[SIMCHASE] Season 1: Mother's Day Madness

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
Valgon
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: [SIMCHASE] Season 1: Mother's Day Madness

Post by Valgon »

If we do all tasks except the Mastery one then we can just pay 15SP for every episode, it's not too expensive.

When I want to skip near-missed (small tasks for 2-3 SP, or maybe this is when I should use Chase Token) or annoying group tasks I could justify to use a couple more SP in ep 5 and 7.. *Kinda interested because I missed last 3 live-events on purpose :?
RubyRed
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by RubyRed »

Well right now, I am doing the All Mezzed Up quest instead, getting more done for the same amount of effort. In fact close to the end of the quest with the same amount of grinding.
CatharinaSophia
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by CatharinaSophia »

mockingbird288z wrote: 04 May 2019, 06:26
ErinPW wrote: 04 May 2019, 06:03 I started the 8 hours task before going to bed. When I opened the tablet after getting up, I got a notification:

Your SimChase rival has started their last Challenge before the Checkpoint check-in. Better get your skates on, they will check-in with Kam in 6 hours! My next episode would start 6 hours later. Another day it was a rival's 2 hours task, yesterday it was the 5 hours task before they'd reach the Checkpoint. So I think Leah is right and the rival needed the full 24 hours. At least for the first 4 episodes. FM may change this for the other episodes.

I made screenshots this morning. The rival's progress bar was way closer than my sim's, although the rival has more than 5 hours to go and my sim only 5 seconds.
And another thing to note: on the first episode, every 15 minutes (or thereabouts, I wasn't exactly timing it) the rival's circle would fill up with another quarter of their circle. When their circle filled they would be done with that task. Today, however, it was more like an hour for each quarter. So it's not the same for each day but it does seem to be consistent within each day. So if you pay attention to their circle and can get a feel for how long it's taking them to fill a quarter of their circle you can get an idea of how long they'll be on that task.
I wouldn't count on the quarter theory. Yesterday it took the Rival to get the first quarter about 3 hours, 2nd quarter also. 3rd and 4th quarter were both completed within 2 hours so I'm not too convinced every quarter takes the same amount of time :?:

ALSO THE TASK WITH THE GLOBE TAKES 7.5 HOURS INSTEAD OF 6 AS THERE'S NO 3 STAR GLOBE!
Feel free to add me on Twitter, we'll have loads of fun!
@Catharina_Sims

Need to rant?
mudgenie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by mudgenie »

I'm doing Episode 5 and something weird happened, it's not giving me a choice for the first task. "Devise 24 solutions" on a couch is just the task and there is no way to skip it or see how long it's going to take. So I don't know if this is a bug or they are making us do this first for whatever reason
Spirited Away Ghost hunting house below swim center on the left side
HFN at Starter house #22
Check out the house next to the volcano. :D
Current Update
mudgenie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by mudgenie »

Ok now it is not giving me credit for any of the "solutions" my sims have worked on. It still says 0/24 solutions. I can't skip the task, there is no skip option anymore so I guess I'm done. To skip the whole episode is 140 SP and no way am I doing that. I feel so cheated right now because the only reason I kept going was to get the chairs and now I can't continue the quest at all. Anyone else have this problem? Now I know why it's called Mothers Day madness- I'm pretty darn mad :evil:
HFN at Starter house #22
Current Update
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Madness indeed. I have to do 24 motivational sessions which will obviously take 2 rounds (no one has 48 sims) and don't choose to spend 25 SP to skip task. Until now, I could get each task except pennies in one go. Sigh. But I'm soldiering on. I may even complete it. I doubt I'll do this type of event again.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

mudgenie wrote: 04 May 2019, 15:45 Ok now it is not giving me credit for any of the "solutions" my sims have worked on. It still says 0/24 solutions. I can't skip the task, there is no skip option anymore so I guess I'm done. To skip the whole episode is 140 SP and no way am I doing that. I feel so cheated right now because the only reason I kept going was to get the chairs and now I can't continue the quest at all. Anyone else have this problem? Now I know why it's called Mothers Day madness- I'm pretty darn mad :evil:
Did you try to reinstall the game? Sometimes it helps to clear things.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
mudgenie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by mudgenie »

ErinPW wrote: 04 May 2019, 16:48
mudgenie wrote: 04 May 2019, 15:45 Ok now it is not giving me credit for any of the "solutions" my sims have worked on. It still says 0/24 solutions. I can't skip the task, there is no skip option anymore so I guess I'm done. To skip the whole episode is 140 SP and no way am I doing that. I feel so cheated right now because the only reason I kept going was to get the chairs and now I can't continue the quest at all. Anyone else have this problem? Now I know why it's called Mothers Day madness- I'm pretty darn mad :evil:
Did you try to reinstall the game? Sometimes it helps to clear things.
Yes, I did do a reinstall and there was no change in the game. So you have not experienced this glitch? I have a feeling that it's making me work on a later episode's task. I won't know till I have already lost my chance for this prize unfortunately. Oh well, it's just a game
HFN at Starter house #22
Current Update
mudgenie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by mudgenie »

Well, it just fixed itself just now on my phone but not my iPad (for whatever reason). I posted the problem on Facebook about an hour ago. Maybe they read that and did an in game fix, idk. I'm still about 5 hours behind though.
HFN at Starter house #22
Current Update
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

mudgenie wrote: 04 May 2019, 18:04 Well, it just fixed itself just now on my phone but not my iPad (for whatever reason). I posted the problem on Facebook about an hour ago. Maybe they read that and did an in game fix, idk. I'm still about 5 hours behind though.
I didn't experience this bug, just thought reinstalling may help. I'm glad it's fixed on your phone so you can go on and possibly skip a task or the episode for less SP (if needed and if you want).
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View