[PIC-GUIDE] Alive Sim's Orb usage!

The tips and guides section.
General guides and tips only, quests have their own subsection!
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Re: [PIC-GUIDE] Alive Sim's Orb usage!

Post by Perturbee »

Gizmom wrote:All this info is so helpful! One of my sims died and left behind a bronze orb. When I tap it to give it to a living sim, only some of my sims are there. Does anyone know why some sims are not eligible? They are in various stages of fulfilling their own LD.
Wrong personality is the only cause.
If you updated, maybe the horses update messed with something.
TrudyL68
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by TrudyL68 »

sonlightmom wrote:
To assign the orb to another Sim I just clicked on it, and it came up with a list of all of my living Sims and I just chose the one from the list to pass it onto. This Sim was 90% towards their own bronzed bronze orb, so when I gave him the completed bronze orb it's now shows he's 90% towards his silver orb, which is really nice.
I have updated to the saddle up quest and tried this out. I have a sim who has a completed orb, and I sent her to the afterlife. I assigned her completed orb to another sim who had completed as much of her life dream as she could as an adult. It set her progress towards the silver orb back to zero, and if I am remembering correctly she had a different life dream than she had before. It seems that they once again have changed something that we found useful!! Has anyone else experienced this as well?
TrudyL68
HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by HordePrime »

TrudyL68 wrote:I have updated to the saddle up quest and tried this out. I have a sim who has a completed orb, and I sent her to the afterlife. I assigned her completed orb to another sim who had completed as much of her life dream as she could as an adult. It set her progress towards the silver orb back to zero, and if I am remembering correctly she had a different life dream than she had before. It seems that they once again have changed something that we found useful!! Has anyone else experienced this as well?
Yes, it was a "glitch" that benefited us so they couldn't "fix" it quickly enough.
Along with the fact that only seniors can now complete a life dream and earn an orb, it means that getting orbs is significantly harder with the Saddle Up update, and this is why I would recommend to anyone that wants orbs to stay on the Life Dreams one as long as possible.
amclHELP
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by amclHELP »

I have a strange situation re: life orbs. One of my senior sims passed on in public and the orb is just floating out there int he park. No one can pick it up and I can't enter Inventory mode because it's a public space, so have I just lost my silver sporty life orb or is there a way to collect it?
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

amclHELP wrote:I have a strange situation re: life orbs. One of my senior sims passed on in public and the orb is just floating out there int he park. No one can pick it up and I can't enter Inventory mode because it's a public space, so have I just lost my silver sporty life orb or is there a way to collect it?
Don't worry, you haven't lost it! When you are giving a sim a sporty personality and have the option to give them an orb your silver sporty orb will be there with its location listed as in the park. Or if you want to use it to build the beach or something there that orb will show up in the list of available orbs.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
bloodcool
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by bloodcool »

mockingbird288z wrote:
amclHELP wrote:I have a strange situation re: life orbs. One of my senior sims passed on in public and the orb is just floating out there int he park. No one can pick it up and I can't enter Inventory mode because it's a public space, so have I just lost my silver sporty life orb or is there a way to collect it?
Don't worry, you haven't lost it! When you are giving a sim a sporty personality and have the option to give them an orb your silver sporty orb will be there with its location listed as in the park. Or if you want to use it to build the beach or something there that orb will show up in the list of available orbs.
And if your intention is to put into inventory, just change the personality of the Sim (in a house) and the orb will appear on the lot for you to collect...
Delphine
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by Delphine »

Or you can just click on the orb and it shows the list of the sims you can affect it. Scroll to the top right of the list and you Will see the option "store in the inventory"
FB : Catalina Delphine (look for the squirrel ;) )
GC : DelphOrka
Updated, everything built but the volcano
(Please, don't look at my mistakes in English, my French iPad always puts capital letters and accents everywhere)
Sherry
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Sherry »

I am new to this website, but have been playing Sims Freeplay for over a year. I didn't complete the Life,Dreams& Legacies quest because I didn't want my Sims to die. Now I'm not getting any new quests. The new way of playing the game sounds confusing. If I want to use orbs to save a couple of my favorite Sims, how much does it cost to build the beach etc.,? Do the majority of people like the game as much as before? I still can't believe they made death part of Sims FP. Can we still pay Simelons to build things? If my Sims have completed all their hobbies, will they needs to have new dreams? Also I have 34 sims which is the max, will I be able to complete the life, dreams and legacies quest? Don't I have to add a baby to finish the quest? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Sherry wrote:I am new to this website, but have been playing Sims Freeplay for over a year. I didn't complete the Life,Dreams& Legacies quest because I didn't want my Sims to die. Now I'm not getting any new quests. The new way of playing the game sounds confusing. If I want to use orbs to save a couple of my favorite Sims, how much does it cost to build the beach etc.,? Do the majority of people like the game as much as before? I still can't believe they made death part of Sims FP. Can we still pay Simelons to build things? If my Sims have completed all their hobbies, will they needs to have new dreams? Also I have 34 sims which is the max, will I be able to complete the life, dreams and legacies quest? Don't I have to add a baby to finish the quest? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!
The main locations are:
  • Beach: 2 bronze sporty orbs and 2 silver sporty orbs (6 sims)
    Arcade: 1 bronze geeky orb and 1 silver geeky orb (3 sims)
    Carnival: 5 bronze entertainer orbs and 2 silver entertainer orbs (9 sims)
Each if those places have other things inside them that also take orbs to unlock.

Simoleons are used to still build the stables and the restaurant.

Hobbies and life dreams are two different things. You sims will get a new life dream at each stage in their life. When they finish what they can for their life stage they can either age up for free or continue their life until their time is up for that age at which point they will age and then get a new life dream. Only seniors can complete an orb. If that orb is used you could technically have your senior start a new orb but you will most likely end up using LP to push back their aging.

The Life Dreams and Legacies quest will see one of your sims die. It is after that task that you then have the goal to add a baby. So having 34 sims will not be a problem.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Sherry
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Sherry »

The main locations are:
  • Beach: 2 bronze sporty orbs and 2 silver sporty orbs (6 sims)
    Arcade: 1 bronze geeky orb and 1 silver geeky orb (3 sims)
    Carnival: 5 bronze entertainer orbs and 2 silver entertainer orbs (9 sims)
Each if those places have other things inside them that also take orbs to unlock.

Simoleons are used to still build the stables and the restaurant.

Hobbies and life dreams are two different things. You sims will get a new life dream at each stage in their life. When they finish what they can for their life stage they can either age up for free or continue their life until their time is up for that age at which point they will age and then get a new life dream. Only seniors can complete an orb. If that orb is used you could technically have your senior start a new orb but you will most likely end up using LP to push back their aging.

The Life Dreams and Legacies quest will see one of your sims die. It is after that task that you then have the goal to add a baby. So having 34 sims will not be a problem.[/quote]
Thank you. I have read through a lot of these threads about the L,D, & Legacies quest. It sounds people were confused. If I do earn a silver orb ( just an example) can I give it to an adult, or is it best to give a silver or gold orb to a baby? I've read if we give a silver or gold orb to the wrong person, we can lose it. The "wrong" person is someone who isn't the same (sporty) as they are. Is that right? :? Were you able to save any of your original favorite sims? :shock:

Thanks!! :D