All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
calleighwolfe
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: Life Dreams and Legacies Quest

Post by calleighwolfe »

Amy J wrote: Hi September,
Yes the grey circle around the sims in the sim tracker is their timer. Once the ageing begins a green bar starts to fill the circle and when it nears the time they are ready to age up it turns red. It may be that even if you don't complete the quest, once the time for the quest has run out your sims will start to age anyway.
I was about to ask about this :). Thanks :D

Btw, I just got my 100th neighbor :D
I'm on Facebook! Just ask ;)
It might take me a while to answer, but I will :)
Level 55. TV: 124,171,224
HFN: Starter House
Haunted House: 1 EastSide
Tutti Frutti Update
Signature updated on March 17th, 2022
ussyberry
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by ussyberry »

rajcaz wrote:I found this forum after I updated to the new "life legacies etc" as I needed answers so I am new to this forum.

I have found through mucking around. Hopefully doesn't confuse anyone.

1. When someone dies or passes on through the ageing process thingy then all those friends, lovers, partners etc that are left behind no matter how inspired still mope around (ie... In mourning). To get them happy again follow this: a) have the sad sim find another sim and press on them as if to "chat, dance etc" and choose "reminisce" and it takes 32 secs to get them happy again. Or you can have a non sad sim "listen to reminisce" from the sad sim.

2. All sims can choose a personality only once.. Even the original ones... Here's how... Have your sim go to a wardrobe or dresser and "browse clothes".

Doing this has changed some of my sims to different occupations or hobbies to reflect life goals.

I will list as a guide what their previous occupation, current occupation (if changed), previous hobby, current hobby (if changed) and what their life goal is (not sure if this changes ongoing) And whether I chose geek or sporty for personality.

Caz Kumar: Adult Geek (I chose geek for this one as when I chose sporty on others then their hobbies changed and this one was the only one I had trying to unlock all the fishing levels) hobby and occupation currently unchanged. Life dream is to "Make fan movie with movie camera" which takes 10 hours 51 mins to complete (don't know how much percentage it will give towards bronze orb).

Santa Claus: Senior Geek. Hobby did not change. Life dream is to "read encyclopedia" from bookshelves which takes 3 hours. (don't know how much percentage it will give towards bronze orb).

Mrs Clause: Adult Geek: Occupation and hobby did not change yet. Hobby was diving however when I open the arcade then her hobby will have something to do with pinball machine as her life dream is "play pinball machines at the arcade" (don't know how much percentage it will give towards bronze orb).

Max Winfrey: Adult Geek: Occupation was an athlete. Life dream is to "work as a scientist" so is now a scientist" hobby is unchanged. (don't know how much percentage it will give towards bronze orb).

Oprah Winfrey: Adult Sporty: Occupation unchanged. Old hobby: "woodworking". New hobby is "Diving". Life dream is to "get to level 2 or higher in diving and then to show off moves". (don't know how much percentage it will give towards bronze orb). Rough guess is 1 hour gives 3%.

Chris Claus: Teen Sporty: teen idol (nothing changed yet) life goal is "read sports star's Bios which is in the teen bookshelf" which takes 3 hours and only gives 1% towards bronze orb. Also gives 1122xp (Higher if at own home).

Cool Dude: Adult Geek: Occupation and hobby unchanged. Life dream is to "complain on an Internet forum to become an internet icon". Which takes 7h 12m from a 3star computer and gives 3% towards bronze orb. Also give 1176xp (higher if at own home).

Peter Face: Adult Geek: Occupation and hobby unchanged. Life dream is the same as "Cool Dude" so see above.

Angela Winfrey: Adult Sporty. Occupation unchanged. Old Hobby: Ice Skating. New Hobby: Diving. Life dream is the same as 'Oprah Winfrey" so see above.

Sanjay Edwards: Adult Sporty. Occupation unchanged. Old Hobby: Ice Skating. New Hobby: Diving. Life dream is the same as "Oprah Winfrey" so see above.

Brett Stocks: Adult Geek. Occupation and Hobby unchanged. Life dream is to "calculate formulas on a blackboard" which takes 5h20m to complete and gives 2% towards bronze orb. Also gives 943xp (Higher if at own home)

Rachel Stocks: Adult Sporty. Occupation unchanged. Old hobby: Ghost Hunting. New hobby: Fishing. Life dream is "catch fish by fishing in the park" (don't know how much percentage it will give towards bronze orb).

Andrew Walker: Adult Sporty. Occupation unchanged. Old hobby: Ghost Hunting. New hobby: Ice Skating. Life dream is to "have a relaxing skate (9hrs) on the ice hockey rink"at the snow park (haven't tried at home yet). (don't know how much percentage it will give towards bronze orb).

Angelina Charlton: Adult Sporty. Occupation unchanged. Old hobby: Ghost Hunting. New hobby: Diving. Life dream is the same as "Oprah Winfrey. So see above.

Brad Parker: Adult Sporty. Occupation unchanged. Old Hobby: Ice Skating. New hobby: Diving. Life dream is "to spend as much time as possible diving at the swim centre" (don't know how much percentage it will give towards bronze orb).

Anastasia Dinghe: Adult Geek. Occupation and Hobby unchanged. Life dream is to "become a vampire expert by watching Ms Vampire Slayer" which takes 6h24m on 3star TV and gives 3% towards bronze orb. Also gives 1237xp (at own home).

