of a limited time item.
Wow, that is shameless. I’m starting to understand why people dislike EA so much.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

3luv4eva3 wrote: 20 Mar 2019, 06:16
LittleBean wrote: 20 Mar 2019, 04:42 Has anyone submitted the crate for this list yet? We can put stuff on top of it like a coffee table now which is cool. I don’t remember being able to do that in the beginning when this item first showed up (before disappearing again). It feels like this was added by accident maybe?
I've never seen that crate before. I presume that item was before my SFP time. Mockingbird?
In May 2017 it showed up in a sale for 5LP. We figured it wasn't meant to be on sale. It didn't show in our inventories anywhere except for the Featured Tab. Once the sale was over and the featured tab was gone we couldn't place it in our inventories anymore. Since people had spend in-game currency on the crate and now it disappears there was a whole thing and you couldn't go on any post from FreePlay on any of their platforms without hearing about people wanting their crates back. Eventually EA did make it so that anyone who had gotten it during the sale could place them in inventory without losing them but the crate's never been offered again and I'm not even sure it's shown up in an Architect house.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
LittleBean
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by LittleBean »

mockingbird288z wrote: 20 Mar 2019, 06:29
LittleBean wrote: 20 Mar 2019, 04:42 Has anyone submitted the crate for this list yet? We can put stuff on top of it like a coffee table now which is cool. I don’t remember being able to do that in the beginning when this item first showed up (before disappearing again). It feels like this was added by accident maybe?
I've never seen that crate before. I presume that item was before my SFP time. Mockingbird?
In May 2017 it showed up in a sale for 5LP. We figured it wasn't meant to be on sale. It didn't show in our inventories anywhere except for the Featured Tab. Once the sale was over and the featured tab was gone we couldn't place it in our inventories anymore. Since people had spend in-game currency on the crate and now it disappears there was a whole thing and you couldn't go on any post from FreePlay on any of their platforms without hearing about people wanting their crates back. Eventually EA did make it so that anyone who had gotten it during the sale could place them in inventory without losing them but the crate's never been offered again and I'm not even sure it's shown up in an Architect house.
You’re like a Sims historian! It’s awesome 😎
3luv4eva3
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by 3luv4eva3 »

Bless your soul Mockingbird. You're an absolute angel!

I think I may have missed it when I first started playing. It's a nice crate really. Not sure if it'd suit some of my builds, but I'd love to have have it in my inventory.
SFP: Level 55
VIP: Level 12
Version 5.76.0 - Live, Laugh, Loft

'low key' gamer, writer and binge watcher
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

mockingbird288z wrote: 20 Mar 2019, 05:33 I was putting together some images for the Architect Homes item thread and was doing the Wedding Belles one - I couldn't find the Industrial Fridge in my home store nor any in my inventory. So I built the wedding lot to grab one to take a pic and it wasn't there. Despite the fact that it was an item that was unlocked in the home store when purchasing the last prize and was initially in the kitchen when building the home it's been completely removed from the game.

Now, that probably has to do with the fact that it was actually the exact same item as the Activated Fridge that came from the Fitness Bundle only cheaper. They probably figured people wouldn't buy the bundle if they could get one of the items cheaper for "free". :roll:

So the Industrial Fridge is now a "Removed" item instead of a limited time item.
There is a fridge there in my wedding venue. I can't tell if it is the industrial fridge or the activated fridge, but it looks one of those. Is there not a fridge at all in your new build?

Ruth
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

telemwill wrote: 20 Mar 2019, 12:06

There is a fridge there in my wedding venue. I can't tell if it is the industrial fridge or the activated fridge, but it looks one of those. Is there not a fridge at all in your new build?

Ruth
When I opened my game this morning there was a mini-update and later I found the fix-update in app store. Thinking the missing fridge may have turned back, I had a look at the home store. There I found the fridge. Then I had a look at the preview for the template and there is not any fridge.

Edit to add: I did not purchase the bundle from online store.
Attachments
5EE721E8-C4D5-4DF2-9A16-219E3ECE7910.jpeg
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

Wow, that is insane that they would remove it from the build! I hope they get some complaints about that.

Ruth
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
mockingbird288z

ErinPW wrote: 20 Mar 2019, 13:48

Ruth
When I opened my game this morning there was a mini-update and later I found the fix-update in app store. Thinking the missing fridge may have turned back, I had a look at the home store. There I found the fridge. Then I had a look at the preview for the template and there is not any fridge.

Edit to add: I did not purchase the bundle from online store.
So they removed the Industrial Fridge but gave everyone the more expensive Activated Fridge? I did buy the fitness bundle so I've had the Activated Fridge before the Industrial Fridge and can't tell if it's been recently given to everyone.
mockingbird288z

Ruth
If you had built the Wedding venue before they removed the fridge from it you would still have it. You can tap on it to see it's name. The only difference between the two is the name and the price. If you tap on it and it does say Industrial Fridge if you place it in your inventory it will disappear.
mockingbird288z

3luv4eva3 wrote: 20 Mar 2019, 06:53
Bless your soul Mockingbird. You're an absolute angel!

I think I may have missed it when I first started playing. It's a nice crate really. Not sure if it'd suit some of my builds, but I'd love to have have it in my inventory.
I think FM don't understand what the players mean when we say we want variety. The crate is perfect for that new home look or remodeling or as just another item stored in the attic/basement.