[QUEST] Missing Claus

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: [QUEST] Missing Claus

Post by SKatF »

chamilet wrote: 25 Dec 2018, 07:19 *sigh* Got home from the Christmas Eve church service and thought I only had fifteen minutes to finish up but the timer said I had an hour and thirty minutes left so I went to go and change. When I sat down to play it said it was over and I'd missed out. I'd played all through the sermon and gotten my Sims to the celebration at the farmhouse. I guess the timer hadn't caught up and I missed out. What a waste of thirteen days.
I am so sorry. I missed the final prize last Christmas by an hour or so, as my mom was hospitalized. I did enjoy the items I earned along the way, and fortunately the quest was repeated so I got the ski lodge eventually.

But I do wish they would build in some leeway during these holiday events. Either let you catch up for a day or two or let you work ahead if you know you won't be able to play the next day.
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by randy_thrandy »

SKatF wrote: 25 Dec 2018, 09:46
chamilet wrote: 25 Dec 2018, 07:19 *sigh* Got home from the Christmas Eve church service and thought I only had fifteen minutes to finish up but the timer said I had an hour and thirty minutes left so I went to go and change. When I sat down to play it said it was over and I'd missed out. I'd played all through the sermon and gotten my Sims to the celebration at the farmhouse. I guess the timer hadn't caught up and I missed out. What a waste of thirteen days.
I am so sorry. I missed the final prize last Christmas by an hour or so, as my mom was hospitalized. I did enjoy the items I earned along the way, and fortunately the quest was repeated so I got the ski lodge eventually.

But I do wish they would build in some leeway during these holiday events. Either let you catch up for a day or two or let you work ahead if you know you won't be able to play the next day.
i feel you both!! i agree they should allow some leeway and let you play ahead instead of having to wait for the next day, it's so annoying and awful. i mean, it is the holidays, it could be their christmas gift to us to let us /breathe/ during this quest! :x

i freaked out yesterday, with mere 8 hours on the timer and stuck on the godawful 12 hour long feast task with 6 sims. i had to spend an hour doing the cooking hobby to get enough LPs to wrap the thing up this morning at 7 am. it was utterly awful and i hate this game (and my unhealthy addiction with it ^^'). people have real lives! EA should be aware of that and allow us some room to breathe. not everyone can afford to spend billions of the darn LPs on every single itty bitty quest or event. -.- i guess it's designed that way to make people spend money on the resources such as LPs and stuff but it's real low of them to do that since the whole thing is called sims FREEplay. Free my a**.

anyway, it's christmas and we're not supposed to be angry on this day so i wish you (and also the EA/firemonkeys, bless their stupid greedy hearts) a wonderful, peaceful christmas with lots of nice food and sweets! May you feel loved, today and every other day. Merry christmas!! <33
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

I had to finish with lps too. We have lots of family events as well as the Christmas Eve service at church. I want to enjoy being with family and friends, not messing with my phone. So, yes, if I did not have a stash of lps stashed, I would not have finished.

Ruth
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
dee simmer
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by dee simmer »

I usually don’t complain about quests and events and I rarely use LPs to speed the events, but this quest was almost impossible without using LPs. I also had to rely on LPs to complete the quest. I really hated tasks that required me to collect certain number of stuff with a limited number of sims. I hope they make the quests a little easier next time.
2018 Holiday Update
iOS 11.2.5

Facebook:- Daphne Natsai Maruta
HFN:- 3 East Side, includes Cat and Dog
HH:- Volcano View
Kassandra
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Kassandra »

dee simmer wrote: 25 Dec 2018, 17:08this quest was almost impossible without using LPs.
Ten days before the Missing Santa was released, one could already find a very helpful quest warning online. For better orientation I converted it into an excel sheet. Marked all the critical spots and already calculated the necessary LP before the new seasonal quest had begun. Therefore was able to spend an hour here and there to unlock more LPs via the cooking hobby to up my chances to unlock everything at the first try.

Was it annoying? Yes. Will I do it again? Most likely.

