[Event] Pregnancy Event

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
Tartanfairy
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Requirements for pregnancy event

Post by Tartanfairy »

I’ve just come back to SFP after a break of a year or so. I did one of the maternity events before I stopped but I think that was what ‘broke me’ and I stopped playing. I’m thinking of trying the current maternity event but I’m not sure if I have enough resources/time between other events.
I’m level 55 and have 31 sims. Most are working on getting life orbs so I can open the arcade and entertainment tent locations. I also missed the grand garages event and urban furniture event when they were on previously so I’ll be doing them in a few days time.
I’ve got 1.4 million simoleans and I’m trying to save to get 3 million simoleans to open the pet salon. I’ve also got 33 life points and 10 social points.
I wanted to know if I should pass on the maternity event to focus on the grand garage and urban furniture events?
Tartanfairy
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: [Event] Pregnancy Event

Post by Tartanfairy »

I’ve just looked at The Girl Who Games and she said the maternity events can only be done if you’re not doing anything else at the same time. It also took her 121 life points to complete the doctor and yoga appointments. So I guess I’ll be skipping this pregnancy event and wait for another one when I don’t have other events at the same time (and save up enough life points).
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Tartanfairy wrote: 15 Nov 2019, 16:22 I’ve just come back to SFP after a break of a year or so. I did one of the maternity events before I stopped but I think that was what ‘broke me’ and I stopped playing. I’m thinking of trying the current maternity event but I’m not sure if I have enough resources/time between other events.
I’m level 55 and have 31 sims. Most are working on getting life orbs so I can open the arcade and entertainment tent locations. I also missed the grand garages event and urban furniture event when they were on previously so I’ll be doing them in a few days time.
I’ve got 1.4 million simoleans and I’m trying to save to get 3 million simoleans to open the pet salon. I’ve also got 33 life points and 10 social points.
I wanted to know if I should pass on the maternity event to focus on the grand garage and urban furniture events?
I have moved your post to a suitable topic. Maybe you'll find some replies for your questions here :)

It's hard to say do it or better leave it.
It's a nine days event and every day we have to pay either simoleons or LPs for an appointment - doctor or yoga instructor. The amounts may vary for different games. My game is level 55 as well and the needed amount was more than 500,000 simoleons. The LP amount was 13.
Currently I have 16 sims doing a support task. But in past events I sometimes needed up to 30 sims for support tasks at the same time. Which is hard if there are 4 children in town and one pregnant sim with own tasks.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Recent pregnancy events have not required more than 20 sims for support tasks for me. Often senior and teen sims can do the tasks too. Sometimes, if a task requires two sims (example "give pregnancy advice") you must have an adult sim be the one to advise the teen, however.

I have not found the number of sims to be a challenge, but I would not do pregnancy at same time as any other event. It's too hard to keep on top of.

It is, as mentioned, it's very expensive in simoleans, LP and for me, in SP if I need to catch up.

The most challenging part for me.is getting the support tasks done in time. You have to really be on top of starting a new task as soon as one expires. Also extremely careful not to miscount the sims you have doing a task, as finishing one or two you missed will require either to spend SP to hurry the missed sim(s) or be hours behind in support tasks.

The support tasks are doled out one at a time, so you can't plan, for example, to do long tasks when you sleep. Also they seem to be randomly assigned. So in some pregnancies I've received many more long tasks than in others. I've sometimes thought I was on track to finish on time or even early, only to have so many long tasks come up toward the end that I was behind and had to use SP to finish on time. The SP cost to finish can be VERY expensive as you have to do multiple sims at high cost .... example: 18 sims at 12 SP each ( 216 total) for a task of about 2 hours, and this is one of the shorter tasks!
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

Why.....oh why....oh why....so much work. simpletons, LP, SP costs and lengthy tasks?!?! 😭 😭 😭
Littlebrownpony
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Littlebrownpony »

Question: I have a decent amount of leftover maternity store currency. Will I be able to use that to buy the new packs, or do I have to do the whole nine day pregnancy task thing again?
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

You have to do the whole thing again. That’s my complaint with these maternity packs. Why can’t they just put the items in the maternity shop for those of us who have thousands of coins we can’t ever use?
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Or let us trade unusable maternity currency for SP?
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

SKatF wrote: 17 May 2020, 20:57 Or let us trade unusable maternity currency for SP?
Now that’s something we all could really use! But I’d still like to be able to use maternity currency to buy that gold farmhouse lamp from the current pack. It’s the only item I’ve wanted for a long while.
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
lollipop369
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by lollipop369 »

Littlebrownpony wrote: 16 May 2020, 23:41 Question: I have a decent amount of leftover maternity store currency. Will I be able to use that to buy the new packs, or do I have to do the whole nine day pregnancy task thing again?
Like simmare said, would have to do the whole 9day task again. The overflow currency currently can’t be used for maternity prizes, except ones listed in the maternity store, and even then, duplicate items cost simoleans/LP/SP, not maternity token currency.
See profile for info-HFN, HH, etc.
GC1: Tia B. Jeanty=HP Handcrafted Homes Online Packs!
GC2: Tia B. Radcliffe=ER show Day 1/Midtown Cafè
GC3: Katyara B. Swyft=GoT Maternity