Christmas comes early

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
penlopej
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Christmas comes early

Post by penlopej »

Just opened my game to find that I have all the Christmas wallpaper, decorations and furniture available as new items. Crazy 😜
ErinPW

Re: Christmas comes early

Post by ErinPW »

penlopej wrote: 17 Jun 2019, 09:10 Just opened my game to find that I have all the Christmas wallpaper, decorations and furniture available as new items. Crazy 😜
It's just a bit more than six months until Christmas. The Firemonkeys seem to know some players like to start decorating early :D
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
chamilet
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by chamilet »

Probably because the Christmas quest that I only missed because my game had a lag at the very end has started up again.
GC = chamilet (Glee characters) Please mention Sims
GC = LeslieGurun76 (Whovian characters) Please mention Sims
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

ErinPW wrote: 17 Jun 2019, 09:24
penlopej wrote: 17 Jun 2019, 09:10 Just opened my game to find that I have all the Christmas wallpaper, decorations and furniture available as new items. Crazy 😜
It's just a bit more than six months until Christmas. The Firemonkeys seem to know some players like to start decorating early :D
The 'Missing Claus' quest repeat has started.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

copperwood wrote: 17 Jun 2019, 15:49 […]
The 'Missing Claus' quest repeat has started.
Oh yes. The rerun of the quest had left my schedule already :oops:
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Goldfinch 3
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Goldfinch 3 »

Last Dec. I achieved all the prizes except the template house at the end.(Fell asleep) So, I thought I wouldn’t have more than the last day of tasks to finish this rerun. But, it wants me to complete the full 12 days run! I did today’s tasks and achieved the round mirror again. No mirror appeared in inventory though. What gives? I thought the game restarts at the point where a person finished last time? Any ideas because I really don’t want to totally redo the whole thing.
GC: Goldfinch 3
Level 55-Holiday Francais
HFN: 3 Star located at Starter House.
HH(s): 1 on Island as well as 2 on Mainland
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Goldfinch 3 wrote: 17 Jun 2019, 22:54 Last Dec. I achieved all the prizes except the template house at the end.(Fell asleep) So, I thought I wouldn’t have more than the last day of tasks to finish this rerun. But, it wants me to complete the full 12 days run! I did today’s tasks and achieved the round mirror again. No mirror appeared in inventory though. What gives? I thought the game restarts at the point where a person finished last time? Any ideas because I really don’t want to totally redo the whole thing.
Sadly, yes, you will have to redo all the days. The daily quests (for whatever stupid reason) are not like other events which do pick up where you left off.

I missed the final day in a Christmas quest two years ago when a relative was hospitalized and had to redo the whole thing when it repeated. I did it as I really wanted the final prize. It's up to you if Santa's farmhouse is worth it to you. I love it, so personally, I'd do it over.
Goldfinch 3
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Goldfinch 3 »

Thank you, SKatF. I needed someone’s experience in this. I was so disappointed last Dec. when I missed out on Santa’s farmhouse so I will go thru it all again as well as the SimChase event. Yikes, I’m going to be busy. :o
GC: Goldfinch 3
Level 55-Holiday Francais
HFN: 3 Star located at Starter House.
HH(s): 1 on Island as well as 2 on Mainland
chamilet
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by chamilet »

Goldfinch 3 wrote: 17 Jun 2019, 22:54 Last Dec. I achieved all the prizes except the template house at the end.(Fell asleep) So, I thought I wouldn’t have more than the last day of tasks to finish this rerun. But, it wants me to complete the full 12 days run! I did today’s tasks and achieved the round mirror again. No mirror appeared in inventory though. What gives? I thought the game restarts at the point where a person finished last time? Any ideas because I really don’t want to totally redo the whole thing.
If you notice, all the prizes are already checked off in the menu, so you probably have already used the mirror somewhere.
GC = chamilet (Glee characters) Please mention Sims
GC = LeslieGurun76 (Whovian characters) Please mention Sims