Life Dreams and Legacies Quest

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
kathyquicktick
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Life Dreams and Legacies Quest

Post by kathyquicktick »

moondrake wrote: Are you on FB? Would you mind sharing the FB name/link of someone with a good reindeer farm so I make a friend request? The person whose reindeer farm I used to visit recently quit the game because of the update.
I don't use Facebook for Sims.. Only GameCenter.
rebuilding from scratch. let's be friends!
September
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by September »

kathyquicktick wrote:I'm on the quest now. My goal is to advance an Adult Sim, but I didn't want to give up any (already aged one withthe Seniors quest)' so I bought another home lot with LP, this way I can just age the new Sim.

I never complete the quests in time anyway, but this one I'm definitely taking my sweet time after reading everyone's reviews of the update (total forgot I had auto-updates turned on for the ipad). Working harder on completing Social Goals in my neighbor's towns that conveniently have reindeer farms 8-)
I'm wondering... What Re reindeer farms and what are the pros and cons of having one?
alligatorade52
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by alligatorade52 »

I'm almost done with the quest. I just completed grow a pumpkin and am now on bake gingerbread sims. I had previously completed both ahead of time and left them for my senior sim to collect, but it didn't work! She had to start all over again. So just a warning to others that baking and planting ahead of time may not always work. I've done it in the past and had no problems, so I was really irritated it didn't work this time!
Level 55; Penthouse Update
Cyril
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Cyril »

September wrote:
kathyquicktick wrote:I'm on the quest now. My goal is to advance an Adult Sim, but I didn't want to give up any (already aged one withthe Seniors quest)' so I bought another home lot with LP, this way I can just age the new Sim.

I never complete the quests in time anyway, but this one I'm definitely taking my sweet time after reading everyone's reviews of the update (total forgot I had auto-updates turned on for the ipad). Working harder on completing Social Goals in my neighbor's towns that conveniently have reindeer farms 8-)
I'm wondering... What Re reindeer farms and what are the pros and cons of having one?
A reindeer farm is a house plot that has lots of reindeer on it.

They were possible because of two glitches, both now repaired in the latest two updates.

The Reindeer Glitch was a bug that meant if you visited a neighbour (eg Another Sim Town) whilst the Christmas Quest was active, you automatically got 3LP and a free reindeer. This happened on every visit, so some folk have literally thousands of free reindeer in their Pet Store.

The Pet Glitch was one that if you moved a family to another house, their pets went with them, and they also inherited any pets that were already at that house. By moving a family around a lot, you could get as many of those free reindeer on a plot as you wanted. The programmers have now changed it so you cannot move a family with pets, so unless you get rid of all the animals to other Sims or adopt them away, your family can't move.

If you spend about 10 minutes at a neighbours reindeer farm or other pet sanctuary, you will get quite a lot of Simoleons and LPs by just bursting the bubbles when they show up.

The optimum number of reindeer is about 50, as too many more means the game slows to a crawl on some devices, so you don't get any more bubbles for more reindeer.

I have a farm on the plot at the Eastside. It's the one without any building on it, and my Game Centre name is neildf, if you want to visit it.

Happy Simming:-)
Game Centre Name: neildf
September
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by September »

Cyril wrote:
September wrote:

A reindeer farm is a house plot that has lots of reindeer on it.

They were possible because of two glitches, both now repaired in the latest two updates.

The Reindeer Glitch was a bug that meant if you visited a neighbour (eg Another Sim Town) whilst the Christmas Quest was active, you automatically got 3LP and a free reindeer. This happened on every visit, so some folk have literally thousands of free reindeer in their Pet Store.

The Pet Glitch was one that if you moved a family to another house, their pets went with them, and they also inherited any pets that were already at that house. By moving a family around a lot, you could get as many of those free reindeer on a plot as you wanted. The programmers have now changed it so you cannot move a family with pets, so unless you get rid of all the animals to other Sims or adopt them away, your family can't move.

If you spend about 10 minutes at a neighbours reindeer farm or other pet sanctuary, you will get quite a lot of Simoleons and LPs by just bursting the bubbles when they show up.

The optimum number of reindeer is about 50, as too many more means the game slows to a crawl on some devices, so you don't get any more bubbles for more reindeer.

I have a farm on the plot at the Eastside. It's the one without any building on it, and my Game Centre name is neildf, if you want to visit it.

