(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: [SIMCHASE] Season 1: Mother's Day Madness

Post by Butterfly »

mockingbird288z wrote: 05 May 2019, 05:44 FM's brainstorm session:

Head monkey - "EA wants us to double the IAPs this quarter. Any ideas?"

Monkey 1: How about 3 new live events this time?
Monkey 2: Too much work!
Monkey 3: I know!! Why don't we take the most hated part of every type of quest we've ever done and put them all in one quest!
Monkey 1: We'd have to make a lot of big, enticing prizes to get people to deal with that.
Monkey 4: Nah! Little prizes! And make them expensive again!
New, fresh, hopeful Monkey: What about just adding the things players have been asking for for years? Update to the seasons? Be able to put babies in strollers and walk them in the park? Dog's on leashes?
All the other monkeys who are dead inside: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Omg 😮 lol ... you shared this “FM brainstorming session” SOOOOO PERFECTLY!! Hahaha 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣 !!!
3luv4eva3
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by 3luv4eva3 »

ErinPW wrote: 05 May 2019, 06:57 The prizes of episode 5. The first of each item is free.
FM have really lost their minds, haven't they?
SFP: Level 55
VIP: Level 12
Version 5.76.0 - Live, Laugh, Loft

'low key' gamer, writer and binge watcher
simsally
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by simsally »

madscientist wrote: 04 May 2019, 23:58 Anyone else having problems with the timings on Day 5? I haven't had any issues with Days 1 to 4, finishing each with a couple of hours to spare, without using a single SP. Day 5 however, I have the following tasks:
Read Rulebook - 2 hours
Motivate 11 sims (by using 11 sims) - 3 hours (I had 22 sims so only had to do this once)
Find 18 secret messages (by using 6 sims) - 3 hours - currently on this one and on my second go around so at least 6 hours (may need a third, which will take it up to 9 hours, but hope not)
Write poem at dining table - 5 hours
Bluff Mastery - 3 hours
Globe - the game estimated 6 hours, but everyone else is saying the only globe we have is 7.5 hours.

By my calculation, I have 26.5 hours of tasks, but only 24 hours to complete them in, and there's no allowance built in for time needed to switch from one task to the next. Seems to be impossible without SP for today. I think they've made an error in both the secret messages task (not allowing 6 hours rather than 3) and the globe task (they assumed 6 and it takes 7.5). That would take 4.5 off and take the tasks to a more "achievable" 22.5 for the day. I really like the chair, but nothing is worth this.
Day 5 definitely did not seem achievable to me. I keep getting the tasks that require more sims which made it take even longer. I had motivate 24 sims (which requires 48, which we obviously don't have) so that took 2 rounds for me. I ended up paying a lot more SP then I wanted to for this round where as all others I only paid to skip the mastery task as the last task.

I was thinking about spinning the tokens to see if it would slow the rival down to make her take more then 24 hours to complete but I was weary that wouldn't work. Has anyone done that with success?
DanieC
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by DanieC »

ErinPW wrote: 05 May 2019, 06:37
mudgenie wrote: 04 May 2019, 15:22 I'm doing Episode 5 and something weird happened, it's not giving me a choice for the first task. "Devise 24 solutions" on a couch is just the task and there is no way to skip it or see how long it's going to take. So I don't know if this is a bug or they are making us do this first for whatever reason
Just read at the German Forum. A member experienced the same issue. After a while of trying to complete the task, they set some sims to do the task and then cancelled the action. The task disappeared and finally they could start with the new episode.

It's not an ideal solution but worth a try :)
I’ve got a similar problem with day 6. To be able to start the day I have to motivate Sims in 16 sessions. I’ve tried the interaction several times but without any success. The sessions don’t count.
Has anyone an idea or solution to this problem?
PyroSpazz
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by PyroSpazz »

Yeah, I call shenanigans on this whole event... the “competitor” sim darts way ahead at the beginning of each day and the prices to catch up are ludicrous. I thought they were going downhill when they started charging $60,000+ for every new minor decoration coming out, but this takes it a step further - I actually bought one of the recent packs and even after spending RL money to unlock these items they’re prohibitively expensive in terms of Simoleons ($100,000+) after placing your first free one.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

DanieC wrote: 05 May 2019, 15:33
mudgenie wrote: 04 May 2019, 15:22 I'm doing Episode 5 and something weird happened, it's not giving me a choice for the first task. "Devise 24 solutions" on a couch is just the task and there is no way to skip it or see how long it's going to take. So I don't know if this is a bug or they are making us do this first for whatever reason
Just read at the German Forum. A member experienced the same issue. After a while of trying to complete the task, they set some sims to do the task and then cancelled the action. The task disappeared and finally they could start with the new episode.

I’ve got a similar problem with day 6. To be able to start the day I have to motivate Sims in 16 sessions. I’ve tried the interaction several times but without any success. The sessions don’t count.
Has anyone an idea or solution to this problem?
Motivate sims is not a task for day 6. You could try the solution mentioned in the post you quoted: Set some sims to do the task and then cancel the action. If that doesn't help, search the sim tracker if there are sims still doing the task. Then cancel their action if neccessary.

It worked for two of my friends but I can't promise that it'll work for you.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
mudgenie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by mudgenie »

OMG 😲 it did it to me again this morning with the newest episode! The advice you gave me worked but I had to have all 16 couples of sims working on the "motivational talk" before I could cancel and have it work. I don't know if it would work to start and stop the action 16 times with just 2 sims. I think I will try that tomorrow (I'm sure it will happen again) because setting them all up takes about 15 minutes. Anyway thanks so much for the advice. It saved me from pulling out my hair
Spirited Away Ghost hunting house below swim center on the left side
HFN at Starter house #22
Check out the house next to the volcano. :D
Current Update
MolliesDollies
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by MolliesDollies »

By the way, if you use sims with the baby bonus they complete even these simchase tasks faster.
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

MolliesDollies wrote: 05 May 2019, 17:52 By the way, if you use sims with the baby bonus they complete even these simchase tasks faster.
This is true as I did it and can confirm the same. It has been helpful once I discovered this. 🤩
bloodredroses01
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bloodredroses01 »

Well, I am outta here as far as this stupid ass ‘game show’ is concerned. Yesterday, because I can sometimes be navigationally challenged, I wasn’t going to be able to finish the episode w/o spending a crap ton of SP. I have a grand total of 9SP so that wasn’t going to happen since I’d already spent my IAP budget for the week. If I’m honest it’s only the completist part of me that’s trying not to gibber in a corner while the rest of me would be doing a frantic Snoopy Dance of Happiness if I wasn’t still so exhausted from my road trip. 😉

They want too much RL money for outrageously expensive yet crappy prizes. And why should we participate in a part of the game that is more or less rigged against us? If they decide to do this again then for me to play along will take some really spectacular yet reasonably priced prizes and for it to be easy to finish w/o spending massive amounts of SP. Since that’s probably not going to happen that means I am 🎉FREE🎉 from the hassle of the SimChase!!!
Morgan Rose
GameCenter: BloodRedRoses01 (not that it matters)
Party of the Decade update