Update 11.0.0 - June 13th

Post your information regarding updates here
ErinPW

Update 11.0.0 - June 13th

Post by ErinPW »

There's a new major update at the app store.

Source
Hey Simmers,

We have an exciting update with some fantastic new features to share for the Summer season. We’re continuing to listen to your comments and make improvements, so please keep the feedback coming. Below is a breakdown of the key changes in Version 11.0.0, now available for download!

Note: If you are not seeing the Update in the iOS App Store, please try going to your Updates tab and pull to refresh the page.

Surprising Choices
We’re introducing a new feature where you can make fun choices to earn valuable bonuses. Here’s how it works!
Starting at Level 10, you will occasionally receive “A Surprising Choice” moment
The situation will be outlined by the Sims, and you’ll then be presented with a variety of choices on how to react to the news
The tradeoffs of each choice will be displayed, and you may choose which one to pursue
Choices may result in tangible bonuses for your Sim or even timed discounts on home items

Speeding Up Events
We wanted to provide more fun ways for players to use Cupcakes throughout the game. Now at the start of Events, you may spend Cupcakes to speed up the Event right from the start. You will also receive a bonus reward for using Cupcakes at the start or during an event!

Pro tip: Combine this with your Surprising Choice bonuses to get the most out of your timed rewards!

Heirloom Revisions
Heirlooms have long been a fundamental part of The Sims Mobile, but were often relegated to just Sim retirement. We wanted to make Heirlooms more consistent as part of the experience, so below are all the key changes made to Heirlooms in this update:
Upon reaching Level 16 you can now earn Heirloom Tickets from completing Story Chapters throughout the game
You may also earn Heirloom Tickets and other rewards from the Free Family Chest in the new Heirloom Storefront. Be sure to check back every day to collect the Family Chest!
When retiring a Sim, you will now receive an Heirloom Retirement Chest which can be opened in the Heirloom Storefront.
Upon reaching Level 16, you can now interact with the new Heirloom Storefront. It will be the furthest right tab in Storefront.
At the Heirloom Storefront, you may spend your Heirloom Tickets on a variety of Heirloom Chests to receive a random Heirloom
Every day, a different Heirloom will also become Featured, and may be purchased directly for Heirloom Tickets or Simcash
The Heirloom Details screen has been updated to provide more context and clarity on the bonus the Heirloom is providing

Sim Trait Switching
Sims now have the ability to swap their Traits!
To do this, simply go to the Sim Info panel / Traits tab and tap on the arrow swap button to choose a new trait
Note, swapping traits will cost Heirloom Tickets, which can be gained in a variety of new ways described above

New Quests
We’ve continued to add more goals for you to complete as you progress further in the game. Check your Quest Screen for more details once you reach Player Level 30.

New Collections
Enjoy two new collections which can be found in Build / Buy!
Farmhouse Living Collection
Kitchen Essentials Collection

Key Bug Fixes
Fixed an issue where some players were not receiving their sticker contest rewards
Fixed an issue where Elder Sims were unable to move out from the family portrait
Fixed an issue where Hobby reward objects earned by retired Sims were displaying as locked in Build/Buy
Fixed an issue where not all Quests were showing up in the menu
Fixed an issue where the Cooking Hobby tutorial bubble wasn’t disappearing
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
mockingbird288z

Re: Update 11.0.0 - June 13th

Post by mockingbird288z »

Thanks! I saw the update earlier but I'm waiting to download it until I see reports from those who already did. I don't like not being able to download an update on one device, check it out, and then when I'm really ready download it on my main device. :(

Edit: Here's a good summation of the changes.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Simsaddict456
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Simsaddict456 »

Yay Izzy is fixed again, also fashion gems as a reward for parties is a very nice change :) I don't think you can even play the game if you are not on the latest update, at least I experienced a couple of times that I got a pop-up that a new update is available and I had to download it or I couldn't play anymore.
mockingbird288z

Simsaddict456 wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 09:40 I don't think you can even play the game if you are not on the latest update, at least I experienced a couple of times that I got a pop-up that a new update is available and I had to download it or I couldn't play anymore.
I’ve always held off updating (usually about 3 days) until I get a real feel for what the update’s going to change. There’s always been a pop up trying to get you to update but you just have to tap the x in the corner to ignore. I’ve been able to ignore that pop up 5 times already, like usual.
nikigunn
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by nikigunn »

I'm already sick of selecting no cupcake after every time I select an activity for a sim. It makes me want to select longer times so I don't have to tap so much. Lots of thumbnail images aren't appearing, from things like my sims to Izzy's clothes to a sim's contacts.

You get less heirloom tickets per event but it's not like I could use them before when nothing I could afford would show up in the heirloom shop. In some ways I like the new heirloom shop but it seems like it's another possible way for EA to take advantage.

They claim to have fixed a bug about quests not showing up. I don't know if this related to a bug my game has where it says I have 12 quests but I only count 10.
HFN -- 2 Museum Blvd (4 story), 22 West Side (1 story)
HH -- 10 West Side
mockingbird288z

nikigunn wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 20:24 I'm already sick of selecting no cupcake after every time I select an activity for a sim. It makes me want to select longer times so I don't have to tap so much.
I updated a little while ago and yes, me, too! I'm tired of having to make sure I don't accidentally tap on that stupid cupcake. :(
Shona
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Shona »

I have the same bug with the number of quests not matching up - 10 showing, instead of the 12 stated. I had the same problem before the update.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

mockingbird288z wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 20:42
nikigunn wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 20:24 I'm already sick of selecting no cupcake after every time I select an activity for a sim. It makes me want to select longer times so I don't have to tap so much.
I updated a little while ago and yes, me, too! I'm tired of having to make sure I don't accidentally tap on that stupid cupcake. :(
And the regular button is tiny compared to the big cupcake button.
Attachments
Screenshot_2018-06-14-23-00-01-1.png
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

The heirloom shop is odd. If you have two of an heirloom, it shows as 1 on your chart. If you haven't placed ant in your home, however, inventory shows 2.

Does anyone know, if you have a level 2 trait, is there any reason to keep level 1, or can you sell it? Example, if you have level 2 lucky, why would you need to keep level

And related, can you sell unwanted charms, like I can't imagine I would ever give a sim the mean trait, so why keep it?
Attachments
In storage
In storage
In heirloom inventory chart
In heirloom inventory chart
Simsaddict456
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Simsaddict456 »

SKatF wrote: 15 Jun 2018, 08:16 The heirloom shop is odd. If you have two of an heirloom, it shows as 1 on your chart. If you haven't placed ant in your home, however, inventory shows 2.

Does anyone know, if you have a level 2 trait, is there any reason to keep level 1, or can you sell it? Example, if you have level 2 lucky, why would you need to keep level

And related, can you sell unwanted charms, like I can't imagine I would ever give a sim the mean trait, so why keep it?
1 indicates there is one extra heirloom that you can sell. You can only sell heirlooms that are duplicates, you can't sell for example "mean heirloom" and lose that trait, once you unlock a trait you can't lose it and that heirloom can't be sold.