Is there a set date for the next update?

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
Simsational
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Is there a set date for the next update?

Post by Simsational »

Is there a set date for the next update? I want to make sure I have platinum orbs for the two personalities that I never finished before the next update. Thanks...
Level 55 - Newest Update | HFN at 3 West Oceanside - LOADED (no ghosts) | Fireworks, Inc.
5 Haunted Houses (many ghosts) | 2 Potion Brewing Cauldrons @ 1 Firehouse Rd next to CC
DelDel
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Re: Is there a set date for the next update?

Post by DelDel »

Towards the end of the posts on the topic "Crashing at Start-up on iPad" user JKCher contacted FM about a problem. In the reply FM said the problem would be fixed in the next update, but FM also stated that they don't know when that update will be.

So according to that I'd say that as of now there is no set date for the next update. Or at least not a date that they are sharing publicly yet. But if you're not finished with your platinum orbs by the time the update comes, you can always wait to update. Just make sure you have automatic updating turned off on your device.
Delphine
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by Delphine »

My bet would be before the end of June.
FB : Catalina Delphine (look for the squirrel ;) )
GC : DelphOrka
Updated, everything built but the volcano
(Please, don't look at my mistakes in English, my French iPad always puts capital letters and accents everywhere)
+.jana.+
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by +.jana.+ »

I'd guess that they will use 4th of July for some quest... maybe update... with fireworks as a reward? :)
👉 GC ID: +.jana.+ (mention Sims in requests)
🏡 House for neighbors: Left bottom corner of town - house with fireworks
👻 Haunted house: Mystery island, at Riches of Terra monument
💰 Monuments bonus: 410XP/$465 +102% chance; Goddess fully upgraded
Simsational
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Simsational »

Okay, thanks for your responses. I should be alright time-wise to finish everything on the island. :)
Level 55 - Newest Update | HFN at 3 West Oceanside - LOADED (no ghosts) | Fireworks, Inc.
5 Haunted Houses (many ghosts) | 2 Potion Brewing Cauldrons @ 1 Firehouse Rd next to CC
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

+.jana.+ wrote:I'd guess that they will use 4th of July for some quest... maybe update... with fireworks as a reward? :)
I doubt that. They've never done a 4th of July quest before and I don't see them using an United Sates-only holiday (and one celebrating independence at that) in a game that is played by people all over the world. Plus, they have already done a quest for fireworks (New Years 2014). Last year they just put the fireworks bundle for sale in the online store.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
+.jana.+
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by +.jana.+ »

well, mockingbird, they have done Labour day, which is observed in a different day of year in different countries, on May 1 :) also, I guess that the fireworks would return at some point...

anyway, we'll see :)
👉 GC ID: +.jana.+ (mention Sims in requests)
🏡 House for neighbors: Left bottom corner of town - house with fireworks
👻 Haunted house: Mystery island, at Riches of Terra monument
💰 Monuments bonus: 410XP/$465 +102% chance; Goddess fully upgraded
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

+.jana.+ wrote:well, mockingbird, they have done Labour day, which is observed in a different day of year in different countries, on May 1 :) also, I guess that the fireworks would return at some point...

You are right that they released a limited item for Labor day. But as you point out, it's a holiday in many, not just one, country. I suspect that this year they will do what they did last year, put the fireworks bundle for sale in the online store.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
chamilet
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by chamilet »

mockingbird288z wrote:
+.jana.+ wrote:well, mockingbird, they have done Labour day, which is observed in a different day of year in different countries, on May 1 :) also, I guess that the fireworks would return at some point...

You are right that they released a limited item for Labor day. But as you point out, it's a holiday in many, not just one, country. I suspect that this year they will do what they did last year, put the fireworks bundle for sale in the online store.
Several countries have their own Independence Day, even if it's not called that, so I don't see why they can't all celebrate on July 4, like we celebrated Labo(u)r day in May instead of September.
GC = chamilet (Glee characters) Please mention Sims
GC = LeslieGurun76 (Whovian characters) Please mention Sims
Pellaz
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Pellaz »

chamilet wrote:Several countries have their own Independence Day, even if it's not called that, so I don't see why they can't all celebrate on July 4, like we celebrated Labo(u)r day in May instead of September.
Sorry but that would make me personally feel very uncomfortable. International workers day is celebrated on may 1st by 80% of the worlds population. Independence Day is celebrated only in US and as far as I know only there on 4th july. Many countries have a day which has similar background (very important historical event that caused the formation/creation of their country, or end of occupation or war conflict etc.) and for the people its very important to remember it on the anniversary of that day and the celebrations and ceremonies have different form and symbolism in each country.
Last edited by Pellaz on 13 Jun 2015, 00:58, edited 1 time in total.