Online Store Bundles

The tips and guides section.
General guides and tips only, quests have their own subsection!
Simsfanatic
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Online Store Bundles

Post by Simsfanatic »

mockingbird288z wrote: 11 May 2017, 00:06
Simsfanatic wrote: 10 May 2017, 22:34
ReshiramVorePred wrote: 10 May 2017, 22:31 Why is there a "Prepped for Prom" Online Bundle when I already unlocked all the dresses with the event?
Because they want you to spend real money. They are really selfish like that
They are additional suits and dresses that go with the prom theme. They've been selling complementary bundles to go with event prizes since the Country Homestead event last November.

I don't think selfish is the right word, though. Naturally we would all like to unlock the complementary items in the event itself but as this is a free-to-play game and the game developers still need to make money (they have rent, too!), and more importantly EA needs to make money on this game to justify continued production of it, putting bundles like this in the online store is more of a necessary evil.

It's basically have us pay for additional content, if we want to - remember it's not forced, so that the game continues to make money and FM/EA can continue to develop it and create more events were we can unlock things for free. Which, of course, will now come with complementary bundles in the online store so the circle can continue.

I wish they had switched the dresses, though. The ones in this bundle are much nicer than the ones from the event. But they know that, don't they. ;)

It's still kinda of selfish tho. Don't get me wrong I'm a long time player and I do understand their side of the situation, but how they price their bundles and use the "sale" trick is still sort of kinda sneaky and selfish of them. Not every new thing needs to be highly priced and in a online bundle. I still stick with my opinion on them being selfish as I've starting to see them as of now. I use to defend them against players who thought that as well but now I'm kinda seeing their point. Remember it's just my opinion.
Simsfanatic
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Simsfanatic »

And I usually buy every new item online bundle and probably will continue to buy. I feel like I have a right to give my opinion based on that since they are taking my money.
Atheletic Brownie
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Atheletic Brownie »

Okay so I caved and bought them. The dresses were too pretty to resist. Some parts are see through around the neck and the back, and the pattern on most of them are silver-grey except for the white/creamy one, with black patterns.
IMG_9132.PNG
IMG_9131.PNG

Just my 2c - I think we just need a little perspective. Think what would you most likely do with that $17.99 (that's the AUD price for the bundle) or whatever amount any bundle you want costs? For me, I'm alright with forgoing eating out or buying a new shirt to get this bundle which would definitely last a lot longer that either of those. Compare buying a bundle you want against the next most likely use for the money - if you think you'd be better of not buying, then just hold off until they (hopefully) reduce the price.

I do think the "Sale" gimmick is pretty dodgy, and I don't understand why they can't just have all the packs in the store all the time like they used to (I started in 2012, and I believe the swim packs, Adidas and a couple more were always on sale). At least we'd know it's a discounted price for real.
House for Neighbours: 12 West Side (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9) Cat, dog and SP Quest Stuff.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Simsfanatic wrote: 11 May 2017, 04:40
ReshiramVorePred wrote: 10 May 2017, 22:31 Why is there a "Prepped for Prom" Online Bundle when I already unlocked all the dresses with the event?
They are additional suits and dresses that go with the prom theme. They've been selling complementary bundles to go with event prizes since the Country Homestead event last November.

I don't think selfish is the right word, though. Naturally we would all like to unlock the complementary items in the event itself but as this is a free-to-play game and the game developers still need to make money (they have rent, too!), and more importantly EA needs to make money on this game to justify continued production of it, putting bundles like this in the online store is more of a necessary evil.

It's basically have us pay for additional content, if we want to - remember it's not forced, so that the game continues to make money and FM/EA can continue to develop it and create more events were we can unlock things for free. Which, of course, will now come with complementary bundles in the online store so the circle can continue.

