Cannot place furniture in ski chalet

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Loreleilee
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Cannot place furniture in ski chalet

Post by Loreleilee »

So I got the ski chalet, and I went to switch the couch with a different colored one and it wouldn’t let me place it. It also wouldn’t let me move and place any other objects in the living room. I removed the second floor landing and now it will let me place items in the 1st floor living room but now I’m not able to put the landing back while there’s furniture in the living room underneath it. How do I fix this?
P.s. I don’t have any renovation quests finished if that’s the cause
kls1st
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: Cannot place furniture in ski chalet

Post by kls1st »

I don’t know about the furniture placing but if there’s a sim in the room it didn’t used to let you put in the landing. Maybe that’s it? It’s been a while... Maybe the hanging lamps are still on the upstairs ceiling and are interfering?
Last edited by kls1st on 07 Jun 2019, 21:22, edited 2 times in total.
Loreleilee
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Loreleilee »

kls1st wrote: 07 Jun 2019, 21:19 I don’t know about the furniture placing but if there’s a sim in the room it didn’t used to let you put in the landing. Maybe that’s it?
There’s no sims there though, all of my sims are at work
kls1st
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by kls1st »

Loreleilee wrote: 07 Jun 2019, 21:21
kls1st wrote: 07 Jun 2019, 21:19 I don’t know about the furniture placing but if there’s a sim in the room it didn’t used to let you put in the landing. Maybe that’s it?
There’s no sims there though, all of my sims are at work
Maybe a pet?
Loreleilee
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Loreleilee »

kls1st wrote: 07 Jun 2019, 21:19 I don’t know about the furniture placing but if there’s a sim in the room it didn’t used to let you put in the landing. Maybe that’s it? It’s been a while... Maybe the hanging lamps are still on the upstairs ceiling and are interfering?
I also tried taking everything out of both floors, all windows, furniture, lights, fireplace, everything. If I do it’ll let me place the landing, but if I place the landing I can no longer place furniture back into the living room

There’s no pets
kls1st
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by kls1st »

Loreleilee wrote: 07 Jun 2019, 21:23
kls1st wrote: 07 Jun 2019, 21:19 I don’t know about the furniture placing but if there’s a sim in the room it didn’t used to let you put in the landing. Maybe that’s it? It’s been a while... Maybe the hanging lamps are still on the upstairs ceiling and are interfering?
I also tried taking everything out of both floors, all windows, furniture, lights, fireplace, everything. If I do it’ll let me place the landing, but if I place the landing I can no longer place furniture back into the living room

There’s no pets
Not a clue then. Sorry. Maybe somebody else will have an answer. Maybe it’s a bug. It’s been known to happen :roll:
Loreleilee
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Loreleilee »

kls1st wrote: 07 Jun 2019, 21:25
Loreleilee wrote: 07 Jun 2019, 21:23

There’s no pets
Not a clue then. Sorry. Maybe somebody else will have an answer. Maybe it’s a bug. It’s been known to happen :roll:
Thank you for trying anyway!
kls1st
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by kls1st »

Do you have mezzanines yet? Expensive but maybe a workable way to achieve the same result...
Loreleilee
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Loreleilee »

kls1st wrote: 07 Jun 2019, 21:27 Do you have mezzanines yet? Expensive but maybe a workable way to achieve the same result...
I don’t know what that is so I probably don’t have it yet
kls1st
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by kls1st »

Loreleilee wrote: 07 Jun 2019, 21:30
kls1st wrote: 07 Jun 2019, 21:27 Do you have mezzanines yet? Expensive but maybe a workable way to achieve the same result...
I don’t know what that is so I probably don’t have it yet
It’s from All Mezzed Up, I think it was called, event? quest? Can’t remember fersure.