[LIVE EVENT] Sophisticated Socialite

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
mockingbird288z

Re: [LIVE EVENT] Sophisticated Socialite

Post by mockingbird288z »

I'm stumped. Cause I always thought it didn't count for everyone. :? I remember strategizing with others on how to work around it. Like not opening up the event menu after you've unlocked a CCs or SP prize until after your daily goals have reset so that the prize you unlocked counts for the new day's goals. Cause otherwise there are some long gaps between prizes and I like to save buying a prize to meet that goal for when I absolutely have to.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Kassandra
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Kassandra »

When something is about to unlock and I switch tabs too quickly, before the game has finished processing it and showing the animation, it gets aborted and doesn't count. This bug has been in my game forever. Excitement overrides patience so I still had this happen in the current event, too.
Level 55 - Seniors quest
chamilet
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by chamilet »

I don't have to purchase the item to get credit for it in the daily goals.
GC = chamilet (Glee characters) Please mention Sims
GC = LeslieGurun76 (Whovian characters) Please mention Sims
Amathyse
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Amathyse »

parakiss wrote: 02 Feb 2019, 07:16
Amathyse wrote: 01 Feb 2019, 22:49
mockingbird288z wrote: 31 Jan 2019, 23:14
3luv4eva3 wrote: 30 Jan 2019, 20:40 I'm finding that the Pottery, Jewelry, etc, required for everything seems to be up more than normal or is that just me?
They are all definitely higher than they have been lately. More like what the requirements were when these types of events were new. I was very surprised by the requirements. Especially the glassware. That's a lot of glassware to collect from the last station we unlock.
I have a spreadsheet that I use to track these events and make sure I can collect enough resources. My current numbers show that there isn't enough time to collect the glass wear (I use (2.5 * 5) + (8.5) as it give me a little leeway). Taking my numbers and crunching them a bit (allowing for stocking but not for bonuses) you need 7 days at 2.5 hrs, 8.4 days at 4.5, 9.4 at 6.5, and 11 at 8.5. So I'm thinking that if you haven't unlocked the glass wear station at 8 days left, you can't do it unless you set your alarm. :o :x Between this and the noisy popup ads - it might be time to take a break and go explore I Love Nicki dressup queen. it sounds like fun. Has anyone played it? :twisted:
Oh my, guess its true when people said the requirements are higher than usual for this event (I skipped the pug event so I haven't noticed before).
On side note, I haven't played Love Nicki but I do play Covet Fashion (another dress up game with real-life brands). Lots of Covet Fashion players are playing Love Nicki too but somehow it's not available in my country :roll:
I skipped most of the last update, including the pug event, as I found it boring and I didn't care about the items. I'm finding this one to be a bit tedious and am not sure how much I'll do. This is supposed to be fun, but doing the same actions for well over a week and I'm still not sure if I can collect enough items to finish, plus the having the gamble and see if I can get enough coins, just isn't fun. In addition my social goal (in one game of three) is craft a wood object which I've been working on for weeks. I might go for the gingerbread house on the one game that doesn't have it yet, but I will likely pass on the rest. It's just not worth the time they want us to invest. I'd rather be making stuff in real life.

I haven't heard of covert fashion. I'll check that out. Alot of how much I like a game is in how it looks. Freeplay is great for that and one reason I keep coming back.
parakiss
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by parakiss »

Amathyse wrote: 07 Feb 2019, 00:50
parakiss wrote: 02 Feb 2019, 07:16
Amathyse wrote: 01 Feb 2019, 22:49
mockingbird288z wrote: 31 Jan 2019, 23:14
3luv4eva3 wrote: 30 Jan 2019, 20:40 I'm finding that the Pottery, Jewelry, etc, required for everything seems to be up more than normal or is that just me?
They are all definitely higher than they have been lately. More like what the requirements were when these types of events were new. I was very surprised by the requirements. Especially the glassware. That's a lot of glassware to collect from the last station we unlock.
I have a spreadsheet that I use to track these events and make sure I can collect enough resources. My current numbers show that there isn't enough time to collect the glass wear (I use (2.5 * 5) + (8.5) as it give me a little leeway). Taking my numbers and crunching them a bit (allowing for stocking but not for bonuses) you need 7 days at 2.5 hrs, 8.4 days at 4.5, 9.4 at 6.5, and 11 at 8.5. So I'm thinking that if you haven't unlocked the glass wear station at 8 days left, you can't do it unless you set your alarm. :o :x Between this and the noisy popup ads - it might be time to take a break and go explore I Love Nicki dressup queen. it sounds like fun. Has anyone played it? :twisted:
Oh my, guess its true when people said the requirements are higher than usual for this event (I skipped the pug event so I haven't noticed before).
On side note, I haven't played Love Nicki but I do play Covet Fashion (another dress up game with real-life brands). Lots of Covet Fashion players are playing Love Nicki too but somehow it's not available in my country :roll:
I skipped most of the last update, including the pug event, as I found it boring and I didn't care about the items. I'm finding this one to be a bit tedious and am not sure how much I'll do. This is supposed to be fun, but doing the same actions for well over a week and I'm still not sure if I can collect enough items to finish, plus the having the gamble and see if I can get enough coins, just isn't fun. In addition my social goal (in one game of three) is craft a wood object which I've been working on for weeks. I might go for the gingerbread house on the one game that doesn't have it yet, but I will likely pass on the rest. It's just not worth the time they want us to invest. I'd rather be making stuff in real life.

I haven't heard of covert fashion. I'll check that out. Alot of how much I like a game is in how it looks. Freeplay is great for that and one reason I keep coming back.
The events can be tiring if it's almost back-to-back and the prizes costs way too much. I am mostly aiming to complete the French Romance event that I havent't completed last year. As for the social goal, I was stuck in making weird ornaments task for weeks too until I had enough and just spend 10 LP to skip it (should've done it earlier imo)
Covet Fashion and SFP are the only games I really spend time on, I love both of their community and has learnt a lot from them :)
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/yukaricovetta (please indicate you're sfp player before adding)
HFN aka SP house : Starter House @ 22 West Side

Poolside Paradise Update
garishplum
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by garishplum »

So I am not going to finish this event. The prizes are meh. What happens when you don’t finish an event and it reruns? Do you have to start all over or do you start where you left off?
Level 55!
GC: garishplum
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

garishplum wrote: 07 Feb 2019, 17:09 So I am not going to finish this event. The prizes are meh. What happens when you don’t finish an event and it reruns? Do you have to start all over or do you start where you left off?
With live events like this, you start where you left off.

Ruth
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

telemwill wrote: 07 Feb 2019, 19:07
garishplum wrote: 07 Feb 2019, 17:09 So I am not going to finish this event. The prizes are meh. What happens when you don’t finish an event and it reruns? Do you have to start all over or do you start where you left off?

Ruth
So all the stations are already unlocked, if they were previously?
3luv4eva3
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by 3luv4eva3 »

copperwood wrote: 07 Feb 2019, 20:06

Ruth
I'm pretty sure they will be.
SFP: Level 55
VIP: Level 12
Version 5.76.0 - Live, Laugh, Loft

'low key' gamer, writer and binge watcher
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

3luv4eva3 wrote: 07 Feb 2019, 20:51
copperwood wrote: 07 Feb 2019, 20:06

Ruth
I'm pretty sure they will be.
Yes, it was for me last time it happened. There's no guarantee it won't change, of course, but I don't see a reason it would.

Ruth
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.