Hazel Tonkin: Adult Geek: Old Occupation: Athlete. New Occupation: Scientist. Hobby unchanged. Life dream is "To work as a scientist". (don't know how much percentage it will give towards bronze orb).

Rose Stocks: Preteen Sporty: Life Dream is "Long Ride on inflatible animal" which takes 30minutes. (don't know how much percentage it will give towards bronze orb). Gives 135xp (higher at own home).

Leigh Winfrey: Toddler Sporty: Life dream is to have "Speedy Runnington read to me from children's bookshelf". Needs an adult sim to help with this and takes 3 hours to complete and gives 1% towards bronze orb. Also gives 481xp. (Used a 1 star book shelf. So it may take less time and give more xp from more expensive bookshelf)

Malcolm Winfrey: Toddler Geek. Had silver orb passed on from dearly departed "Kiran Edwards" May she now rest in peace. Life dream is to "watch Dr Whoozits on TV". Takes 2h24m on 3 star TV and gives sometimes 1% towards gold orb. Also gives 720xp.

Hopefully this has helped some. I am choosing now to go about this the long way and see where it takes me by completing the life dreams etc as best as can be done. All the ones that have had their hobbies unchanged and don't need them for anything... I am going to put as ghost hunters as takes less time to finish and more likely to get 5lp's quicker.

I don't think I will use LP's on the age controller for anything. But that being said... Never say never.

How have others found this new update? Was any of this useful?

GC: rajcaz

You have saved us all @rajcaz
ussyberry

GC: usmankkk
hiser1974

Post by hiser1974 »

Went to test it on my test game for a second time.
This time somehow the second task of 'Fulfill life dream got skipped which means that the life dream didn't fulfill.
And that I need to do it the normal, slow, way by doing the task over and over again with 1 time doing it giving 3%.
So that is about 32 times 6h:24M
I could continue with the quest line, it is just that I now have a bronze orb instead of a silver one.
Luckily it is a test game but if this would happen in my main game I would not be happy.
Because with the quest line you only have to sacrifice 1 sim for for a silver orb, while with normal game play you would need to sacrifice two.
LaRitournelle
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by LaRitournelle »

Maybe I'm completely missing where I am supposed to look but I went to "browse clothes" for my existing sims and I don't see any option to choose a personality.

ETA: Heh, I had to finish the Quest before I got the option. Sooo, problem solved!
Last edited by LaRitournelle on 15 Mar 2014, 19:34, edited 1 time in total.
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

Hufflepuff Karen wrote:<snip>I posted my dislike and why I am not updating on the SFP FB page, down rated the app rating, voted in all petitions / polls that were linked here or on FB, then I unliked the FB page. I can still read the comments but can't post unless I re-like the page, but I figured I have said my piece and de-friending them may have some effect if enough of us do it.
I unliked the Facebook page when the seniors came out, and still have posting ability. Maybe they changed posting requirements because of all the complaints. If I can't post, I will click "like," say what I have to say, and then unlike again.

I also did as Karen did, and have also written to several of my local news channels on Facebook and Twitter. Again, not going down without a fight.
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)
September
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by September »

Amy J wrote: Hi September,
Thanks a lot! You have really helped me, thank you :) I think that if I try to gather these orbs to get a platinum one, it would take me so much time that the sims I wanted to "save" have already passed away- unless I use sim points over and over again.

I read the FAQ as well, it was really helpful! I think I am not going to complete these goals. I don't have the extra menus (for dreams etcetera) yet, and I think I won't get them until I complete the goals. So I will try that out, and if it doesn't work... Oh well I think I can do without a singing salmon.
calleighwolfe
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by calleighwolfe »

I don't get the dreams thing :( so I'll just go with the flow :lol:

Btw, the green thing in the sim tracker... some pre-teens are closer to the end that some adults. Does this happen to you? what does it mean? I thought the older the sim was the closer they'd be to the end.
Tutti Frutti Update
hiser1974

Post by hiser1974 »

The younger sims age faster.
From pre-teen to teen takes about 5 days. From adult to senior it takes 18 days.
So that is why the timer fills up more rapidly for pre-teens.

Another annoying thing: the weekly goals reset when you update.
After the update my first weekly task is to play the arcade machine at the arcade.
I haven't even started the life dreams quest line :?
Once again I'm glad it is just my test game.
calleighwolfe
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by calleighwolfe »

hiser1974 wrote:The younger sims age faster.
From pre-teen to teen takes about 5 days. From adult to senior it takes 18 days.
So that is why the timer fills up more rapidly for pre-teens.

Another annoying thing: the weekly goals reset when you update.
After the update my first weekly task is to play the arcade machine at the arcade.
I haven't even started the life dreams quest line :?
Once again I'm glad it is just my test game.
Oh now I get it. The timer counts the time (haha redundant) until the next phase starts. I was thinking it was from craddle to grave :lol:, now it makes more sense. Thanks :)

Oh I never update (never never) while I'm building, before completing weekly goals, while my sims are at a neighbor's town, even if they're working or at school, or planting, everytime I update I let them walking around, just in case something crazy happens. So far it has worked.
Tutti Frutti Update
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

It's really starting to click... The dream goals are SUPPOSED to take up a lot time of your sims life, so that the player becomes willing to pay LPs for age reversal. They must be counting on our desire to give our sims actual lives on top of goals. So the player pays out LPs one way or another. Sneaky. :evil:
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)