Pet Paradise and On: Earning the Max Simoleons and XP from Work

The tips and guides section.
General guides and tips only, quests have their own subsection!
Bagatelle
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Pet Paradise and On: Earning the Max Simoleons and XP from Work

Post by Bagatelle »

Hi simmers !

Forgive me if it has already been noticed on the forum....but I come back from holidays, with a lot to read, a new update, so maybe I've missed it.... :?

With the pet paradise update, there are few changes about careers....
We have seen that we can send our sims to work whatever hour of day it is.... Not anymore on hours we can't choose....
(Good news ! :) )

And I've seen EA give us more simoleons and xp for sending our sims to work, another good news !!!
I've made the drawing for careers (it's in french....sorry....it was for our french forum....but it may help if you haven't it....)

But there is some bad news....
On Facebook, some people explained that all their sims haven't had the same amount of simoleons and xp at the end of work, even if they have the same level in work....

So, I don't know if there is other conditions, but I find these 2 that are necessary if you want the maximal amount of simoleons and xp :
- a sim must be inspired to go to work
- you have to go into the house where is your sim to send him to work, then you tap on the suitcase in the simtracker or in Careers to send him to work, and you have to wait until he left completely the house before going to another house or on map of town

I made some tests in my game and if I just use the simtracker without being in the house where is the sim, or if I leave the house before he left the house, when he comes back from work, I won't have all simoleons and xp.... :(

Luckily, I was able to use the finger tip to make a sim leave the house to go to work quickly....
But it's very boring....

Could anyone confirm this too ?
Or is it just me ? :cry:
Attachments
image.jpg
Facebook account : Bagatelle Dupré (please send a message with SFP or the forum)
Game Center : bagatelle freeplay

HFN : Volcano View (on the right of the volcano)

Sorry for my poor english.... I'm french ! ;)
Happy simming ! :D
Delphine
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Re: Pet paradise update : about careers....

Post by Delphine »

Thank you for your work Bagatelle !

Just to help for the translation:
Pompier : fireman
Agent immobilier : réal estate

(The other ones are quite obvious : Acteur stands for actor, professeur is professoral, etc...)
Last edited by Delphine on 20 Feb 2015, 02:40, edited 1 time in total.
FB : Catalina Delphine (look for the squirrel ;) )
GC : DelphOrka
Updated, everything built but the volcano
(Please, don't look at my mistakes in English, my French iPad always puts capital letters and accents everywhere)
Bagatelle
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Bagatelle »

Thank you Delphine ;)
Facebook account : Bagatelle Dupré (please send a message with SFP or the forum)

xjuelx
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by xjuelx »

Interesting! :) My sims are always inspired when they go to work and I'm always at the house they are at when I send them and don't leave until they do. All I have is level six athletes right now and they always earn 2700 simoleons. Tomorrow I'll send a few of them from the sim tracker without being at the house they're at and see if they earn less than the others.
pandap4nts
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by pandap4nts »

Thank you! I have been noticing my Sims varying wages and wondering what was going on. This is very helpful; from now on, I'll try to make sure they're inspired and leaving from home. Thanks!
Garage Update Gamecenter: pandap4nts 🐼
bloodcool
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by bloodcool »

Thanks Bagatelle! What you've mentioned on the conditions do make sense... I've send my Sims to work and watching them go out of home today, will confirm if they are earning better wages...
MimLady
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by MimLady »

Very interesting. I hadn't noticed the variation because I mostly use the work choice for orbing, so I was just intent on making sure they got the orb percentage! I never usually wait to see my sims off to work though, so I have done today. And 3 have not gone from their own homes because that fitted my game plan. So I'll be able to make a comparison hopefully.
I also hadn't paid attention to the fact that each individual sims' wage according to what level they are is no longer shown on the tracker. And just the starting (I hope!) wage on the occupation choices. I presume they do still get a pay rise for higher levels?
Bagatelle
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Bagatelle »

In fact, you don't need that your sim goes to work from his own house....he can go to work from any house, even if it's not his Home, and you can have the maximal wage, if you wait until he has left the house before going to another house. :)

And I've noticed too that, when you decide to change your sim's career, you can seen the wage of the level 1 of each job, by changing your sim's job..... But EA didn't change this screen....so, it's not the good amounts of simoleons and xp...I tested wage for level 1 jobs, and they don't fit with what is noticed on the screen of job (the screen where you change your sim's job....)

Sorry....a little bit complicated....and my english is not perfect....

xjuelx
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by xjuelx »

I think you've solved the mystery, Bagatelle! :) Today I sent 11 athlete sims to work from the house they were in, and I stayed at the house until they left. All 11 returned with 2700 simoleons and 1800 XP. I sent three other athletes from the sim tracker while I was at a different location and those three only made 1800 simoleons and 1200 XP.
Bagatelle
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Bagatelle »

Thank you very much for the tests xjuelx !!! :)

Good news to know how to really win the maximal wage for our sims.... ;)