As a f2p I need to play strategically to successfully unlock stuff in events. After all the game is supposed to create revenue. In my opinion it's a blessing that we are able to unlock the required premium currencies in-game via investing our time in the first place. Other games will force you to spend real-life money to achieve time limited rewards without offering alternatives.

To unlock everything I used a total amount of 70 LPs and some very delicate time management. A quest takes 2 hours 15 minutes to finish? I waited 16 minutes to get the timer down to 1 hour 59 Minutes. Used a single LP to unlock instead of the initial 2 it would have taken. Took me two years to start using my brain in this game, but it worked! :lol:
Level 55 - Seniors quest
HanaV47
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by HanaV47 »

Having stuff that scales in price like floors and wallpaper cost LP/SP is just cruel.
GC: HanaV47
LVL 55
Pool Paradise Update
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

I always just use LP on the last day to speed up actions. And a few here and there if it made a big enough dent in the timing (like getting to set a long task at night). I probably used about 20LP-25LP. The last day is when I always use a lot of LP. Even the 30 minute action - got that speed up so I could set my sims on the 12 hour task right away. Then I used 6LPs to speed up the actions when the time got to less than 2 hours. And then 4 LP for the last task.

Sorry for those who ran into trouble and couldn't finish the quest. Hopefully they will repeat this one like they did the Snow Problem quest. Or bring all the furniture back in a hobby event like they did with the gingerbread furniture.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
parakiss
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by parakiss »

This is easily the quest that I spent the most LPs on. I did set alarm for tasks but it still requires me spending LP to catch up with the timers.
I built the house on standard lot, didn't seem much different compared to premium lot imo.
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/yukaricovetta (please indicate you're sfp player before adding)
HFN aka SP house : Starter House @ 22 West Side

Poolside Paradise Update
dee simmer
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by dee simmer »

Kassandra wrote: 25 Dec 2018, 19:57
dee simmer wrote: 25 Dec 2018, 17:08this quest was almost impossible without using LPs.
Ten days before the Missing Santa was released, one could already find a very helpful quest warning online. For better orientation I converted it into an excel sheet. Marked all the critical spots and already calculated the necessary LP before the new seasonal quest had begun. Therefore was able to spend an hour here and there to unlock more LPs via the cooking hobby to up my chances to unlock everything at the first try.

Was it annoying? Yes. Will I do it again? Most likely.

As a f2p I need to play strategically to successfully unlock stuff in events. After all the game is supposed to create revenue. In my opinion it's a blessing that we are able to unlock the required premium currencies in-game via investing our time in the first place. Other games will force you to spend real-life money to achieve time limited rewards without offering alternatives.

To unlock everything I used a total amount of 70 LPs and some very delicate time management. A quest takes 2 hours 15 minutes to finish? I waited 16 minutes to get the timer down to 1 hour 59 Minutes. Used a single LP to unlock instead of the initial 2 it would have taken. Took me two years to start using my brain in this game, but it worked! :lol:
I actually used fewer LPs in the quest, about 7 or so. And you are absolutely right about the game being awesome in allowing us to earn in game currency. It's just that i actually like playing the game versus speeding through tasks. I guess the real blessing in the quest is that we received information on the quest beforehand so we could plan and that we could just grind for LPs. I should count my blessings, lol.

I am going to build the farmhouse and hold a country-style wedding. I hope i am not too greedy by hoping for better clothes for senior sims
2018 Holiday Update
iOS 11.2.5

Facebook:- Daphne Natsai Maruta
HFN:- 3 East Side, includes Cat and Dog
HH:- Volcano View
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by randy_thrandy »

HanaV47 wrote: 25 Dec 2018, 22:41 Having stuff that scales in price like floors and wallpaper cost LP/SP is just cruel.
hollllllly crap, which ones?? i must've missed the prices or sth. are they positively insane???? house decor you gotta unlock through through a tedious and painstaking process and it COSTS LPs and SPs ???? :evil:
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~