[LIVE EVENT] Sophisticated Socialite

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
chamilet
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: [LIVE EVENT] Sophisticated Socialite

Post by chamilet »

So if I have leftover stock in my stations, does it stick around for the next event or should I just start fresh?
GC = chamilet (Glee characters) Please mention Sims
GC = LeslieGurun76 (Whovian characters) Please mention Sims
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

chamilet wrote: 11 Feb 2019, 15:45 So if I have leftover stock in my stations, does it stick around for the next event or should I just start fresh?
If you just leave your stations where they are, they should pick up at the stock level you left them at next time. That's what I do and it cuts down a wee bit on restocking.
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
chamilet
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by chamilet »

simmare wrote: 11 Feb 2019, 19:19
chamilet wrote: 11 Feb 2019, 15:45 So if I have leftover stock in my stations, does it stick around for the next event or should I just start fresh?
If you just leave your stations where they are, they should pick up at the stock level you left them at next time. That's what I do and it cuts down a wee bit on restocking.
Thanks!
GC = chamilet (Glee characters) Please mention Sims
GC = LeslieGurun76 (Whovian characters) Please mention Sims
Pellaz
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Pellaz »

Oh my. I ended up missing 10k of glass / 130 SPs even tho I played every day including in my work and also waking up at night just to play 😣 How do you guys do it...
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Pellaz wrote: 12 Feb 2019, 02:49 Oh my. I ended up missing 10k of glass / 130 SPs even tho I played every day including in my work and also waking up at night just to play 😣 How do you guys do it...
I'll be honest - I use a lot of SP. Having played this game for so long I'm in a position where I can use SP without too much worry. I used a lot in the winter update so I'm at my lowest amount of SP in over two years so I used less in this event than I normally would but I still used hundreds of SP. I use SP instead of setting alarms and staying up late/waking up early to reset actions. Basically I use the SP to take the stress out. Because I didn't start out with as much SP as I usually do I was more cautious and tried to keep track of the time a lot more so I didn't spend as much SP as I have in the past and I finished with 4 hours to go. If not for the SP it would have been a lot more stressful and I wouldn't have finished it.

I started using SP more liberally when I realized these live events were going to just keep coming. It's too much work and stress for a game otherwise. But I know not everyone is in the same position as me.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

Pellaz wrote: 12 Feb 2019, 02:49 Oh my. I ended up missing 10k of glass / 130 SPs even tho I played every day including in my work and also waking up at night just to play 😣 How do you guys do it...
I have an easier time than most since I am retired and all my children are adults. So during the week I can do the shortest time frame and get stuff done in between. I don't stay up nights, but do the longest time frame then. I try not to have to restock at night, even if I have to do a longer time during the day.

Weekends are harder for me since I am out of the house more, but I do my best. I always meet the daily goals. Sometimes I have bought Laura's help, but didn't do that this time. I do spend some SP, but this time probably 35 in all counting those I spent restocking glassware. I have spent more. I tend to be stingy with SP though.

Ruth
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
3luv4eva3
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by 3luv4eva3 »

With SFP, I always save up my Simoleons, LPs and SPs to a certain benchmark that I've set and vowed to not go below that mark. For example, I currently have over two million simoleons and over two hundred LPs - I get super stressed when I spend those and go below those marks because I save them for a reason (especially with the new Deals tab in the game). It's just nice to have those funds as backup.

I've always struggled with getting SP. I've never had over 100 SPs at any time in the game even though I save and save and save to reach that benchmark. It always has been a case of 'spend 'em, then save 'em' for me which is highly annoying. The only things I've spent with them are those SP windows and doors, and maybe the odd item that pops up in the store on special. It was highly frustrating spending those SPs on this Live Event...

I remember when I was down to 3 SPs about five months ago and I was super-stressed because they aren't easy to come by in this game. I even contemplated buying some to get to a comfortable point for me. Thank goodness for those Social Goals, but I don't feel that it's enough nowadays with these Live Events literally being thrown at us.
SFP: Level 55
VIP: Level 12
Version 5.76.0 - Live, Laugh, Loft

'low key' gamer, writer and binge watcher
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

I'm sort of in the same boat as Mockingbird.

I do get social point seeds from VIP that help a lot. Even when the game goes not have an event, and I might not play much, I try to check in daily and collect my mailbox gifts, which include the seeds.

If I get enough LP, I sometimes spin for SP. I earn LP from hobbies, like cooking and diving and aerobics.

Because I've been playing a long time, I don't build as much from scratch, just redecorate occasionally. I have a lot in inventory when I do. So I'm not spending as many LP and SP on things for the house that newer players might be tempted by.

It is easier for long time players who have accumulated stuff, have a full number of sims, and those who have time to play a lot.
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

The SP spin used to require a lot less LP. That was when I built up my stash of SP, which is over 2000. I have now reached a higher VIP level and have the free daily spin. Up to that point I would do cooking marathons, earn twice the number of LP needed for the spin, keep half and use half for the spin. I would do this in the evenings while watching Netflix.

I only consider the amount of SP above 2000 as spendable. I mainly use them if I have to have an SP item in building, and I am also slowly trying to buy all the mall clothing. But I use the same guidelines, I have to earn twice as much SP as the item costs before I buy it. That way I always have some available to spend to finish events if needed.

I am still stingy with them and refuse to buy items that cost lots of SP. In this game even large amounts of SP can go quickly, so I keep my baseline amount just in case.

Ruth
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
Pellaz
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Pellaz »

Thank you all for advices. I was never good at accumulating SPs. The most SPs I ever had was 150 just because I traded my precious LPs only to spend all of them on a similar event (out of fear that I wouldn't be able to get the prizes). Now at least I know these events occasionally return.

After reading your posts, I decided to invest into this game and get to the VIP level offering free daily spin. As much as I dislike spending money on games, I think my time and sleep is much more valuable. Thank you very much ❤