Pregnancy horror

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Mariel Bravef
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Pregnancy horror

Post by Mariel Bravef »

I'm so furious right now I want to scream. I went ALL the way through the pregnancy event, paid for everything, finished all the support and goal tasks... except last night, I set my pregnant sim doing the LAST goal task of the event. and then I had to go to bed. I was tired, and slept in. When I woke up, it was about 20 minutes past them time the event ended. The event was gone. Despite the fact my sim had been finished with the last goal for hours, I got nothing. No super sim, no reward pack. Is there anything I can do, guys? I have the feeling a support ticket won't get me much.
Mariel Bravef on Facebook, feel free to add me :)
Friend House: Starter lot. Social task and hobby items both. Let me know how I can improve it!
Haunted: Across from the maternity store
CatharinaSophia
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Pregnancy horror

Post by CatharinaSophia »

I think sending a support ticket may be your only option. Maybe you can tell them the truth you want them to know, like 'I never got the pack but I did finish the bonus pregnancy'? I mean, technically it's true, but you just weren't online to be there when it happened. And after spending so many simoleons/time, I feel it'd be completely justified ;)
Feel free to add me on Twitter, we'll have loads of fun!
@Catharina_Sims

Need to rant?
Mariel Bravef
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Mariel Bravef »

CatharinaSophia wrote: 04 Apr 2019, 19:23 I think sending a support ticket may be your only option. Maybe you can tell them the truth you want them to know, like 'I never got the pack but I did finish the bonus pregnancy'? I mean, technically it's true, but you just weren't online to be there when it happened. And after spending so many simoleons/time, I feel it'd be completely justified ;)
I'm not so concerned about the pack, it's the bonus baby I'm really mad about losing. But the pack is kind of insult to injury.
Friend House: Starter lot. Social task and hobby items both. Let me know how I can improve it!
Mariel Bravef
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Mariel Bravef »

Given the "compensation" I've heard they gave people whose pregnancy events were messed up by THEM due to a bug in the last update, I'll be lucky to get 0.5% of my "doctor" simoleons back from a ticket. If anything. Man, I wish there was a punching bag in my house. I could use it right now. ...I had plans for that kid...
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

When you put in a ticket you have to tell them exactly what you would like as compensation. You have to put it right where you post the problem you have. In the dropdown menu where it asks you how you would like them to fix it select other. I would definitely try a ticket. You've got nothing to lose. When I had a problem with a task not completing in this pregnancy event I filed a ticket and requested the 15 sp it would cost me to speed up the task to complete it. They gave me that and some LP's.

This is one reason why I'm picky about the time I start a pregnancy event. I always start afternoons or evenings.
Goldfinch 3
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Goldfinch 3 »

copperwood wrote: 05 Apr 2019, 01:48 This is one reason why I'm picky about the time I start a pregnancy event. I always start afternoons or evenings.
Me, too. I find the afternoon start best because I can compensate somehow if I have fallen behind. The morning of the last day might be too tight to finish on time and I have often fallen asleep while waiting for a task to complete in the evening. For example, I finished the Farmhouse Quest except for the last task. When I woke up from my ‘nap’ I had missed the deadline by minutes. So I missed the farmhouse template. I can only say I went to bed very angry. :twisted:
Last edited by ErinPW on 05 Apr 2019, 15:14, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Sorted quote
GC: Goldfinch 3
Level 55-Holiday Francais
HFN: 3 Star located at Starter House.
HH(s): 1 on Island as well as 2 on Mainland
Mariel Bravef
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Mariel Bravef »

Goldfinch 3 wrote: 05 Apr 2019, 14:34
copperwood wrote: 05 Apr 2019, 01:48 This is one reason why I'm picky about the time I start a pregnancy event. I always start afternoons or evenings.
Me, too. I find the afternoon start best because I can compensate somehow if I have fallen behind. The morning of the last day might be too tight to finish on time and I have often fallen asleep while waiting for a task to complete in the evening. For example, I finished the Farmhouse Quest except for the last task. When I woke up from my ‘nap’ I had missed the deadline by minutes. So I missed the farmhouse template. I can only say I went to bed very angry. :twisted:
Ouch! Yes!
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

Goldfinch 3 wrote: 05 Apr 2019, 14:34
I would have been mad too. They really should give the price as long as the tasks were completed within time. We can't always check on the game any time of the day.

It should be a requirement for the game designers to play the game on the side (without the loads of LP's, SP's and simoleons like you see in the early preview games they hand out to YouTubers).
Sigs_Minock
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Sigs_Minock »

Here's my Pregnancy Horror- the Doctor/Yoga Instructor visits are incrementally getting more expensive.
At rank 48, day 1 was 240,000$, day 2 was 270,000$, day 3 was 320,000$... There's no way i'm going to have enough money to pay for the next visits, let alone the one that is currently waiting at my front door. especially with a town full of Elders, Teens/PreTeens, and a few other pregnant women...

i made the foolish mistake of having undertaking pregnancy event soon after my latest round of Population Boom... I thought 600,000 was enough of a buffer... nope. Definitely going to let this town die out.
Amathyse
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Amathyse »

Sigs_Minock wrote: 06 Apr 2019, 02:14 I thought 600,000 was enough of a buffer... nope. Definitely going to let this town die out.
My Yoga and doctor visits were between 500,000 and 611,611 each time. It bankrupted my town and I barely have 100,000 left. It will take my sims over 2 months, if I keep them constantly working, hobbying, or planting every day, to get back over the 4,000,000 I'll need to add another baby. On the plus side, Grandma and Grandpa get to stick around and enjoy their grandbaby instead of going to another plane so they can be replaced. On the negative, this slaving for money is boring and not fun. I'm hoping that once these "special" events are past the cost will go down.