[Event] Pregnancy Event

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

[Event] Pregnancy Event

Post by SKatF »

I started a pregnancy event early on March 26 to take advantage of the bonus. There was no notice that anything special will be added. Now I'm concerned I started before the bonus time began.

Could anyone whose doing the pregnancy event let me know if they got any special notification? If so, it may not be too late for me to reset my game and start the pregnancy over.
simgrrl
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Grand Garages Update - Changes

Post by simgrrl »

SKatF wrote: 26 Mar 2019, 07:33 I started a pregnancy event early on March 26 to take advantage of the bonus. There was no notice that anything special will be added. Now I'm concerned I started before the bonus time began.

Could anyone whose doing the pregnancy event let me know if they got any special notification? If so, it may not be too late for me to reset my game and start the pregnancy over.

There was an exclamation point on my crib before I started my event. And then it mentions that if I complete all my daily and supporting tasks, I will get the Maternity Pack 1 (see attached photo).
Attachments
1A492FEF-83D6-45CF-B393-41BF0426D263.jpeg
Soyami
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Soyami »

I am surprised nobody mentions it, but they raised the max number of sims required for support tasks. Before the update I only needed 13 sims maximum to complete support tasks in 1 go, now it asks for as high as 38 sims. I believe this is what messed up my and other players active pregnancy event on the date of update reducing all support tasks to 0% completion. At this point I'm curious if it's just my game that has this ongoing issue with number of sims required after the update or everyone experiences this, do you guys still need 13 sims max for your support tasks? @.@
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

Soyami wrote: 26 Mar 2019, 14:22 I am surprised nobody mentions it, but they raised the max number of sims required for support tasks. Before the update I only needed 13 sims maximum to complete support tasks in 1 go, now it asks for as high as 38 sims. I believe this is what messed up my and other players active pregnancy event on the date of update reducing all support tasks to 0% completion. At this point I'm curious if it's just my game that has this ongoing issue with number of sims required after the update or everyone experiences this, do you guys still need 13 sims max for your support tasks? @.@
I just started about 4 hours ago, but I needed 14 for one task and 13 for another. These are tasks which previously required less than ten, so I am sure they have upped the numbers. Someone reported needing 40 Sims for one task, which is more than we actually have. So yeah, I think someone at EA has gone over to the dark side of the force.

Ruth
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Thanks Simgrrl. I think I'm not getting the special bonus and my game saved so can't reset. 😕 Maybe it was because I haven't done pregnancy event before?

I needed to do a supporting task that required 2 sims 17 times.

Also, I thought you had a choice of which supporting task to do next, but I only get one. Then the next one when completed. Maybe I misunderstood how it works.
simgrrl
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by simgrrl »

My pregnant sim’s doctor’s appointment costs 500 000+ simoleons or 13 LP. I don’t remember the price being that high? Also, when I did a pregnancy task last update, I noticed that the doctor’s appointment duration was shorter than the yoga appointment. I think it was 2+ hours (pls correct me if I remembered it wrong lol) but for this update it’s 4 hr 15 minutes. And yes, the number of sims needed for the supporting tasks are insane. I don’t feel like doing two more pregnancy cycles after just to get baby items that would cost high amounts of LP’s or SP’s.
Soyami
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Soyami »

telemwill wrote: 26 Mar 2019, 15:11
Soyami wrote: 26 Mar 2019, 14:22 I am surprised nobody mentions it, but they raised the max number of sims required for support tasks. Before the update I only needed 13 sims maximum to complete support tasks in 1 go, now it asks for as high as 38 sims. I believe this is what messed up my and other players active pregnancy event on the date of update reducing all support tasks to 0% completion. At this point I'm curious if it's just my game that has this ongoing issue with number of sims required after the update or everyone experiences this, do you guys still need 13 sims max for your support tasks? @.@
I just started about 4 hours ago, but I needed 14 for one task and 13 for another. These are tasks which previously required less than ten, so I am sure they have upped the numbers. Someone reported needing 40 Sims for one task, which is more than we actually have. So yeah, I think someone at EA has gone over to the dark side of the force.

Ruth
Oh well, thank you for confirmation, just received the final reply from Firemonkeys support that these changes are indeed intentional. I was in talks with them for the past 2 weeks trying to resolve the fact that my pregnancy event progress of 9 days got wiped out on the update day and trying to clarify if the changes are intentional. Got offered like 20 LP and pregnancy store currency which I don't even need since I had already bought every item there, that is for my 9-day long efforts to log-in every couple hours to complete all these quests that otherwise require thousands of SP to auto-complete... Have to say it was the worst support experience I've ever had in my 10+ years gaming experience - clueless manager and the compensation doesn't even begin to cover the loses, shame for such a massive company, but in lines with their reputation I suppose. Not sure where they are going with these insane prices and grindy events, no way for me to even reach the end-game content after years of playing. :(
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

telemwill wrote: 26 Mar 2019, 15:11

Ruth
My first support task required 19 sims, the second 18. So yes, they did raise requirements. I sure hope I don't see one requiring 40 - I don't have 40 sims in town!
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

simgrrl wrote: 26 Mar 2019, 19:12 My pregnant sim’s doctor’s appointment costs 500 000+ simoleons or 13 LP. I don’t remember the price being that high? Also, when I did a pregnancy task last update, I noticed that the doctor’s appointment duration was shorter than the yoga appointment. I think it was 2+ hours (pls correct me if I remembered it wrong lol) but for this update it’s 4 hr 15 minutes. And yes, the number of sims needed for the supporting tasks are insane. I don’t feel like doing two more pregnancy cycles after just to get baby items that would cost high amounts of LP’s or SP’s.
Yep, my doctor's appointment is over 500,000 too. Used to be 200,000+. And we need a lot more sims to complete support tasks. I'm glad I did a bunch of pregnancy events already. Only need 2 more to have enough bonus sims for all the crafting stations for live events.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

In a sick kind of way, I'm finding the pregnancy event sort of relaxing. My total town is doing the same task (except the kids) so no decisions, no different end times to keep track of .... can't even do many weekly tasks until some are freed up.

Sure need to know the EA schedule of events, though, as pregnncy is something you do when you have nothing else going on in your town.

By the way, my pregnant sim did one of her own support tasks (along with 16 of her friends and neighbors) .. practicing making formula.

She was done with her own tasks such as throwing up, planning her own baby shower (what???), resting on the couch and I assigned her by accident. Seems fitting she should learn, rather than expecting everyone else (many random strangers to her) to feed her kid. 😏