Should I bother playing again?

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Bubbles
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Should I bother playing again?

Post by Bubbles »

I pretty much quit playing when the death update came out. I enjoyed sims, & am thinking about going back to it, but reading the board it just seems hard, complicated & possibly expensive. I don't want to spend real money & I don't want to be perpetually frustrated either. Is the game still fun? Should I bother updating? Or just go back to candy crush?
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: Should I bother playing again?

Post by telemwill »

Some who have come back are having fun. Just give it a try and see. If you don't want to spend real money, you don't have to. Check out ideas on this forum for other ways to earn lps and have fun. Try not to let FM pressure you. Taking a break as you have, you already know you don't have to do every quest. Just play on your own terms.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
MamaBear0903
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by MamaBear0903 »

^Exactly this. I've found I enjoy the game more when I stopped worrying about the limited time prizes I was or was not going to get, and just started having fun with it. You can earn plenty of lp by completing hobbies repeatedly, if you do have an instance of needing/wanting to use them. And if your sims die...well, you can always make new ones! :-)
Can you show me how I'm guilty?--Zao
blackbrit
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by blackbrit »

Bubbles, I think if you use this forum you can have fun. Without it, I don't think it would be possible for me, at least. I have friends I play with in Hay Day who also play SFP, and they also help me--they spur me on, and make sure I don't miss anything they know I might really care about over here. This way I can kind of ignore SFP until there is something I really want to accomplish. When that happens, I rely heavily on the forum to make it fun.

I agree with everyone else's good comments. I am chiming in because I stopped with the death update, rather like you. I've only slowly returned to play, and rather sporadicly at that. Best of luck to you. If you do decide to play, I hope we will see you here. :)
L 55, Easter Update
HFN, #2 Firehouse RD.
Haunted House #20 West Side. Pre-built HH @ #1 Firehouse RD.
"C" for 74 cats, "R" for 80 reindeer; See map view
GC: blackbrit.1
For GC: Mention Hay Day or SFP
markmi
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by markmi »

If you haven't finished the Life Dreams quest, then do as I did and just ignore it and keep playing. All the really good content from 2015 came from discovery quests, so you can continue to discover new content and enjoy the game without letting your sims age.

EA seems to have learned from their mistake.
FB: mark.sim.37853
GC: [Mark_Sim]

Quest house is in the lower left corner!
Sunlight
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Sunlight »

Start again...definitely. I started playing this game in the last days of december 2013, had lots of fun and when the death appeared it stopped me too. I kept my sims idle, worked only on building houses, refuses to kill my little people. Still i was in game every day, still i was addicted to the game, hoping they stop this weird idea of killing, searching the internet, hoping to see good news somewhere. 8 months later i took a deep breath and worked on fullfilling the life dreams. I am done with the orbs, i have my game back and i enjoy every day, so much that i started a second game, a completely new one some months ago. We all complain about this and that but we all keep playing, after all this game must have a kind of " it-factor".
So i think asking people here on the forum gives you mainly the answer - yes play!
TV: 300 000 +
LVL.55
scarletbegonias
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by scarletbegonias »

i just started playing again for the first time since the castle update. im really disappointed that i missed a lot of cool stuff and missed the Christmas and holiday quests by days :( the gingerbread house and ice castle look soo good. I think i read on the forum teleporters came back too? i find it frustrating that you essentially miss a lot of stuff when you miss special events. I just haven't had time or energy to play and I work 60 hrs a week so i can't always muster up the energy to do/worry about quests. At the very least id like the ability to purchase some of these special items through the in game store. Having missed some good stuff since my hiatus and then having my quest glitch and not give me the second set of hairstyles im frustrated and dont know if i wanna bother playing. new goodies are my favorite thing to accomplish in this game so having to always be on it to complete a quest when i dont have time to worry is frustrating.
FB: https://www.facebook.com/milo.sims.3
HFN: 4 West Oceanside
haunted house: 1 Divers Way
message me so I know where you found me! :)
SimMutt
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SimMutt »

I also didn't do the Legacies update. It's been a year now since updates have depended on orbs so I'm really hoping the developers have completely abandoned it. My dream is that a way is found to rejoin the death-free and post-legacies sim players' experiences that everyone can accept.

I guess they'll have to be inventive to do that!!

But yes, I'm loving my sims again. Loved the campgrounds particularly.

If time is an issue, you could try what I have found works really well. Try sharing your sim town with a friend or a relative -- someone you trust and know, and someone who knows and trusts you too. It's a good way to make sure you meet targets. It's a good way to keep your 'stories' alive and to share them. It can be cheaper if you both agree to chip in to get something. All you need is a few rules about regular updating and downloading, and some boundaries and stuff. For me, it makes the game more real
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by playsims »

Initially I hold on from continuing to the Legacies quest. After that, I decided to go forward & do it. Just to say I dont regret doing it. Change can be good. I am please to see how my sims grow from babies to adulthood. Having seniors is also fun. I am not too bothered anymore with the afterlife part as we can always recreate new sims.
I do enjoy the places that could be built. For some reasons, my favorite is the Beach, which I would have missed if I did not proceed to Life Quests.
SailorSadness
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by SailorSadness »

I am soon going to arrive to the life dreams quest and I really dont Know if to start this quest or not... How do you do with all the hobbies and stuff? Do you start them all over again when those sims you teached the hobby to die?
I have 5 sims with the cooking hobby and they re all Level six, useless to say they give me at least 5lp every day... If they'll get old and die i'll have to start all over again with other 5 sims and we all know how long it takes to make a sim Reach the maximum Level of an hobby...
What should i do? I am a bit confused....