[SIMCHASE] Season 1: Mother's Day Madness

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: [SIMCHASE] Season 1: Mother's Day Madness

Post by Butterfly »

This is true BUT we all have so many mixed emotions about this event already 😕.
Aalinnutza
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Aalinnutza »

Quick question: if I choose to not play certain days, like the ones that have those weird tokens as prizes can I still play the days that have real prizes? I assume the answer is buried somewhere but I cannot find it properly. I just don’t want to bother with the stupid tokens, but I still want to get the grand prize.
GC aalinnutza
HFN (really bad with maps and addresses) Next to the fire station with an N made out of pines (white flat roof)
Haunted house surrounded by the pool and pine!

Update: The most recent one
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

Aalinnutza wrote: 04 May 2019, 20:10 Quick question: if I choose to not play certain days, like the ones that have those weird tokens as prizes can I still play the days that have real prizes? I assume the answer is buried somewhere but I cannot find it properly. I just don’t want to bother with the stupid tokens, but I still want to get the grand prize.
Only completing all the tasks of an episode will unlock the next one. You can't skip the episodes with just a token as a prize.
madscientist
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by madscientist »

Anyone else having problems with the timings on Day 5? I haven't had any issues with Days 1 to 4, finishing each with a couple of hours to spare, without using a single SP. Day 5 however, I have the following tasks:
Read Rulebook - 2 hours
Motivate 11 sims (by using 11 sims) - 3 hours (I had 22 sims so only had to do this once)
Find 18 secret messages (by using 6 sims) - 3 hours - currently on this one and on my second go around so at least 6 hours (may need a third, which will take it up to 9 hours, but hope not)
Write poem at dining table - 5 hours
Bluff Mastery - 3 hours
Globe - the game estimated 6 hours, but everyone else is saying the only globe we have is 7.5 hours.

By my calculation, I have 26.5 hours of tasks, but only 24 hours to complete them in, and there's no allowance built in for time needed to switch from one task to the next. Seems to be impossible without SP for today. I think they've made an error in both the secret messages task (not allowing 6 hours rather than 3) and the globe task (they assumed 6 and it takes 7.5). That would take 4.5 off and take the tasks to a more "achievable" 22.5 for the day. I really like the chair, but nothing is worth this.
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

Why is this SIMCHASE event labeled "season 1" ???

This agony sounds to be a repeating event of seasons to account for seasons following season 1. 😭😢😤😢😭
marktheperson
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by marktheperson »

Butterfly wrote: 05 May 2019, 00:58 Why is this SIMCHASE event labeled "season 1" ???

This agony sounds to be a repeating event of seasons to account for seasons following season 1. 😭😢😤😢😭
It kinda seems like a mix of the Live Events and the Marketplace Events, but somehow worse than both.....
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

marktheperson wrote: 05 May 2019, 04:53
Butterfly wrote: 05 May 2019, 00:58 Why is this SIMCHASE event labeled "season 1" ???

It kinda seems like a mix of the Live Events and the Marketplace Events, but somehow worse than both.....
FM's brainstorm session:

Head monkey - "EA wants us to double the IAPs this quarter. Any ideas?"

Monkey 1: How about 3 new live events this time?
Monkey 2: Too much work!
Monkey 3: I know!! Why don't we take the most hated part of every type of quest we've ever done and put them all in one quest!
Monkey 1: We'd have to make a lot of big, enticing prizes to get people to deal with that.
Monkey 4: Nah! Little prizes! And make them expensive again!
New, fresh, hopeful Monkey: What about just adding the things players have been asking for for years? Update to the seasons? Be able to put babies in strollers and walk them in the park? Dog's on leashes?
All the other monkeys who are dead inside: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
3luv4eva3
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by 3luv4eva3 »

mockingbird288z wrote: 05 May 2019, 05:44 FM's brainstorm session:

Head monkey - "EA wants us to double the IAPs this quarter. Any ideas?"

Monkey 1: How about 3 new live events this time?
Monkey 2: Too much work!
Monkey 3: I know!! Why don't we take the most hated part of every type of quest we've ever done and put them all in one quest!
Monkey 1: We'd have to make a lot of big, enticing prizes to get people to deal with that.
Monkey 4: Nah! Little prizes! And make them expensive again!
New, fresh, hopeful Monkey: What about just adding the things players have been asking for for years? Update to the seasons? Be able to put babies in strollers and walk them in the park? Dog's on leashes?
All the other monkeys who are dead inside: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Couldn't have described it better myself!
SFP: Level 55
VIP: Level 12
Version 5.76.0 - Live, Laugh, Loft

'low key' gamer, writer and binge watcher
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

mudgenie wrote: 04 May 2019, 15:22 I'm doing Episode 5 and something weird happened, it's not giving me a choice for the first task. "Devise 24 solutions" on a couch is just the task and there is no way to skip it or see how long it's going to take. So I don't know if this is a bug or they are making us do this first for whatever reason
Just read at the German Forum. A member experienced the same issue. After a while of trying to complete the task, they set some sims to do the task and then cancelled the action. The task disappeared and finally they could start with the new episode.

It's not an ideal solution but worth a try :)
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

The prizes of episode 5. The first of each item is free.
Attachments
Mother's Day Madness prizes episode 5
Mother's Day Madness prizes episode 5
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View