"Road to Fame" and "Teen Idol"

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
hiser1974

Re: "Road to Fame" and "Teen Idol"

Post by hiser1974 »

Well, it isn't going smooth on android for me. As it is my test game that isn't a problem.
Things that happened: write x pieces of music. I don't know how the game counts but I needed to have my teen make music more times then the pieces of music there was asked for. I think you need to make the different notes for it to count? But even if I didn't have all 15 notes collected, the goal 'write 15 pieces of music' completed.
After that I was about to check on the Simtown sign and it is not on the map?!
Ow well, I'll reinstall and restore my backup. And then try again.

Edit: checked the map again and now the sign was there.
HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by HordePrime »

I can now see the 'Teen Idol Mansion" in the list of possible properties for a Premium Lot. It's still greyed out for me, but it says "Only famous teen idols can live here" which worries me slightly.

Has anyone tried relocating adult sims to one? Because I will be very disappointed if adults can't live there!

I guess we don't really get it "for free" since I have already spent 20LP on instruments and will almost certainly need to spend more later on. I'm happy to pay it as I have loads of LP, but for those that don't it might hurt more. You can get the cheaper instruments of course, but then it takes hours to get anywhere.
VanOsten
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by VanOsten »

I play on an iPad and also have no sound. I have completed everything including the sign but am afraid to mess with anything for fear of losing my game. A quick question.... is my teen idol the only one that can play an instrument? If so, why do we have so many instruments? It would be cool if another teen could have this hobby. Thanks
animagif
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by animagif »

VanOsten wrote:I play on an iPad and also have no sound. I have completed everything including the sign but am afraid to mess with anything for fear of losing my game. A quick question.... is my teen idol the only one that can play an instrument? If so, why do we have so many instruments? It would be cool if another teen could have this hobby. Thanks
Yes. Your idol is the only one that can play instruments. If another teen plays, he/she will rob your idol of his/her idol-ness and become a normal teen again. :D
bazlit on Game Center (not updated to simpocalypse)
HFN at starter house. Ghost hunting at 1 Museum Blvd.
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Hufflepuff Karen »

VanOsten wrote:I play on an iPad and also have no sound. I have completed everything including the sign but am afraid to mess with anything for fear of losing my game. A quick question.... is my teen idol the only one that can play an instrument? If so, why do we have so many instruments? It would be cool if another teen could have this hobby. Thanks
This is really frustrating - I have my teen composing, but I can't hear a darn thing! She has written her first 3 pieces and now it's telling us to write 6 more. We're still using our 3 star keyboard. Does she have to buy a guitar? We have guitars everywhere from the freebie thing. Should I keep writing on the keyboard? I sure wish they would fix the sound!! This has been really frustrating, I can't hear my notifications / alerts when they finish a task. All my other sound is fine - I can play music, watch Hulu, other apps that have sound work - but not SFP!!!
I think, therefore, I Sim! (Or I did before they told me to "harvest" them)
HFN at Starter House (22 West Side); Pools& pets at several homes
Ghost hunting 2 Museum Blvd
GC: Hufflepuff Karen
TV $330,648,445 on 03/12/2014; Lvl 48
Terar21
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Terar21 »

Hufflepuff Karen wrote:
This is really frustrating - I have my teen composing, but I can't hear a darn thing! She has written her first 3 pieces and now it's telling us to write 6 more. We're still using our 3 star keyboard. Does she have to buy a guitar? We have guitars everywhere from the freebie thing. Should I keep writing on the keyboard? I sure wish they would fix the sound!! This has been really frustrating, I can't hear my notifications / alerts when they finish a task. All my other sound is fine - I can play music, watch Hulu, other apps that have sound work - but not SFP!!!
I don't know about your sound issue, but you do have to switch to the guitar. the first 3 pieces are with the keyboard, the second 3 are with the guitar, the third 3 are with the drums, etc.
Game Center: terar21

HFN (with teen idol instruments): 1 East Oceanside
Woodworking/Fashion Designing: 12 West Side
Haunted House: 10 West Side
WEEZIE
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by WEEZIE »

I have received the road to fame quests; however, I cannot complete it. I purchased the keyboard but then I don't see anything that says write 3 songs or six songs nine songs etc. I don't have the requests for writing the music. It only says write music. Also, I don't have any instruments but the keyboard so how do I get the guitar etc.? I'm really lost. I've wasted Lps trying to speed it up but it says fifty percent for two days. Please help me.
WEEZIE
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by WEEZIE »

Nandireya wrote:So I guess mid-November is actually 1st day of November...

I was at 50% too...I'm guessing that was to get a teenager...bake the cake and all that...but it dropped down when I actually started.

Now...IIRC...
1. Buy magazines
2. Have teenager read tenn gossip mag
3. Have teen watch cat videos
4. Send teen to park
5. Make plan to get famous...on the blackboard incongruously placed on the pier

This unlocks the keyboards...unless I forgot something...one for simoleons...two for LPs...stars...different complete times...

6. Write music
How do you write the music? Mine says 50%. I keep playing the keyboard but nothing is happening. I'm getting soooo frustrated. It says write music. It doesn't say how much music I'm so confused. I fast forwarded by using Lps so she could play faster but nothing happened it still the same. Please help.
WEEZIE
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by WEEZIE »

hiser1974 wrote:Well, it isn't going smooth on android for me. As it is my test game that isn't a problem.
Things that happened: write x pieces of music. I don't know how the game counts but I needed to have my teen make music more times then the pieces of music there was asked for. I think you need to make the different notes for it to count? But even if I didn't have all 15 notes collected, the goal 'write 15 pieces of music' completed.
After that I was about to check on the Simtown sign and it is not on the map?!
Ow well, I'll reinstall and restore my backup. And then try again.

Edit: checked the map again and now the sign was there.
How do you know how many pieces of music to play? Mine says nothing
HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by HordePrime »

WEEZIE wrote:I have received the road to fame quests; however, I cannot complete it. I purchased the keyboard but then I don't see anything that says write 3 songs or six songs nine songs etc. I don't have the requests for writing the music. It only says write music. Also, I don't have any instruments but the keyboard so how do I get the guitar etc.? I'm really lost. I've wasted Lps trying to speed it up but it says fifty percent for two days. Please help me.
Once you've done the previous goals (reading the magazine, using the blackboard in the park etc.), you have to use the new keyboard to write a song. When finished, your sim should have the exclamation point above his/her head. Click this and it should tell you you have written a song. Once you've done the first one, it will ask you to do three. The one you have done counts, so you need two more. But those two have to be different - you need a total of 3 different songs, represented by the different notes you get on completion. Like other hobbies, sometimes you get a repetition of a song you've already done; this doesn't count.

So, you could get lucky and get a different one each of three times, or you could be unlucky and get the same one fifty times before you get a different one (though this is unlikely). I've written the same song three times now on the bass guitar! :x

Once you've written three songs on a keyboard, it unlocks the bass guitar and you have to write three more songs on that. This unlocks the drum kit, and you have to write three songs on that... and so on.
_____
Separate note to the people in charge: This forum really needs better spam prevention. I'm getting sick of seeing threads ruined by nonsensical drivel. Could something be done about this??