I wish they had switched the dresses, though. The ones in this bundle are much nicer than the ones from the event. But they know that, don't they. ;)

It's still kinda of selfish tho. Don't get me wrong I'm a long time player and I do understand their side of the situation, but how they price their bundles and use the "sale" trick is still sort of kinda sneaky and selfish of them. Not every new thing needs to be highly priced and in a online bundle. I still stick with my opinion on them being selfish as I've starting to see them as of now. I use to defend them against players who thought that as well but now I'm kinda seeing their point. Remember it's just my opinion.
Ive said before many times that the "sale" price is false. And that the flash sales are just a tactic to get people to spend real money: "oh! Limited time only, have to get it now!"

I have been playing the game from the beginning and have always remarked at how greedy EA is. And they're only getting worse. It's just, IMO, greedy is a better word to use than selfish.
Simsfanatic wrote: 11 May 2017, 04:42 And I usually buy every new item online bundle and probably will continue to buy. I feel like I have a right to give my opinion based on that since they are taking my money.
I buy the occasional pack every now and then. Do I not also get to express an opinion?
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Simsfanatic
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Simsfanatic »

mockingbird288z wrote: 11 May 2017, 05:23
    Simsfanatic wrote: 11 May 2017, 04:40

Ive said before many times that the "sale" price is false. And that the flash sales are just a tactic to get people to spend real money: "oh! Limited time only, have to get it now!"

You have I haven't notice, i don't have a notification to see what you most, so my mistake. I didn't A know you said that many times.

I have been playing the game from the beginning and have always remarked at how greedy EA is. And they're only getting worse. It's just, IMO, greedy is a better word to use than selfish.

I still think wether you sugar code it there both synonyms. There isn't really a right word to use. Both have same definition practically.
    Simsfanatic wrote: 11 May 2017, 04:42 And I usually buy every new item online bundle and probably will continue to buy. I feel like I have a right to give my opinion based on that since they are taking my money.
    I buy the occasional pack every now and then. Do I not also get to express an opinion?
    Hmm are you good? Yes you do have a right. Your spending your real money. You should at least give your two cents on the matter of what ever it is.
    littlebrogaymer
    Newborn Sim
    Newborn Sim

Post by littlebrogaymer »

mockingbird288z wrote: 10 May 2017, 08:41
    They should have definitely put in the description that you only get sleepwear for one age group at a time.

I know lots of people think lots of different bundles are scams and I'm always saying they aren't. But this is something I would call a scam. There's no indication that you only get one age group.

The order you get them when purchasing them looks like the order they are unlocked during the sleepwear event.

Hi new to the forums and recently stated playing SFP a month ago. I've made several Online Store Bundle purchases, but I'm extremely unhappy about the recent 'Sleepwear Bundle' that I purchased - the description made no suggestion that you would only unlock 1 out of 5 possible sets based on the different age groups.

I have contacted UK Citizens Advice Consumer Helpline and they have advised me that there is a clear case of mis-selling as set out by the Consumer Rights Act 2015. The product received did not match the description given.

I would recommend anyone from the UK that purchased this bundle to contact Firemonkeys with a complaint regarding this bundle, as you are well within your legal rights to demand a refund.

If enough people complain, hopefully it will lead to Firemonkeys to get their act together and correctly/clearly show what we are actually purchasing in these bundles before handing over our cash! Bare in mind that it is not unreasonable to expect them to do this - they are required by law to do so! (Speaking from the UK that is, you may need to check you own consumer rights if you are based in another Country)

Hope this info helps!

BTW, I LOVE the game - I'm not making this post to bash on Firemonkeys. I'm happy to pay real money for items and bundles, I just want to know exactly what I'm going to get before I make the purchase, and without having to try search for answers online through google, forum posts, etc.

Happy Gaming!

Littlebro
    mockingbird288z

littlebrogaymer wrote: 11 May 2017, 09:17
    They should have definitely put in the description that you only get sleepwear for one age group at a time.

I know lots of people think lots of different bundles are scams and I'm always saying they aren't. But this is something I would call a scam. There's no indication that you only get one age group.

The order you get them when purchasing them looks like the order they are unlocked during the sleepwear event.

Hi new to the forums and recently stated playing SFP a month ago. I've made several Online Store Bundle purchases, but I'm extremely unhappy about the recent 'Sleepwear Bundle' that I purchased - the description made no suggestion that you would only unlock 1 out of 5 possible sets based on the different age groups.

