Architect Homes - French Romance Update

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Gwen6275
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Architect Homes - French Romance Update

Post by Gwen6275 »

That house is beautiful! I wish I could buy it but I don't have enough simoleons. How do people have so many? It took me forever to save 7 million.
marktheperson
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by marktheperson »

SKatF wrote: 13 Feb 2017, 21:13 Thank you for posting pictures of how your house was designed. I always wish I could see them "pre-Fire Monkey tinkering" as I'm curious about intent of some rooms. So your post is kind of a wish come true. Any more pictures?

It's a great design that folks with several empty lots will want to keep. And as you can tell, those with only 1 or 2 vacant lots are appreciating all the items you used, despite perhaps having to demo it.
Thank you!! (and also to everyone who said nice things about the house)

I think that (for the most part), the house is pretty accurate to what I was trying to do. And it's sort of a combination of a couple of ideas I had. Originally, this house was my 'hobby' house and so I had themed rooms for every hobby, etc. Once I unlocked the magic stuff, I loved the mirror and I made a 'princess' room locked in a tower. I liked it so much that eventually I decided to make a whole house around that theme, with cascading balconies. It didn't turn out the way I liked, but the exterior was really fancy so I decided to put my character based off of Cher Horowitz from Clueless in that house and updated it to be a 'lawyer's daughter's house' haha. AND THEN, once the architect houses started picking up, I decided to shove more of my favorite rare items in it (hence the exercise/arcade rooms in the basement).

I was disappointed in was the removal of the singing fish (which I had on one of the walls), the removal of the slide that I had, and the charades game in the living room. I got those items from architect homes and wanted to spread them to other people, but I think they learned and removed them. Which probably means the piano is never coming back unfortunately (I missed that one by a few hours since I was building another house). :(
Attachments
they converted the makeout couch to a regular couch
they converted the makeout couch to a regular couch
it was supposed to be a lil pool house
it was supposed to be a lil pool house
they removed the child's slide!!
they removed the child's slide!!
this is the garden/pool. they took out the vines (i assume bc they're coming back and they're limited)
this is the garden/pool. they took out the vines (i assume bc they're coming back and they're limited)
r.i.p. singing fish
r.i.p. singing fish
i actually stole this idea from the very first set of architect houses!
i actually stole this idea from the very first set of architect houses!
romantic decorations were removed
romantic decorations were removed
marktheperson
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by marktheperson »

Gwen6275 wrote: 13 Feb 2017, 21:21 That house is beautiful! I wish I could buy it but I don't have enough simoleons. How do people have so many? It took me forever to save 7 million.
Well, in my case, I've been playing a while and my daily reward is like 1.2million a day. I believe I remember someone posting about how the rewards structure has changed since then and only certain players get that, but maybe that's gossip.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

marktheperson wrote: 14 Feb 2017, 00:59
Gwen6275 wrote: 13 Feb 2017, 21:21 That house is beautiful! I wish I could buy it but I don't have enough simoleons. How do people have so many? It took me forever to save 7 million.
Well, in my case, I've been playing a while and my daily reward is like 1.2million a day. I believe I remember someone posting about how the rewards structure has changed since then and only certain players get that, but maybe that's gossip.
No, it's true. In January 2013 they changed the algorithm for daily rewards. Prior to that it was .5% of your town value.

Daily rewards for games that started after January 2013 are a lot lower than games started earlier than that. They have tweaked the algorithm since then and daily rewards are a little higher now but still nowhere near pre-January 2013 amounts.

You can find more detailed info here.

My daily reward is currently §11,399,618.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
pinkribbon
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by pinkribbon »

marktheperson wrote: 14 Feb 2017, 00:54
SKatF wrote: 13 Feb 2017, 21:13 Thank you for posting pictures of how your house was designed. I always wish I could see them "pre-Fire Monkey tinkering" as I'm curious about intent of some rooms. So your post is kind of a wish come true. Any more pictures?

It's a great design that folks with several empty lots will want to keep. And as you can tell, those with only 1 or 2 vacant lots are appreciating all the items you used, despite perhaps having to demo it.

I think that (for the most part), the house is pretty accurate to what I was trying to do. And it's sort of a combination of a couple of ideas I had. Originally, this house was my 'hobby' house and so I had themed rooms for every hobby, etc. Once I unlocked the magic stuff, I loved the mirror and I made a 'princess' room locked in a tower. I liked it so much that eventually I decided to make a whole house around that theme, with cascading balconies. It didn't turn out the way I liked, but the exterior was really fancy so I decided to put my character based off of Cher Horowitz from Clueless in that house and updated it to be a 'lawyer's daughter's house' haha. AND THEN, once the architect houses started picking up, I decided to shove more of my favorite rare items in it (hence the exercise/arcade rooms in the basement).

I was disappointed in was the removal of the singing fish (which I had on one of the walls), the removal of the slide that I had, and the charades game in the living room. I got those items from architect homes and wanted to spread them to other people, but I think they learned and removed them. Which probably means the piano is never coming back unfortunately (I missed that one by a few hours since I was building another house). :(
I wonder why they deleted most of the kitchen stuff, too. I just finished building it (thanks!) but they only left like 2 of the counters and not the rest. If you're going to leave some why not leave them all? Interesting. I'm also not good at remembering where certain items come from (updates, events, etc).

Edited to add: I have the homestead counters to fill in what they missed but I am missing the ones with cabinets. Was that a separate thing?
mockingbird288z

pinkribbon wrote: 16 Feb 2017, 13:35

I wonder why they deleted most of the kitchen stuff, too. I just finished building it (thanks!) but they only left like 2 of the counters and not the rest. If you're going to leave some why not leave them all? Interesting. I'm also not good at remembering where certain items come from (updates, events, etc).

Edited to add: I have the homestead counters to fill in what they missed but I am missing the ones with cabinets. Was that a separate thing?
So far they've only ever let the Homestead Sink Light, Homestead Sink Dark, Homestead White, and Homestead Black counters through. Who knows why.

The counters with the cabinets were in the second to last pack unlocked in the Homestead event. If you completed the event you should have them.
Simsfanatic
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Simsfanatic »

I love your house btw. But if you don't mind me asking, how did you get the whole silver counter thats in the kitchen of the first floor. I never seen that before. Did I miss an event or something?? Lovely house tho.
mockingbird288z

Simsfanatic wrote: 17 Feb 2017, 08:48

I love your house btw. But if you don't mind me asking, how did you get the whole silver counter thats in the kitchen of the first floor. I never seen that before. Did I miss an event or something?? Lovely house tho.
That counter is actually from the Restaurant. It's been in architect homes before but it can't go into our inventories. It wasn't from an event or anything. FM runs a script to replace some items not allowed in architect homes. (Whenever the Charades game is in a home it gets replaced with the stack of magazines.) It looks like this counter from the restaurant replaces the Chocolatier Bench.

It is in place of the Chocolatier Bench
Simsfanatic
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Simsfanatic »

mockingbird288z wrote: 17 Feb 2017, 14:12
Simsfanatic wrote: 17 Feb 2017, 08:48

That counter is actually from the Restaurant. It's been in architect homes before but it can't go into our inventories. It wasn't from an event or anything. FM runs a script to replace some items not allowed in architect homes. (Whenever the Charades game is in a home it gets replaced with the stack of magazines.) It looks like this counter from the restaurant replaces the Chocolatier Bench.

It is in place of the Chocolatier Bench
Ooooohhhhhh okay that makes sense
garishplum
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by garishplum »

10 new architect homes:
image1.jpg
'
image2.jpg
image3.jpg