Happy Simming:-)
Thanks a lot for the explanation! Too bad the glitch doesn't work anymore... I added you on gamecentre :)
calleighwolfe
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by calleighwolfe »

Woo! I've just started building my Arcade :D. Got the orb I needed like 10 minutes ago xD.
I'm on Facebook! Just ask ;)
It might take me a while to answer, but I will :)
Level 55. TV: 124,171,224
HFN: Starter House
Haunted House: 1 EastSide
Tutti Frutti Update
Signature updated on March 17th, 2022
indigoace
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by indigoace »

calleighwolfe wrote:
DiTori wrote:Can someone post what level 5 salaries are now for careers? Interested in knowing given the big bump they got for level 1.
Let's see. All my sims are in level 5 of their careers and I've updated already.

Teacher: I don't have any teachers :lol:. I hadn't noticed!
Politician: 12p-6 1,780 XP - 1220 Simoleons.
Musician 7p-2 1250 XP 1,750
Firefighter 9p-5 1,500 XP 1,500
Athlete 6a-11 1,200 XP 1,800
Artist 5p-12 1,740 XP 1,260
Real Estate 10a-3 1,475 XP 1,525
Scientist 10a-6 1,560 XP 1,440
Actor 10a-3 1,140 XP 1,860

And for the kids (don't know if the "salary" was increased, I don't remember the previous values)
Preteen: Level 10/10. 800 XP, 700 Simoleons
Teen: Level 7/7. 550 XP, 800 Simoleons.
I'm quoting everything because this post was so far back. Let me add to the list

Teacher 10am-3pm, 1955 XP, 1045 Simoleans
Scruffydogflame
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Scruffydogflame »

telemwill wrote:Quest "Life Dreams & Legacies" (using three star items only)

1. Call a friend (3min)
2. Send invitations on a computer (4hrs 48min)
3. Send 5 Sims to the Snow Park
4. Tend the bar in the Snow Park (Instant)
5. Order a cocktail at the cabin (30sec)
6. Ask Osiris about new inventions (14hrs 20min)
7. Open the Age Controller
8. Advance an adult Sim's age
9. Send a Sim to the Park
10. Examine the glowing orb (1day)
11. Give the Orb to a Senior
12. Open the Life Dreams menu
13. Fulfill a life dream (6hrs 24min)
14. Have a Senior ask Osiris for help (5min)
15. Tap on the Beach Arcade on the Island
16. Have a Senior ask Osiris for help (20sec)
17. Fulfill a life dream (6hrs 24min)
18. Have a scientific breakthrough in a bath (7hrs 12min)
19. Debunk theory of relativity while drinking tea (10hrs 40min)
20. Have a Senior grow Pumpkin (1day)
21. Bake Gingerbread Sims (6hrs)
22. Complete a circle of life
23. Have 4 Sims at a house
24. Be nice to a Sim (1min)
25. Have a baby (1 day)

There are seven days to complete the quest.

I have 8 million life points and completed this quest in 5 minutes.
Microdot
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Microdot »

Scruffydogflame wrote:
telemwill wrote:Quest "Life Dreams & Legacies" (using three star items only)

1. Call a friend (3min)
2. Send invitations on a computer (4hrs 48min)
3. Send 5 Sims to the Snow Park
4. Tend the bar in the Snow Park (Instant)
5. Order a cocktail at the cabin (30sec)
6. Ask Osiris about new inventions (14hrs 20min)
7. Open the Age Controller
8. Advance an adult Sim's age
9. Send a Sim to the Park
10. Examine the glowing orb (1day)
11. Give the Orb to a Senior
12. Open the Life Dreams menu
13. Fulfill a life dream (6hrs 24min)
14. Have a Senior ask Osiris for help (5min)
15. Tap on the Beach Arcade on the Island
16. Have a Senior ask Osiris for help (20sec)
17. Fulfill a life dream (6hrs 24min)
18. Have a scientific breakthrough in a bath (7hrs 12min)
19. Debunk theory of relativity while drinking tea (10hrs 40min)
20. Have a Senior grow Pumpkin (1day)
21. Bake Gingerbread Sims (6hrs)
22. Complete a circle of life
23. Have 4 Sims at a house
24. Be nice to a Sim (1min)
25. Have a baby (1 day)

There are seven days to complete the quest.

I have 8 million life points and completed this quest in 5 minutes.
You should know that everyone in this forum is playing the game by the rules.
I assume that when you have 8 million. LP's that you've hacked the game, and that is not allowed in accordance to the forum rules.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1279
Game #1: Lvl. 55 Desert Oasis Gamecenter
HFN=Starter House, GH=Museum Boulevard
Game #2: Lvl. 55 Desert Oasis Facebook & Google+
HFN=Starter House, GH=Firehouse Road
Contact information in my profile - Mention forum please