[SIMCHASE] Season 1: Mother's Day Madness

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
Mariel Bravef
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: [SIMCHASE] Season 1: Mother's Day Madness

Post by Mariel Bravef »

Does anyone know what the prizes for this thing are going to be? Besides the weird little game boost tokens?
Mariel Bravef on Facebook, feel free to add me :)
Friend House: Starter lot. Social task and hobby items both. Let me know how I can improve it!
Haunted: Across from the maternity store
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Mariel Bravef wrote: 30 Apr 2019, 06:20 Does anyone know what the prizes for this thing are going to be? Besides the weird little game boost tokens?
You can scroll to the right and tap on the magnifying glass to see what the prizes are going to be for the rest of the episodes:
0C072BC1-BF46-48C9-9689-F709EFCEC8BD.jpeg
F1FB28A9-3C6D-4C69-9AEE-BD25FD6A6BE0.jpeg
D6548271-02D9-4E9B-9F26-5EF186985B71.jpeg
6C17576B-6857-4A7C-A8E5-0C1B8D463F35.jpeg
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

Butterfly wrote: 30 Apr 2019, 03:51
simmare wrote: 30 Apr 2019, 02:20 Well, Day 1 wasn't too horrible. I did buy the boost, which auto-completes one task each day. My completed task was reading the Sim Chase rule book. Also, you can hurry tasks with SP, but don't do it directly from the task. Like, the cappuccino task (with the boost, mine only required 4 sims) would require spending, I think, 22 SP per sim, but if you hurry it through the Sim Chase window, you pay, IIRC, 7 SP, and it completes for all sims. Maybe this won't be as bad as I thought.
Based on your encounter...it doesn’t seem to be so bad for you. But, I wonder how it may differ for everyone. 🤔
Yes, it may differ for everyone. I think buying the boost before starting is really going to help, because the prices and requirements for everything else are lower if you have it. Including the shortest mastery task. I wonder if the varying amounts are based on level or something.
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

At least the Sim rival appears to go fairly slow. Maybe she sleeps at night?

Ruth
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
Simbellini
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Simbellini »

I've had no choice but to spend some precious SP to speed through some of the tasks and this does seem to reduce the amount needed for later ones. At the moment I'm on what I think is my last one the 'Hacker Skillz' if I tap my sim to quick complete it's 21 SP but if I go into the Simchase Game menu it is only 3 SP. The first day has seemed easier than I thought it would be but I know it will get harder :? But I won't be able to do that anyway and just hope everyone's not in for a lot of disappointment on this one :roll:
bloodredroses01
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bloodredroses01 »

So FM wants $10 for the “boost” on top of the RL money they expect us to shell out for game currency and LP/SP so that we can finish a hard-to-win “game show” that they created for the express purpose of seducing RL money out of our wallets? Well bless their tiny little stone-cold hearts!🤦‍♀️🤬
Morgan Rose
GameCenter: BloodRedRoses01 (not that it matters)
Party of the Decade update
chamilet
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by chamilet »

So, is this something I can babysit at work without losing out to the Rival Sim? Or should I wait until I get home and zip through it with SPs? (I have the SPs to do so thanks to VIP 8 and some lucky spins, but as per usual, I'd like to save them if I don't have to use them.)
GC = chamilet (Glee characters) Please mention Sims
GC = LeslieGurun76 (Whovian characters) Please mention Sims
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

chamilet wrote: 30 Apr 2019, 14:06 So, is this something I can babysit at work without losing out to the Rival Sim? Or should I wait until I get home and zip through it with SPs? (I have the SPs to do so thanks to VIP 8 and some lucky spins, but as per usual, I'd like to save them if I don't have to use them.)
It's something you can babysit at work. I'm not convinced there's an actual real chance the rival will finish before you. It's like the meter for the community progress from the community events - it's all preset and what we do doesn't really have an effect. The rival wins if we don't get everything done within 24 hours. So this is just like any other event that's partitioned into days with daily prizes. The main difference is we have to get each day's task done within 24 hours or we lose out on that day's prize. Or rather, we then get the option of spending a couple hundred SP to unlock the each prize. :roll:

And each task takes a set amount of SP off of the total to skip the entire day. So, it's a little counter intuitive, but it works out better to do some of the shorter tasks before some of the longer ones because the shorter tasks take more off the total to skip.

For example, I did the bookshelf one last night before going to bed, it took 2 hours and took 20SP off the total to skip the entire day. I did the cappuccino one overnight because it was the longer of the two tasks that took 10SP off of the total to skip the entire day. Now, instead of doing the other 3 hour task I'm doing the sewing one because it will take 10SP off of the total. The last task I'll do today is the breakfast one - that way if I end up running out of time to do it, it will just cost 2SP to skip.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
moonwalker
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by moonwalker »

Where is the nightclub? The first task is “check in at the nightclub” and I didn’t even know there was one.
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

Is there a way to check the sp cost other than starting each task?