Sim Veteran

February 2019 update

Post by SKatF »

SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: February 2019 update

Post by SKatF »

No improvement/change to storage situation. Wish they'd worked on that rather than CAS (Create a Sim)
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

I Think this is new. Every time i tap on an action the upper right corner has a box showing what story I'm working on. I don't need this information with each tap and it's easy to tap that rather than the action below on a small phone screen. Starting to really irritate me.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

SKatF wrote: 26 Feb 2019, 07:05 I Think this is new. Every time i tap on an action the upper right corner has a box showing what story I'm working on. I don't need this information with each tap and it's easy to tap that rather than the action below on a small phone screen. Starting to really irritate me.
Oh I had it wrong. If I'm doing a career efent, if I tap on the career starting item (say exam couch for doctor), it shows. And another item at hospital like skeleton or treadmill, it doesn't. Tap a sim you have a relationship with during your career event, you get the box with your relationship progress. A sim you don't have a relationship with, you don't get it. The inconsistency is what makes it so easy to mis-tap, which slows me down and is so irritating.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Just looked at heirlooms. There are new Artistic heirlooms as usual 3 levels for the Stylist career boost. No surprise here.

But I noticed that many of the relationship stories I've already completed are showing as locked heirlooms. They never required an heirloom in the past, all were available to beginning players. I haven't been able to test whether this means I won't be able to do the story again until I get the heirloom by purchase or retirement box. I do seem to still have access to the clothing that completion of the story unlocked.
Attachments
The relationship stories show locked
The relationship stories show locked
The new Artistic heirlooms
The new Artistic heirlooms
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

A friend needed to add a sim and did not have a grown or young child in household to promote. It cost 10 life tickets (formerly heirloom tickets). Never did before. Promoting a sim was still free.

Raising a child to make playable was always better than creating an adult* as you could get the good upbringing trait pretty easily. It makes all tasks shorter. And in special events, it costs less cupcakes to hurry events. For example, in the valentine event it cost a sim with good upbringing trait 2 cupcakes to hurry the downtown event, but one without it paid 4 cupcakes.

This new ticket cost makes it even more beneficial to raise your sims from babies.

*also note if you get a sim from another player, that sim will lose their good upbringing trait, although they can keep their other 4 traits.
Attachments
20190227_030923.jpg