Life Dreams and Legacies Quest

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
Madlyaddicted
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: Life Dreams and Legacies Quest

Post by Madlyaddicted »

Got to say I'm not happy with this new update. Had to age and kill off a sim that I was in the process of getting to know another oldie, the plan was to marry them off and see if I could move them in with a young family..... Had to use previous LPs to get the baby and it's with a couple that I didn't really want to have a baby. I would rather have a few houses with lots of children in one house but it doesn't look possible. I just can't see the point of anything anymore. You spend time getting jobs, hobbies, making relationships etc just for them to age and die. Can't keep using LPs to reverse it.....don't fully understand the whole orb thing yet.....
Simplicity
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Simplicity »

:( I can't find this to complete.
- Debunk theory of relativity while drinking tea (10 hrs 40 mins)
When I got 2 old sims to interact it was something to do with a Ms vampire. I decided now to go with it bcos it's the same time......
Does anyone know if this will work or what the correct one is?
Thanks.
hiser1974

Post by hiser1974 »

You need to use a teaset that can be found in the homestore under kitchen.
Then when you tap on that with your geeky sim you will have the option 'Debunk theory of relativity while drinking tea'.
grumpybear
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by grumpybear »

Toddlers life dream is to read Speedy Runnington I select it from the bookshelf but it tells me I need an adult even though her parents are in the room - it won't let the adult select the book so how do I get this to work??
J-is-for-Jane
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by J-is-for-Jane »

I've just updated and begun this quest. I've assigned one adult sim (brave Tony) to this quest, and he'll be aging into seniorhood. I'm keeping all other sims idle to suspend their aging until I've decided (or they tell me) what's to become of them.

However, on task 2 - Send Invitations on a Computer, another sim joined Tony in the activity. (!!) She stood next to the computer that Tony was on, and it showed she was engaged in the activity in sim update, in the sim tracker, and on the actual lot. Since any activity contributes to aging, I made her stop. I whistled her over to another house, and now Tony is by himself.

So, a suggestion for anyone else starting this quest and keeping most of their sims inactive, make sure that the questing sim is by his lonesome on a lot.
sonlightmom
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by sonlightmom »

grumpybear wrote:Toddlers life dream is to read Speedy Runnington I select it from the bookshelf but it tells me I need an adult even though her parents are in the room - it won't let the adult select the book so how do I get this to work??

I haven't seen this quest yet, but I'm guessing since it's for a toddler that you'll gave to buy the bookshelf from the toddler area in the store. It's combined with a sitting area so and adult can sit and read a story to a toddler.
Kristi

* Neighbor House: Starter house
* Haunted house: Next door to starter house
* Other items: Teen Idol Mansion or 2 Story Mansion on Island, including cat, dog w. Frisbee & firepole.
* Game Center Name: sonlightmom
hiser1974

Post by hiser1974 »

grumpybear wrote:Toddlers life dream is to read Speedy Runnington I select it from the bookshelf but it tells me I need an adult even though her parents are in the room - it won't let the adult select the book so how do I get this to work??
Placing the bookshelf correclty can be tricky as both the adult and the toddler need to be able to acces it.
So if it doesn't work try moving around/rotating the bookshelf.
It took me a couple of tries to get the placement right.
J-is-for-Jane wrote:-snip
So, a suggestion for anyone else starting this quest and keeping most of their sims inactive, make sure that the questing sim is by his lonesome on a lot.

Thanks for the heads up, our sims really aren't supposed to be having any fun in this update :roll:
calleighwolfe
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by calleighwolfe »

The progress I've made towards one orb will reset once the sim has passed to the following phase (for example, from preteen to teen or adult to senior) or it will continue growing?

I'm on Facebook! Just ask ;)
It might take me a while to answer, but I will :)
Level 55. TV: 124,171,224
HFN: Starter House
Haunted House: 1 EastSide
Tutti Frutti Update
Signature updated on March 17th, 2022
Spirit64
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Spirit64 »

calleighwolfe wrote:The progress I've made towards one orb will reset once the sim has passed to the following phase (for example, from preteen to teen or adult to senior) or it will continue growing?

It will continue to grow, if you pass tot the next life phase.
salsarush
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by salsarush »

calleighwolfe wrote:The progress I've made towards one orb will reset once the sim has passed to the following phase (for example, from preteen to teen or adult to senior) or it will continue growing?

It will grow, but the speed of growth will be determined by the new life dream you get.
@Marta from Italy@
GC: salsarush
Pet Farm: Volcano View