iOS - Facebook Neighbors disappeared

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
ErinPW

iOS - Facebook Neighbors disappeared

Post by ErinPW »

Last Thursday it happened that many iOS players have lost their Facebook neighbors.

I think it doesn’t have to do with the update. After updating the game on Wednesday my neighbors were there, on Thursday they were gone. On another device that was still on the Magical Morocco update they were gone on Thursday as well.

There is a solution that may at least bring a few neighbors back. Players need to change privacy settings for the SFP app, but not every player wants to do this, as the SFP app will be shown to all of their friends.
However, even some players who did change the settings, still don‘t show up on their neighbor‘s party boats.

It‘s up to you if you do the change!
  • Go to the settings, then tap „Apps and Websites“. Tap on SFP and change the visibility from „Only me“ to „Friends“. It may work to tap on „Custom“ and choose the names or „See all“ and choose a list, e.g. if you have one for SFP players.
  • If the above doesn‘t work you can try to change the visibility to „Public“
Note:
You do the steps for your town to show up on your neighbor‘s party boats, your neighbor does the steps to show up on your‘s.
If your neighbor/s have changed the settings, you possibly need to force close the game to see a change on your party boat: >close the game >doubletap the home button >swipe up the app

Edit March 12th 2022
The look of the settings have changed on my device so I took new screenshots. (It may look different on your device.)

For a while already we have to „Renew“ the connection SFP/FB more or less regularly to show up on our neighbor’s Party Boats. We can do this by logging out from FB in the game, force close and re-open the game, then log in again. We can also renew the connection in the settings on FB.

(Tap to enlarge)
F30FECE4-C2B4-4F82-B376-1C632BD116CB.jpeg
[+] Older screenshots
7916A608-758C-4BDA-B270-889AB3DD9959.jpeg
4122D38A-9568-436F-B5FA-88C93D236A61.jpeg
Last edited by ErinPW on 12 Mar 2022, 16:38, edited 2 times in total.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
alsie27
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: iOS - Facebook Neighbors disappeared

Post by alsie27 »

Thanks for this info! It seems like I’m doomed to having no friends since I am not sure I want to change my settings. 😀 It would be better to have a separate profile for this game but I thought I heard once that FB doesn’t like people having multiple profiles and could kick them out which I don’t want either.

I wish the Sims Freeplay would do something about this instead and make it easier to have friends on this game since they are so necessary!
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

alsie27 wrote: 05 Feb 2021, 17:09 Thanks for this info! It seems like I’m doomed to having no friends since I am not sure I want to change my settings. 😀 It would be better to have a separate profile for this game but I thought I heard once that FB doesn’t like people having multiple profiles and could kick them out which I don’t want either.

I wish the Sims Freeplay would do something about this instead and make it easier to have friends on this game since they are so necessary!
The info about multiple FB profiles is hidden in their terms and it‘s indeed possible they deactivate accounts if they get to know. You could try the „custom“ button and choose some names. Guess, this would work like the whole friends list.

I‘d like if we could add neighbors within the game like it‘s possible to add friends in Sims Mobile. Even if it were only 50 or less, it would be better than loosing GC and FB neighbors for whatever reasons.
iOS 17.4.1

Desiree
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Desiree »

I’ve tried everything and have no neighbors anymore. One of the best parts of the game is seeing others creations, as well as the social points tasks of course! At minimum the should make the standard neighbor town complete! Really, they could put up each new house they offer, and include all the items for tasks. Really pointless the way it is now
2 Divers Way HFN - haunted theme

3 Bliss Drive

please message me if items missing/ blocked

DesireeVSanchez on GC - please mention SFP forum.
---Whatever the current update is
GlendaTheMostGood on Google Play
---Holiday 2016 Update---stuck in time
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

In addition to disappearing neighbors many players couldn't log in with FB in SFP, because they weren't able to switch on tracking.

This issue has been fixed with iOS 14.5.1.
I had to force close SFP and got this popup:
Tracking
Tracking
I can now log in with FB in SFP again and the Party Boat shows the same neighbors as my phone. The iPad settings look like expected. Later I disabled tracking again in the settings and the FB login and neighbors remained. Possibly I need to enable it again, if I want to log out- and in again. I didn't try this, as I don't want to risk anything right now :oops: ^^
iOS 17.4.1

alsie27
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by alsie27 »

Ugh - it happened again! I had one remaining friend (Erin) but today after my Sim returned from her town the party boat says I have no friends. This has happened to me twice before and it has been impossible to get those friends back. How ridiculous! It’s impossible to play this game without earning SP. I submitted a ticket but not sure whether they can do anything… I have turned on tracking too but it doesn’t help.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

alsie27 wrote: 04 Aug 2021, 05:56 Ugh - it happened again! I had one remaining friend (Erin) but today after my Sim returned from her town the party boat says I have no friends. This has happened to me twice before and it has been impossible to get those friends back. How ridiculous! It’s impossible to play this game without earning SP. I submitted a ticket but not sure whether they can do anything… I have turned on tracking too but it doesn’t help.
Did you try to log out within the game and then log back in? Then force close the game and open again. This often helps to get neighbors back.
iOS 17.4.1

alsie27
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by alsie27 »

I tried that before but it worked now when I tried again. Phew! Thanks!
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

alsie27 wrote: 04 Aug 2021, 07:32 I tried that before but it worked now when I tried again. Phew! Thanks!
You‘re welcome! I‘m glad the issue was easy to solve :)
iOS 17.4.1

meadowweaver40
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: (Facebook) I need a neighbor!

Post by meadowweaver40 »

I stopped adding neighbors. It won’t work for my FreePlay account. I even checked people were on Facebook so no idea what happened.
Level 55 and town value of over 400 million.
Dog and cat house next to billboard. Neighbor house next to party boat.