I have contacted UK Citizens Advice Consumer Helpline and they have advised me that there is a clear case of mis-selling as set out by the Consumer Rights Act 2015. The product received did not match the description given.

I would recommend anyone from the UK that purchased this bundle to contact Firemonkeys with a complaint regarding this bundle, as you are well within your legal rights to demand a refund.

If enough people complain, hopefully it will lead to Firemonkeys to get their act together and correctly/clearly show what we are actually purchasing in these bundles before handing over our cash! Bare in mind that it is not unreasonable to expect them to do this - they are required by law to do so! (Speaking from the UK that is, you may need to check you own consumer rights if you are based in another Country)

Hope this info helps!

BTW, I LOVE the game - I'm not making this post to bash on Firemonkeys. I'm happy to pay real money for items and bundles, I just want to know exactly what I'm going to get before I make the purchase, and without having to try search for answers online through google, forum posts, etc.

Happy Gaming!

Littlebro
    Welcome to the forum!

I would also try and get a refund through your app store- so either Google Play, the App Store, or Amazon.

I would hope FM would listen to your complaint and give you a refund (and fix the description!) but they can be slow to respond - or just ignore - 'regular' complaints that I worry what they would do about something like this. Whereas, with the app stores, I've heard they are usually pretty quick to issue refunds.

Maybe FM would still get the message if lots of people are requesting refunds from the app stores - or maybe the app stores will bring it up with FM if enough people complain to them?
    Ariadne
    Sim Toddler
    Sim Toddler

Post by Ariadne »

littlebrogaymer wrote: 11 May 2017, 09:17

Hope this info helps!

Happy Gaming!

Littlebro
    Thanks for the heads up about this, I was actually thinking of buying the sleepwear pack, but I definitely won't be now. Hopefully you can claim a refund through either the apple or google store, they're usually really good about refunds.
    Facebook: Ariadne Snow (please message)
    littlebrogaymer
    Newborn Sim
    Newborn Sim

Post by littlebrogaymer »

Update on the 'Sleepwear Bundle' - Been in contact with Firemonkeys and they have taken the bundle down from the store, which some of you may have noticed already, as they agreed that is was misleading.

As compensation, they unlocked all 5 of the Sleepwear sets for me. If you paid for the bundle and are unhappy about only receiving one set, then it may be worth contacting them as they seem to have acknowledged the misleading description.

Good luck and happy gaming!

Littlebro
    mockingbird288z

Okay, I need some help guys!

I've been working on a few new topics that showcase just pics of all the online bundles to make it easier to see what's in them.

What I need help with is making sure I've got pics of all the bundles so far. I'm definitely sure I don't so I was wondering if others could post what bundles they've seen that I don't have listed yet. It would be extremely helpful if people had screenshots of the bundle in the online store, too. :)

Past Limited Time Event Prizes - what I've got so far
    • Party Pack
      Fireworks Bundle
      Reindeer
      Living Teddy Bear
      Rainbow Unicorn
      Lion dance costume
      Winter clothing pack
      Winter hats and coats
      Winter tops
      Designer rugs
      Sports pack
      Spa towel outfits
      Random Boutique Hairstyle
      Sleepwear pack
      Pet themed Onesies
      Alternative style
      Gingerbread house
      Pet turkey
      Beachwear clothing pack
      Halloween costume pack
      Urban Decorations
      Day spa baths and showers
      Movie maker tools
      Glorious fountain
      Bunny Onesies
      Day spa bath mats - I have a screen shot of this in the online store but don't know what's actually in it

And another topic will be for online bundles of items already available in the game. This is what I have so far:
    • Green Honeycomb Home (same as plumbob furniture?)
      White Scandinavian Furniture (same as Scandinavian Suite?)
      Scandinavian Countertops
      Second Story Sunlinght
      Executive Office
      Rich & Famous
      Playtime Pack
      Starter Pack
      Complete Home Designer (same as Premium Home Pack)
      Valentine's Day Gifts
    What other bundles have you guys seen?

(This isn't for limited time prizes from quests or events that are a permanent part of the game.)