[QUEST] Night of the Candy Monsters

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
whoviandragon
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: [QUEST] Night of the Candy Monsters

Post by whoviandragon »

Does this quest start up as soon as you open the updated app?
INACTIVE ACCOUNT! ANY NEW POSTS AFTER 2/6/2020 ARE NOT FROM ME!

Hobby items across from Police Station!
Don't update anymore.

Courage cannot erase our fear. Courage is when we face our fears. - Davey Jacobs, Newsies
Smootie_Pops
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Smootie_Pops »

whoviandragon wrote:Does this quest start up as soon as you open the updated app?
From my experience, the quest popped up but it is up to you to choose "ok" to begin the quest. After which, it is on a timer for 8:23:58 that will give you costume packs.

Hope that helps.
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

For me, even without clicking ok, the countdown began.
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

I experienced it both ways. On my Android I got the screen showing that there was a new quest, the timer, and a place to click "Ok" but on my iPad that screen did not show up at all. But when I tapped on the "active tasks" button the quest was already there and the timer already started.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
mockingbird288z

Indignitory wrote:Any idea why I get only one candy from each scare? Or can it be because I used 3 sims at the same time hoping to finish the quest faster... I'm at part1 and I'm worried what will I do to 2nd part when I need to collect so many more candies and got no lps...
Like you, I used three sims at first to collect the candy. After viewing your post I added two more just in case. When my first three simmers were done they had only collected 1 candy each as well. :?
whoviandragon
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by whoviandragon »

mockingbird288z wrote:I experienced it both ways. On my Android I got the screen showing that there was a new quest, the timer, and a place to click "Ok" but on my iPad that screen did not show up at all. But when I tapped on the "active tasks" button the quest was already there and the timer already started.
Thanks to all three of you for answering. Is it like the sleepwear event... or just a regular old quest that I can start if I update later. Because I kinda want the costumes, but will not have time to do the quest until probably November.

Don't update anymore.

Courage cannot erase our fear. Courage is when we face our fears. - Davey Jacobs, Newsies
mockingbird288z

whoviandragon wrote:
mockingbird288z wrote:I experienced it both ways. On my Android I got the screen showing that there was a new quest, the timer, and a place to click "Ok" but on my iPad that screen did not show up at all. But when I tapped on the "active tasks" button the quest was already there and the timer already started.
Thanks to all three of you for answering. Is it like the sleepwear event... or just a regular old quest that I can start if I update later. Because I kinda want the costumes, but will not have time to do the quest until probably November.
I honestly have no idea and I don't feel comfortable telling you that you will be able to do it in November. While it's not like the Sleepwear event or the Christmas events where there is a definite end date to the quest and the timer for it at the least starts when you update....it just feels like an event quest to me.

For instance, there seems to be no requirement, the waiting between days has only been seen in event quests, and it is most definitely Halloween themed. Also,it's not been added to either the queued quest list or the discovery quest list on the FM website.

This quest confuses me completely. :?

Edit: Oh, and this quest doesn't unlock anything. Usually there is something you unlock (a hobby, a game feature) by doing the quests that are a permanent part of the game and the limited time prize is a bonus. Here there is just a limited time prize - there is nothing to unlock if you run out of time.
Simsational
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Simsational »

mockingbird288z wrote:
Glad I am not the only confused one, lol
Level 55 - Newest Update | HFN at 3 West Oceanside - LOADED (no ghosts) | Fireworks, Inc.
5 Haunted Houses (many ghosts) | 2 Potion Brewing Cauldrons @ 1 Firehouse Rd next to CC
whoviandragon
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by whoviandragon »

mockingbird288z wrote:
whoviandragon wrote:
I honestly have no idea and I don't feel comfortable telling you that you will be able to do it in November. While it's not like the Sleepwear event or the Christmas events where there is a definite end date to the quest and the timer for it at the least starts when you update....it just feels like an event quest to me.

For instance, there seems to be no requirement, the waiting between days has only been seen in event quests, and it is most definitely Halloween themed. Also,it's not been added to either the queued quest list or the discovery quest list on the FM website.

Edit: Oh, and this quest doesn't unlock anything. Usually there is something you unlock (a hobby, a game feature) by doing the quests that are a permanent part of the game and the limited time prize is a bonus. Here there is just a limited time prize - there is nothing to unlock if you run out of time.
Ah, okay. Like the Thanksgiving and Christmas event quests. Now I understand. Don't worry, the costumes weren't that big a deal for me to update, mainly the GP saving feature is what's going to make me update.

Don't update anymore.

mockingbird288z

whoviandragon wrote: Ah, okay. Like the Thanksgiving and Christmas event quests. Now I understand. Don't worry, the costumes weren't that big a deal for me to update, mainly the GP saving feature is what's going to make me update.
I can't say for 100% that is what it is either. Maybe it's an update-specific limited time event. Something you will be able to do as long as you update to Monsters and Magic but if you skip the update you won't get it. Hopefully for you, and others, that is the case! I have messaged the Sims FreePlay Facebook page and asked them directly what this quest is but I am not holding my breath for a response.