Event Start time usually is 7:00 a.m. UTC.
Here‘s a link to the official article: ea.com - Mysterious Masquerade Update
Here are the playable event dates for this update (all dates in PST):
- NEW Funkoween Fun Pack: Available from 18 October for the duration of the update (in Online Store for free)
- NEW Downtown Developer 5: 60 day event available to start anytime from 18 October
- NEW Influence Island Season 18 Scandinavian: 10-day event starting from 18 October
- NEW SimChase Season 35 ‘Scandi Scrimmage!’: 9-day event starting from 18 October
- NEW 'Mysterious Masquerade’ Live Event: 10-day event starting from 28 October
- NEW Maternity Pack 24: Start a pregnancy event between 2 – 10 November, and successfully complete all your tasks to win maternity rewards!
- NEW Influence Island Season 19 Diwali: 10-day event starting from 3 November
- 'Magical Morocco’ Live Event: 10-day event starting from 16 November
- Influence Island Season 1 High School Cafeteria: 10-day event starting from 17 November
- SimChase Season 21 'Thanksgiving Throwdown!’: 9-day event starting from 19 November
- ‘Daring Do’s’ Long Hair Hobby Event rerun: 7-day event starting from 21 November
News (Copied in parts from the official article. If you want to read more, please follow the a.m. link to ea.com)
Base Game Improvements
Daily ‘Check-In’ Rewards Play The Sims FreePlay every day and you’ll be rewarded for simply playing the game! We’ve created a daily rewards system so if you play daily, you’ll earn prizes! Maintain your play streak to earn larger rewards. Or, if you’d rather play at your own pace, earn ‘Cumulative Rewards’ by playing a set number of days at any time! The more you play the more you’ll earn.
Daily rewards refresh daily at 6PM your local time. Don’t worry if you forget to claim your prizes the last time you logged in, they’ll be waiting there for you the next time you play. Prizes include premium currency, Simoleons, VIP points, décor, outfits and more!
Click on your Sim’s mailbox on their home lot to open the new screen – click on the mailbox icon again to claim everything from both the 'Daily Rewards and Check-In Rewards' tabs automatically.
Inventory Filtering We know so many of you have hundreds of items in your Sim’s inventory from accumulating almost 10 years of rewards from our events, quests, hobbies and more! We are so excited to reveal our newly designed inventory filtering system to help you find your décor and Home Store items much quicker when redesigning, renovating and remodeling, so you can spend less time scrolling through dozens of categories trying to find that ONE thing!
In the Home Store, click on the new ‘filtering’ icon with three lines to choose your filter settings and find what you want faster! Try it out now!
The Macaron Platters are back in Home Store and inventory.
The graphic issue at chalet windows has been fixed.
The Drinks Trays are still missing from inventory.
The Smoke Machines are still not working correctly.
The graphics for tasks have changed again. The letters XP are now shown in blue while the numbers remained yellow.
In the task box we can now see the number of available challenges for Influence Island.
After concluding or losing a challenge we are lead to the gift shop.
New architect homes will now appear every second Thursday instead of Fridays. (Source)