Question about automatic aging and green cupcakes

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
lumiina
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Question about automatic aging and green cupcakes

Post by lumiina »

I won't get aging in my game for a while, since I just started recently, but I have a question about it for future reference.

Does using the green cupcake count towards activities that age a sim?
kls1st
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: Question about automatic aging and green cupcakes

Post by kls1st »

I don't see how that would be. It's 5 lps just to inspire them in an emergency though how bad it could get I don't know. I never use cupcakes/lps to inspire sims. Seems wasteful to me.
lumiina
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by lumiina »

Wow! 5 lps! Thanks for the input.

Hmm... okay, was just curious! I am still considering whether I want to go through with the quest to have automatic aging or not so was just wondering my options when I wanted to put a sim aside to save onto. I think I'll just save up the LP to reverse their ages if I'm not ready to let them go instead.
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Debbilu_7 »

I've always figured that, if you were going to spend the 5 lps, you'd be better off to spend 3 more and get a singing fish that can be used over and over (after recharging!)
Updated town info in profile
kls1st
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by kls1st »

Same here. At some point it went from 3 to 30 minutes to recharge though. Figures :roll: :?
lumiina
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by lumiina »

This is just about aging though, not about recharging. As using the singing fish would still count towards their aging.

So it's better to just reverse my sim's age with LP than to put them aside and use cupcakes to recharge them when their needs are low.
kls1st
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by kls1st »

That's true. Sorry, got a little sidetracked. But it still is only 30 seconds to go from fully pooped to fully inspired with the fish. Aging would be minuscule for that.
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

I found I could use the fish no problem and have them set at the ten minute hobby which I would restart two or three times a day. I may have reset then once before earning a platinum orb. Even if you reset once or twice, you will earn back the lps by doing the hobbies.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

lumiina wrote:This is just about aging though, not about recharging. As using the singing fish would still count towards their aging.

So it's better to just reverse my sim's age with LP than to put them aside and use cupcakes to recharge them when their needs are low.
Listen to the singing salmon for half a minute every day won't hurt your sims much.
If you have them busy around the clock,
adult sims live 24 days = 576 days = 34,560 minutes.
For the other age groups look here

Sims are fully inspired after using the reverse option, so they won't need cupcakes then :)
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
lumiina
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by lumiina »

Thanks everyone! I guess I don't have too much to worry about. I'll make sure to get that singing fish when the quest comes!