[PIC-GUIDE] Alive Sim's Orb usage!

The tips and guides section.
General guides and tips only, quests have their own subsection!
theaellie sims
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: [PIC-GUIDE] Alive Sim's Orb usage!

Post by theaellie sims »

ErinPW wrote:
theaellie sims wrote:So I paused my adult sim usinga platinum orb and then he started working to a new bronze orb. I now get the message that to carry on working towards the orb he has to age to a senior which defeats the object of pausing him. Am I missing something? I really don't want to age him.
Since the Saddle Up update only seniors can complete orbs :(
Split up per age:
Toddler up to 10%
Preteen up to 24%
Teen up to 44%
Adult up to 86%
Senior up to 100%

The platinum orb pauses the automatic aging. The sims can still age, if we tap the button (the two rounded arrows) and then advance. We can even resume the aging.

As you don't want to age your sim, just don't do it. The 86 % orb is useless. But I'd rather lose that orb instead of aging a saved sim.
oh no i guess my vampire family are the only ones to live forever then - and back to orb grinding for the others.
Sherry
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Sherry »

:o
ErinPW wrote:
theaellie sims wrote:So I paused my adult sim usinga platinum orb and then he started working to a new bronze orb. I now get the message that to carry on working towards the orb he has to age to a senior which defeats the object of pausing him. Am I missing something? I really don't want to age him.
Since the Saddle Up update only seniors can complete orbs :(
Split up per age:
Toddler up to 10%
Preteen up to 24%
Teen up to 44%
Adult up to 86%
Senior up to 100%

The platinum orb pauses the automatic aging. The sims can still age, if we tap the button (the two rounded arrows) and then advance. We can even resume the aging.

As you don't want to age your sim, just don't do it. The 86 % orb is useless. But I'd rather lose that orb instead of aging a saved sim.

I'm glad I read this. I thought once we paused them with a Platinum orb, they would be on a definite hold. Good to know. Thanks Erin. If we havent yet given them a personality when we give them the Platinum Orb, will they just take on the personality of the orb? :)
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Sherry wrote:[snip]

I'm glad I read this. I thought once we paused them with a Platinum orb, they would be on a definite hold. Good to know. Thanks Erin. If we havent yet given them a personality when we give them the Platinum Orb, will they just take on the personality of the orb? :)
You're welcome :)
Immortal sims don't need a personality at all. To pause a sim we have to use another button. You can see it at the last two pictures of the opening post :)
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
RENZponsible
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by RENZponsible »

I have a question Erin, if you'd be kind, can i pause a sim with, say, Entertainer Personality, with Geek platinum orb?
Akmawmaw
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Akmawmaw »

I have seven seniors who've completed a bronze orb. I'm keeping them around and making them clean up the restaurant. I initially had them all quilting until they died but figured, what the heck, they may as well be useful. So they're all at the restaurant. It's painful to watch. Mostly because they look how I'd look if I was made to clean up a nasty restaurant against my will. (Jk)
I'm waiting until they die because I'm guessing that if I kill them off, they won't leave their bronze orb behind. Out of spite or something, I don't know.
I'd like for them to go on to the great Simbeyond so I can create a new adult to take the bronze orb and hopefully turn it into a silver, etc.
I've read through as many threads as my mind can absorb and this is what I come up with.
Am I correct in my assumption? Or can I prematurely say goodbye (make them leave town) and still get the orb?
Also...I'm way behind because I quit playing for a long time. Hi everyone! Just couldn't stay away!
Thanks in advance for your help.
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

RENZponsible wrote:I have a question Erin, if you'd be kind, can i pause a sim with, say, Entertainer Personality, with Geek platinum orb?
Yes, you can. The personality of the Sim-to-pause is unrelated to the orb-used-to-pause.
RENZponsible
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by RENZponsible »

Thank You, Perturbee. :)
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Akmawmaw wrote:I have seven seniors who've completed a bronze orb. I'm keeping them around and making them clean up the restaurant. I initially had them all quilting until they died but figured, what the heck, they may as well be useful. So they're all at the restaurant. It's painful to watch. Mostly because they look how I'd look if I was made to clean up a nasty restaurant against my will. (Jk)
I'm waiting until they die because I'm guessing that if I kill them off, they won't leave their bronze orb behind. Out of spite or something, I don't know.
I'd like for them to go on to the great Simbeyond so I can create a new adult to take the bronze orb and hopefully turn it into a silver, etc.
I've read through as many threads as my mind can absorb and this is what I come up with.
Am I correct in my assumption? Or can I prematurely say goodbye (make them leave town) and still get the orb?
Also...I'm way behind because I quit playing for a long time. Hi everyone! Just couldn't stay away!
Welcome back, Akmawmaw :)

If you advance your seniors, the orbs drop down next to them. So you can go on and assign the orbs to new adult sims :) Just have in your mind, they needn't die if you use orbs for building or for pausing other sims.

And save to the cloud before advancing. It's always possible something goes wrong. (Once I advanced a sim, which hadn't completed the orb yet :oops: Fortunately I could reset my game :) )

Do you know already, there are now more hobbies for seniors than quilting and bird feeding :) Just in case you've got seniors, which are supposed to stay in your town :)
Attachments
Senior hobbies
Senior hobbies
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Akmawmaw
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Akmawmaw »

ErinPW wrote:
Akmawmaw wrote:I have seven seniors who've completed a bronze orb. I'm keeping them around and making them clean up the restaurant. I initially had them all quilting until they died but figured, what the heck, they may as well be useful. So they're all at the restaurant. It's painful to watch. Mostly because they look how I'd look if I was made to clean up a nasty restaurant against my will. (Jk)
Welcome back, Akmawmaw :)

If you advance your seniors, the orbs drop down next to them. So you can go on and assign the orbs to new adult sims :) Just have in your mind, they needn't die if you use orbs for building or for pausing other sims.

And save to the cloud before advancing. It's always possible something goes wrong. (Once I advanced a sim, which hadn't completed the orb yet :oops: Fortunately I could reset my game :) )

Do you know already, there are now more hobbies for seniors than quilting and bird feeding :) Just in case you've got seniors, which are supposed to stay in your town :)
Thanks for your help, Erin! I advanced my first Sacrificial Sim. Ironically, her name was Erin. She was the Mayor of SimIsland and once ran an orphanage. Her husband departed to complete the Death Quest and her orphans all grew up and became orb grinders so it was only fitting she be the Second in town to go, I suppose.
image.jpg
The new Erin Hill (minus all the fancy hair and makeup I'd bought for her previous self) is working toward a Silver! I think I'll let the others finish the restaurant before they meet their demise. I think I get it now. I'll have to wrap my feeble mind around an entirely different game. I shall look into those other hobbies. I have a senior center and would like eventually to keep some seniors in town. Right now I'll just be orb grinding for awhile I suppose. Again, I appreciate your help.
Hancock5
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Hancock5 »

I'm having a feeling of dread about LD & L quest.
I don't feel I'm going to understand what to do and I'm gonna find it very upsetting if my sims die (when they're based on me and my family members)
Can I ignore the quest altogether?
Will there be other quests after it that I won't be able to do if I ignore it?
I have tried reading up but find I can't grasp it!