(Google Play Games) Neighbour requests

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: (Google Play Games) Neighbour requests

Post by Debbilu_7 »

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (60.79 KiB) Viewed 9211 times
Updated town info in profile
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Debbilu_7 wrote:image.jpeg
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have neighbors!! :D :D
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Debbilu_7 »

Yay!! :D :D :D
Updated town info in profile
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

mockingbird288z wrote: I have neighbors!! :D :D
Yay! Seems like Google is making things a little more complicated. Meh. I'm glad you found out where it's hiding.
Andrewnm
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Andrewnm »

mockingbird288z wrote:
mockingbird288z wrote:
Debbilu_7 wrote:Did you add people through Google+ or Google Play Games? I added people through Google+...they all show up in the party boat but in Play Games, it says no one I know plays this game yet.
I don't claim to know anything really lol....I found the multiple google apps confusing and frustrating--they seem to share some things but not others but, somehow it's working now.
I followed Perturbee on Google+. I first created the Google+ account, then the Google Play Games account, and then I logged into Google Play through SFP. I was able to save my game to the cloud and I've since downloaded from the cloud using that account. Once I got all that set up I followed Perturbee. I wanted to have a designated SFP circle anyway so I created one and added Perturbee to it. Perturbee showed up in the Google Play app as a player I was following. But did not show up as a neighbor. I did all the good stuff (exited the game, rebooting device) and nothing. So I looked at the opening post and followed the links. The second link (the permissions one) started off fine. It showed SFP as an app connected to my account but when I clicked on it there wasn't an "Edit link" where I could select which circles I wanted SFP to have access to. I removed SFP's access a couple of times but I still couldn't get the "Edit link".

Last night and for most of today Perturbee showed up in the Google Play app as someone I was following. This evening she wasn't there. So I first just straight out deleted my Google Play account. Then I stopped following Perturbee, and deleted the SFP circle I created. I remade my Google Play account, logged into FreePlay with it, and started following Perturbee again on Google+. She is back in the Google Play app as someone I'm following but is not showing up as a neighbor. I rebooted my device again and still she isn't showing as a neighbor. And in the permissions for apps it still does not have a place where I can choose which circles SFP has access to.

Tomorrow I'm thinking of starting completely over, deleting my Google+ account, the Google Play Games account...cause I really have no idea what to do.
I finally got to a place where I could choose which circles Sims FreePlay has access to. I haven't checked the game, yet because I just did it but I'm hoping! I had to switch to the classic G+ settings then go to "Manage apps and +1's on posts". SFP is listed (shows as Disconnected, though so that might still be a problem) and I could click on an edit button on the right hand side, clicked "advanced connection settings" and got the pop up "People the Sims Freeplay can see". I've selected the circles I want and crossing my fingers.

I am having the same problem as you, when i go in to classic g+ settings and then to manage apps and +1 on post, i still get the details showing SFP has access to google+ but i cannot edit a list. It just says it knows my age range and language. Are you sure thats the only thing you did?
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Andrewnm wrote:
mockingbird288z wrote: I finally got to a place where I could choose which circles Sims FreePlay has access to. I haven't checked the game, yet because I just did it but I'm hoping! I had to switch to the classic G+ settings then go to "Manage apps and +1's on posts". SFP is listed (shows as Disconnected, though so that might still be a problem) and I could click on an edit button on the right hand side, clicked "advanced connection settings" and got the pop up "People the Sims Freeplay can see". I've selected the circles I want and crossing my fingers.

I am having the same problem as you, when i go in to classic g+ settings and then to manage apps and +1 on post, i still get the details showing SFP has access to google+ but i cannot edit a list. It just says it knows my age range and language. Are you sure thats the only thing you did?
Yes, that is the only thing I did.

However, when following the exact steps tonight the "Manage apps and +1's on posts" link from the classic G+ settings doesn't lead to the classic settings anymore (where I was finally able to edit the circles) but leads to the current, updated "Apps connected to your account" page that Perturbee has linked to in the opening post (doesn't have a place for me to edit). The screen I got to tonight looks completely different from the one I was linked to in September. I even went through my web history and clicked on the link from September and I was brought to the updated "apps connected to your account" page and not the classic G+ page. :(
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

I'm still able to manage it through the web on both.
I prefer to use https://myaccount.google.com/ (Which is NOT in G+ settings!!)
Then under Security, follow "Connected apps & sites", then "Manage Apps", click The Sims Freeplay and G+ list settings shows for me. (Just like in the opening post.)
The strange thing is that going down the G+ route > Classic Settings, leads me currently to exactly the same page ( https://security.google.com/settings/se ... ermissions ), but unlike the first, it shows my page a busy loading with something (Showing a "Read apis.google.com" in the bottom of my PC browser). I do see the link to "Edit List" on both.

So it's obvious something is weird with how you arrive at Google's security settings page. There also used to be a difference in settings and available features in Google's products if you weren't using English (US). They used to roll out novelties on US versions first, then later onto "translated" platforms (UK English was considered a "translated" platform too). I'm not sure if this might be why not everybody gets the same options. Switching between languages didn't make any difference for me.

I get the same results on my PC browser as well as my tablet, so it's not a difference in platform/OS.
Andrewnm
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Andrewnm »

Yep this is what it shows when i navigate there. No idea how to fix it
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

It took me a while to test this with another account on another device.

It turns out, it's a permission problem which doesn't set access to Circles when allowing SFP to access G+. It looks like it's a problem with Google Play Games, I tested it with the first SFP version this was introduced in (Halloween last year) and it didn't ask me for access to my circles.

There isn't any fix as far as I can tell, hopefully it does get fixed in the future. You can try and submit a ticket with Firemonkeys (here) to push for a fix from their end to Google (or post on EA Answers).
AstralMoon
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by AstralMoon »

I'm having the same problem with Andrewnm.. Can't seem to get it to work at all.. Guess it really as Perturbee said and advise..