SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Eco Workshop new feature

Post by SKatF »

Available 8 July 2020
Source
https://www.google.com/amp/s/thegirlwho ... kshop/amp/

Lots of info so I won't restate it as she explains it well.

I have mixed feelings. I'm glad others will have a chance for items from past events. I'm glad I can work for items I missed in events.

But I rather resent that I spent real money in the past to get items that now are free to work for. I may hesitate to spend in future and just hope it comes up in the workshop. Although if it's like SFP mystery boxes, they will almost never refresh the prizes.
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: Eco Workshop new feature

Post by simmare »

I wouldn’t say any past items are “free” to work for. From reading that link, it seems that there are going to be costs, like unlocking slots 3 and 4. A good number of the available items can only be worked for in those slots. And the costs to upgrade the workshop. They’re forcing us into doing LlamaZoom tasks in order to do that. I haven’t bothered with those in ages. It just seems like an awful lot of work in order to get this stuff. I’m certainly not going to unlock slot 4 just to make the stupid hotdog costumes I’ve missed out on 4 or 5 times already.

I guess we’ll have to wait and see, but I just don’t think making this feature worthwhile is going to be free.
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

One other thing. The link states that if you’ve already unlocked an item, you won’t be able to make it. Every item offered to me for this week, in all 4 slots, I have already unlocked. So that part may have been changed before the update went live. I guess I’ll just have to check every week to see if there’s anything I didn’t unlock, but this actually looks like a feature I’ll hardly ever use.
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side

Thuraya
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Thuraya »

The items I am offered to produce in the eco workshop are all items I have in my inventory already, but they aren't unlocked yet, so I cannot buy more of them. They are from the Halloween, Harvestfest and Winterfest events where the prizes where just single items. I wonder if finishing a project in the workshop will just give us one single item or unlock the item to buy more of.
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

I tested the feature out and crafting just gave one item.
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side

SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

My items are those I have ready. One is a garland I want more of though. I had hoped it would mean unlock 🙄