Grand Garages Update - Changes

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: Grand Garages Update - Changes

Post by copperwood »

alsie27 wrote: 20 Mar 2019, 06:04 Does anyone know how the new pregnancy packs work? It says 6 days before the first one is available, does that mean I should have started an event three days ago to get it, should I start it now or wait until it’s available? I couldn’t find a discussionon this.
I'm pretty sure in make 2's video it said for the first pack we have to start the pregnancy event between March 26th up to April 3rd. To get all 3 packs we have to complete 3 pregnancy events back to back.
alsie27
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by alsie27 »

Thanks, copperwood, that makes sense! So no hurry to start it yet. Not sure I’m going to do all three but at least one or two.
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by randy_thrandy »

on the topic of pregnancy events, i started a pregnancy event 3 days ago and am now wondering what might happen.

in my opinion tho, it's not important whether you do an event or not, as long as you have the coin to buy the packs when they become avaliable. i don't, hence the pregnancy event. trying to earn some coins to buy that one crib that caught my eye. :D ...not that i will ever at all use it then after all bc i rarely keep babies around in the game for long but ... y'know. the things we do for the /aesthetics/. :lol:
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

randy_thrandy wrote: 20 Mar 2019, 12:32 on the topic of pregnancy events, i started a pregnancy event 3 days ago and am now wondering what might happen.

in my opinion tho, it's not important whether you do an event or not, as long as you have the coin to buy the packs when they become avaliable. i don't, hence the pregnancy event. trying to earn some coins to buy that one crib that caught my eye. :D ...not that i will ever at all use it then after all bc i rarely keep babies around in the game for long but ... y'know. the things we do for the /aesthetics/. :lol:
To unlock these you have to complete 1 pregnancy event per pack. What I don't like is that all the furniture and decorative items you unlock seem to cost LP's and SP's. Hopefully we get at least 1 free.
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by randy_thrandy »

copperwood wrote: 20 Mar 2019, 14:48
randy_thrandy wrote: 20 Mar 2019, 12:32 on the topic of pregnancy events, i started a pregnancy event 3 days ago and am now wondering what might happen.

To unlock these you have to complete 1 pregnancy event per pack. What I don't like is that all the furniture and decorative items you unlock seem to cost LP's and SP's. Hopefully we get at least 1 free.
oh i see, so, if i understand correctly, we have to start the event when the pack becomes avaliable? on that precise day? and get the baby bonus in order to get the pack? i'm so sorry, this just has me soooo confused now. ^^'
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

You have to start the first pregnancy event anytime from March 26 to April 3. And to get all packs it's 3 pregnancy events back to back. And I'm pretty sure you have to earn the baby bonus to unlock the packs. Make 2 has a video of the items we get and their prices.
Kristenv1980
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Kristenv1980 »

copperwood wrote: 21 Mar 2019, 00:07 You have to start the first pregnancy event anytime from March 26 to April 3. And to get all packs it's 3 pregnancy events back to back. And I'm pretty sure you have to earn the baby bonus to unlock the packs. Make 2 has a video of the items we get and their prices.
Does anyone know if we’ll still earn coins for the Maternity Store in addition to the limited time packs? Or do we just get the limited time packs for completing the pregnancy event?
GC: Kristenv1980 -- You can find my fully stocked House for Neighbors in my Starter Home
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Kristenv1980 wrote: 21 Mar 2019, 03:03
copperwood wrote: 21 Mar 2019, 00:07 You have to start the first pregnancy event anytime from March 26 to April 3. And to get all packs it's 3 pregnancy events back to back. And I'm pretty sure you have to earn the baby bonus to unlock the packs. Make 2 has a video of the items we get and their prices.
Does anyone know if we’ll still earn coins for the Maternity Store in addition to the limited time packs? Or do we just get the limited time packs for completing the pregnancy event?
I'm sure we will. I don't see why they would remove that part of the pregnancy event just because we have an extra prize for getting the baby bonus.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by randy_thrandy »

mockingbird288z wrote: 21 Mar 2019, 05:53
Kristenv1980 wrote: 21 Mar 2019, 03:03
I'm sure we will. I don't see why they would remove that part of the pregnancy event just because we have an extra prize for getting the baby bonus.
thank you all for the info!! i didn't understand this at all apparently when i first got the notification in the game. :lol:
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~
bluebeariscool
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bluebeariscool »

The pregnancy thing is so overrated for me. I have slowly plugged away at getting the furniture packs and I’m most of the way through that. I’m not interested in the clothes so I haven’t bothered with those. I hope the new packs are furniture. I don’t tend to grind with a pregnant sim.....I’m taking the long slow road to getting there in the end.

On a separate note I do find it slightly old Skool that pregnant sims can’t work or do hobbies. How olde worlde is that?? It has to be a man that thought that one out :roll:
GC: bluebeariscool
HFN: Starter House has fire pole, oven Fire, dirty pool and everything else needed for social tasks (I think)