Party Tips

This is the subforum for all guides related to The Sims Mobile
mockingbird288z

Re: Party Tips

Post by mockingbird288z »

I send all my sims to make use of the different career and hobby items to get more points for the party. :)

How do you all give stickers out? I tend to go against what the sticker is. For example, the "Easter" sticker I will give to a sim that I think is less likely to get an "Easter" sticker to help out that person based on what Simsaddict456 figured out about how stickers translate to fashion gems.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
DiTori
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by DiTori »

SKatF wrote: 06 Apr 2018, 13:42 I was finally able to host a birthday party after unlocking the third sim. I used all 3 sims and tapped dilligently at tasks. As I leveled the party up, more sims came and it became easier.

Question: after I had my party to level 10, I did send my sims to work. If someone comes to the party, I'm wondering if they found my house empty. Mockingbird or Contrary might be able to answer this, as I see they both visited after my sims went to work (thanks for coming.) When I saw that, I pulled them from work temporarily and was able to do party interactions with them, before allowing them to return to work.
After attending your party (which was full of glam people save for me :D ) was inspired to throw one. Lots of people came which made me happy. Nice place you have!
Voted most Active Town by JD Simhouse & Assoc.
Game Center Schotzybleu
HFN original lot
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

DiTori wrote: 08 Apr 2018, 10:50
SKatF wrote: 06 Apr 2018, 13:42 I was finally able to host a birthday party after unlocking the third sim. I used all 3 sims and tapped dilligently at tasks. As I leveled the party up, more sims came and it became easier.

Question: after I had my party to level 10, I did send my sims to work. If someone comes to the party, I'm wondering if they found my house empty. Mockingbird or Contrary might be able to answer this, as I see they both visited after my sims went to work (thanks for coming.) When I saw that, I pulled them from work temporarily and was able to do party interactions with them, before allowing them to return to work.
After attending your party (which was full of glam people save for me :D ) was inspired to throw one. Lots of people came which made me happy. Nice place you have!
DiTori, what's your Sim Mobile game player name? I'll look for you.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Does anyone know what it means that these party invitation icons can be different colors?
Some yellow. Some blue.
Some yellow. Some blue.
Simsaddict456
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Simsaddict456 »

SKatF wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 02:31 Does anyone know what it means that these party invitation icons can be different colors?

Screenshot_2018-04-10-22-23-26-1.png
I think it depends on a type of a party, for example if I have one sim in the medical career and one in the dj career I can send them to a concert party to the other player. If that player has a jukebox and a treadmill I can use them to get extra party xp, but because I am attending a concert party, sim that is in the dj career will get more xp when using a jukebox than the other sim will get using a treadmill and the game will tell me that before I will even attend because the sim in the dj career will have a yellow briefcase and sim in medical career will have a blue briefcase. I am not 100% sure what careers and hobbies go to which party type. I am pretty sure barista and birthday party go together and also cooking hobby and foodie party :)
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Simsaddict456 wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 17:20
SKatF wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 02:31 Does anyone know what it means that these party invitation icons can be different colors?

I think it depends on a type of a party, for example if I have one sim in the medical career and one in the dj career I can send them to a concert party to the other player. If that player has a jukebox and a treadmill I can use them to get extra party xp, but because I am attending a concert party, sim that is in the dj career will get more xp when using a jukebox than the other sim will get using a treadmill and the game will tell me that before I will even attend because the sim in the dj career will have a yellow briefcase and sim in medical career will have a blue briefcase. I am not 100% sure what careers and hobbies go to which party type. I am pretty sure barista and birthday party go together and also cooking hobby and foodie party :)
Well, ometimes there's no icon at all. When there is one, I know there will be a hobby or work item that I might be able to use for higher point party actions and sometimes earn work or hobby progress too. I just can't figure out the color code yet.
mockingbird288z

SKatF wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 19:07

Well, ometimes there's no icon at all. When there is one, I know there will be a hobby or work item that I might be able to use for higher point party actions and sometimes earn work or hobby progress too. I just can't figure out the color code yet.
Simsaddict was saying the color is dependent on what type of party it is. Which is what I've noticed.

Having the icons (basic icon is blue) means there are items for that career or hobby at the party. Having yellow-orange icons means that the items coincide with the type of party being thrown.

For example - the party you are throwing right now is a foodie party. But you have a yoga mat, a dresser thing from the fashion career, a treadmill, and a writer's desk. My chef and cook sim has the briefcase item and the hobby item, my doctor and writer sim has the briefcase and hobby item, and my fashion and yoga sim has the briefcase item.

The briefcase and hobby items are highlighted for my chef and cooking sim because you are throwing a foodie party. My yoga sim doesn't have the hobby item even though you have a yoga mat placed because all the actions available require candles so my sim can't actually use it (at least I assume that's why).
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

mockingbird288z wrote: 12 Apr 2018, 19:10

Simsaddict was saying the color is dependent on what type of party it is. Which is what I've noticed.

Having the icons (basic icon is blue) means there are items for that career or hobby at the party. Having yellow-orange icons means that the items coincide with the type of party being thrown.

For example - the party you are throwing right now is a foodie party. But you have a yoga mat, a dresser thing from the fashion career, a treadmill, and a writer's desk. My chef and cook sim has the briefcase item and the hobby item, my doctor and writer sim has the briefcase and hobby item, and my fashion and yoga sim has the briefcase item.

The briefcase and hobby items are highlighted for my chef and cooking sim because you are throwing a foodie party. My yoga sim doesn't have the hobby item even though you have a yoga mat placed because all the actions available require candles so my sim can't actually use it (at least I assume that's why).
Thanks. Too bad about the candles. I didn't know. I have some, but put them in inventory to make room for food party items. I thought they'd still count when in inventory. I guess not.
mockingbird288z

SKatF wrote: 13 Apr 2018, 04:55
mockingbird288z wrote: 12 Apr 2018, 19:10

Thanks. Too bad about the candles. I didn't know. I have some, but put them in inventory to make room for food party items. I thought they'd still count when in inventory. I guess not.
No problem! Now we know items have to actually be placed for the actions to be available!
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Oh man, my party just crashed. I went back into my game after doing something else and immediately after it loaded my house, got message something like "this party is no longer available". Did not get party awards.Hope my visitors fared better.

I also ran into "object cap limit" for the party. Couldn't place new items after placing party decor. (wanted to pull a couple chairs out of storage and put around a table.) Even after I put 4 or 5 items into inventory, I still couldn't place the chairs.

Unlike SFP where you can place duplicate objects even at object cap, Sims Mobile seems to count all objects, whether duplicate or not.

There's some junky stuff I only have placed as they are from career or hobby stories. I thought if I stored them, my visitors at parties wouldn't be able to do certain tasks. Now I'm wondering if there are any I can store with impunity.