Marketplace Events - Chat & Info

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
ErinPW

Re: Marketplace Events - Chat & Info

Post by ErinPW »

HordePrime wrote: 04 Aug 2019, 09:55 Is there info anywhere on when the marketplace events happen? - Is it random and/or does it depend on how many you've already done?
Is there also a list of possible prizes available from them?
I'm not keeping track of when they happen. It's just, one is over and the next one will start a few days later.

Not sure if we have a list :? Some of the repeating prizes are robocat and -dog, big sculptures from the decoration sections, time extensions. There are more, but I don't remember.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Thuraya
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Thuraya »

HordePrime wrote: 04 Aug 2019, 09:55 Is there info anywhere on when the marketplace events happen? - Is it random and/or does it depend on how many you've already done?
Normal marketplace events start once a week, always on the same day, last for six days with one day break till the next event starts. In my game they start on Tuesday at 9:00 CEST. There are exceptions for events with special prizes, those can last longer.

The main prizes include the black piano, the living teddy bear, a moveable skate ramp (different from the one in the "Pro Skater's Dream Pad" lot, but same size and same actions), a rocket ship ride for toddlers (same as the one in the Carnival) and romantic nightwear for adults. These prizes can appear randomly with any of the normal marketplace events. The prizes are unlocked, so you get one for free and the ability to buy more in the Home Store. Most of the other prizes are stuff already buyable in game and you just get one for free.

The prizes for special events that were offered at a set time for every player (not randomly) are listed here, scroll down to "Marketplace Events".
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

I am not aware of any publicized schedule. Seems like everyone has an event start at the same time, regardless of player level.

Prizes usually seem totally random to me. Although events start at the same time, players will get different prize offers (both progress and final prizes will differ) and different costs to succeed.

Sometimes, if you have missed out on a final prize in a previous quest, that will be your final prize offer. Which is a great second chance.

If you have all the prizes already, it will be a time extension, robo pet, or some high SP cost item. (The prize pool is greatly in need of updating. Seems like I've seen all of them dozens of times.)

Occasionally, to great rejoycing, there will be an event with a new item as a prize and everyone will get the same final prize offer.
annarose
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by annarose »

My current marketplace event is WHITE STRETCH SUV Event .... 12 days. Is this a new one??
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

annarose wrote: 05 Dec 2019, 00:52 My current marketplace event is WHITE STRETCH SUV Event .... 12 days. Is this a new one??
It's a new prize at marketplace events.

I'm not doing this event, because the car also comes with the Dance Party house that is unlocked by completing the Dance Party Live Event. I don't think I'll need it at the car dealer :)
iOS 17.4.1

3luv4eva3
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by 3luv4eva3 »

ErinPW wrote: 05 Dec 2019, 08:50
annarose wrote: 05 Dec 2019, 00:52 My current marketplace event is WHITE STRETCH SUV Event .... 12 days. Is this a new one??
It's a new prize at marketplace events.

I'm not doing this event, because the car also comes with the Dance Party house that is unlocked by completing the Dance Party Live Event. I don't think I'll need it at the car dealer :)
I'm still hoping that the event will come back one day.
SFP: Level 55
VIP: Level 12
Version 5.76.0 - Live, Laugh, Loft

'low key' gamer, writer and binge watcher
Tartanfairy
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Tartanfairy »

After the white SUV event I got the black dishwasher event, which I was happy about as it’s the first time I’ll have a dishwasher in my town.

But now I’ve got another 12 day event for a metal ring fountain. Has anyone else got 3 x 12 day events in a row. At this rate I’ll never finish updating my workplaces!!!
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Tartanfairy wrote: 08 Jan 2020, 08:48 After the white SUV event I got the black dishwasher event, which I was happy about as it’s the first time I’ll have a dishwasher in my town.

But now I’ve got another 12 day event for a metal ring fountain. Has anyone else got 3 x 12 day events in a row. At this rate I’ll never finish updating my workplaces!!!
Lately it happens that one event is over and the next one starts right away. Usually the prizes repeat, so if you don't want this fountain right now, you could ignore the event this time and work on updating the workplaces instead.
iOS 17.4.1

chamilet
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by chamilet »

I'm pretty much not doing any of them until my workplaces are complete.
GC = chamilet (Glee characters) Please mention Sims
GC = LeslieGurun76 (Whovian characters) Please mention Sims
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

The marketplace events are also a little easier the more upgraded your workplace is. The percentage of the workplace completion affects the amount of points you get for the box.